Baby It's Cold In This Tub - 15" doll

darski

Baby It’s Cold In This Tub. 15” doll :pinterest

Just goes to prove that there is nothing a BICO cannot be…

post-4896-135897795433_thumb.jpg

Bathrobe/housecoat

With WW yarn and 5.5mm hook…

Row 1: Ch 29, hdc in 2nd chain from hook and across -28 hdc.

Rows 2 – 12: work even

Row 13 : work hdc across but decrease 1 st on each side 6 sts from edge

Row 14: work even

Row 15: repeat row 13.

Row 16 – 19: work even. Break off

Begin sleeves…

Row 17: Chain 11, pick up your back piece and work hdc across from where you left off, then chain 12. turn.

Row 18: work hdc in 2nd chain from hook and then across

Row 19 – 24: work even in hdc.

Row 25: hdc in 23, sc in 4, hdc in 23... sorry mis counted. I hate writing patterns :wlol

post-4896-135897795436_thumb.jpg

Begin working right side..

Row 26- 28: hdc in 18 ch 1 and turn

Rows 29- 34: Work even but hdc increase at neck edge

Row 35: work hdc increase at neck edge but stop 11 sts from sleeve edge.

Rows 36 -40: work even but with increase at neck

Row 41: do not increase at neck but increase one at side edge

Row 42: work even

Row 43: work even but increase at side edge.

Continue to work even until front matches back side edge. Break off

Attach yarn in remaining neck edge stitch from row 25 and work the left side as a mirror of the right side.

Join front to back and tidy your ends.

Attach white at lower Right front edge.

Work a decorative long sc stitch (sc in 3, long sc in 1) up to the point where the V begins. Work FPsc around neck increasing generously in the round neck portion, finish down left front edge with the long sc stitch. Break off

Attach yarn into first FPsc at right side, chain 21 and work sl st into each ch(tie made) , hdc in each FPsc to other end of FPsc. Ch 1 turn

Work 3 sc, 3hdc and then dc around to the last 6 sts where you work 3 hdc and 3 sc. Secure and break off.

Lay the robe flat and find where the Right front tie meets the left side and work a tie in white (as before) in this spot. Secure and tidy ends.

post-4896-13589779544_thumb.jpg

Bath Mitt . with Varigated cotton yarn

post-4896-135897795439_thumb.jpg

Ch 2, 6 sc in 1st ch, join, ch 1 and turn

2sc in 1st st, sc in 2, 2sc in next, sc in 2 join. Ch 1 and turn

Work 2 more rows of sc increasing at the sides.(where increases occur on previous row)

Work 1 row even

As you work a row of sc, ch 3, sk 3 sc and sc rest of row (thumb opening formed)

Work 3 more rows of sc evenly

Work last row of (hdc, FPdc ) around to form ribbing effect.

NOTE - missing part here: work sc rows to complete thumb and gather and tidy ends.

The awful truth is that the wash cloth and the towel are both :knit

Washcloth – kn stst on 15 sts for 17 rows. CO

Towel: work a standard chevron pattern over 25 sts until long enough for towel.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897795403_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897795434_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897795437_thumb.jpg

#1 - DARSKI YOU ROCK!

#2 - I'm a beginning knitter so I have motivation to practice on that washcloth and towel!

#3 - I've got 4 more projects I to start before I can start on these - and do as many as I can before Claire's birthday party on 4/14!

#1 - DARSKI YOU ROCK!

#2 - I'm a beginning knitter so I have motivation to practice on that washcloth and towel!

#3 - I've got 4 more projects I to start before I can start on these - and do as many as I can before Claire's birthday party on 4/14!

You seem to be rocking along yourself there.

These do seem to work up quickly with ww yarn.

If you need help with the chevron, PM and I'll help. it is one of those "lots of bang for your penny" patterns. Easy to do and looks FAB

Once again you have gone and created a masterpiece. I'll have to be sure to keep this away from my DGD's as they are keeping me busy this week making clothes for Dora and their fashion dolls. :lol I know what they'll be getting for their birthdays this summer.:clap Thank you!

gorgeous Darski!!! very pretty too, the towel etc just set it off

So beautiful, Darski....Do you think it could be a newborn size or a bit smaller?? It could be for a baby from one week - three weeks of life.....??:cheer

I am a beginner at crochet but with your wonderful patterns I have become the coolest grandma ever. My grand-daughter is almost 3yrs and Dora is just the most important thing ever. But now grandma gets to at least be second. Thanks for sharing your talents. I do have a question on the washcloth and towel instructions. I don't know what they are.:think Would you please help me and if it is knit and not crochet will you please suggest an alternate stitch. Thanks again so much. I have learned so much from this site and really feel like I can do this now.

I think this is my newest fav of yours Darski, this one and the princess dress. I don't suppose there's an easy way to upsize it to a six year old's size?

If you have a good eye and know the BICO pattern, you could just wing it.

lay your starting BACK chain on the floor and imagine it around your little one. I did bring it in a couple of stitches to fit better at the waist.

bict7.jpg

This is where it all starts - are you up for a challenge?

I am a beginner at crochet but with your wonderful patterns I have become the coolest grandma ever. My grand-daughter is almost 3yrs and Dora is just the most important thing ever. But now grandma gets to at least be second. Thanks for sharing your talents. I do have a question on the washcloth and towel instructions. I don't know what they are.:think Would you please help me and if it is knit and not crochet will you please suggest an alternate stitch. Thanks again so much. I have learned so much from this site and really feel like I can do this now.

I am pleased that my patterns are making your little one happy.

The towel and washcloth are knit because knitting is just better for something that small. if you want to make them in crochet...hmn

the washcloth can just be a sc square.

to make the same effect in a towel you would have to do a single ripple

ok, so work on an uneven number of stitches and work sc increase on both ends and a double sc decrease in the centre.

Your other choice is to just make a towel shape any way that you want; it doesn't have to have that point. Just consider what you believe makes something a towel and make that in crochet :yes

So beautiful, Darski....Do you think it could be a newborn size or a bit smaller?? It could be for a baby from one week - three weeks of life.....??:cheer

I think it might just fit that size. if you made it just a bit bigger, it could come out to a three month size. if you added 4 stitches - two to each side so to speak, it would be about right.

Archived