Cathedral Window Tableclothe

habetlerm

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw your photos and was instantly gripped with the desire to make that tablecloth. So I printed out the pattern and ran to Michael's to pick up a size 8 needle and some size 10 thread. I managed to bang out three motifs this weekend, but I have a question. Do the "joining motifs" happen once you've sewn the pieces together?

Michelle

I saw your photos and was instantly gripped with the desire to make that tablecloth. So I printed out the pattern and ran to Michael's to pick up a size 8 needle and some size 10 thread. I managed to bang out three motifs this weekend, but I have a question. Do the "joining motifs" happen once you've sewn the pieces together?

Michelle

You join the motifs together with crochet. I don't remember any sewing involved at all.

You join the motifs together with crochet. I don't remember any sewing involved at all.

Oh. At the end of round 14, in the directions, it says to sew the motifs together through the single crochets, and then after that there are directions for a "joining motif," which looks to me like what you do to close the gap in the middle of four motifs.

That looks fabulous in size 10 thread! It's nice to know that you don't necessarily have to use tiny, tiny thread to make such a delicate looking piece.

You've given me ideas...

Beth

Wow, that is beautiful! All those single crochet sections:eek It's really pretty! I don't think I could manage that much work, a table runner is about the most for me! Now you're working on a bedspread?!

Oh. At the end of round 14, in the directions, it says to sew the motifs together through the single crochets, and then after that there are directions for a "joining motif," which looks to me like what you do to close the gap in the middle of four motifs.

I'll have to take a look at that pattern again - not right at my fingertips. I truly think I only crocheted them together. Sorry.

Stunning! I have a thread tablecloth that gone unfinished in my closet for over 5 years! Maybe I'll so pull it out and begin working on it again :)

Thank you all for your encouragement. I'm still working on the 12th motif.

Karen - I just want to enoourage you to pull out that tablecloth. Let me know what pattern it is and post a picture if you can. I love pictures.

Sunny....-My next step for my grandmother's bedspread is to chart or work out the pattern. Just thought I might be able to skip a step.

That is the most incredible tablecloth I've ever seen - an heirloom. I also copied the pattern. The larger size thread works for me:D ! I've been away from thread crochet for a long time - but trying it again. It also takes up less room than my yarn stash!:lol

Absolutely breathtaking! That's a real work of art! Congratulations on sticking with it for a year!

Archived