Cat's Meow Tapestry Tote

TX CrochetLover

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all!

Kiirs, I made this with plain ole RH. It is all done in single crochet. I will show how I kept the yarn from tangling when my son gets home, I can't take the pic and have my hands on the yarn too. First off, you keep one skein of yarn on your left side and one skein on your right. Then, what I did to keep them from crossing is the part I will try to get my son to take a pic of.

Gatesmarch, the pattern is just sc and you use a graph to know when to change the colors, and the instructions Carol gives are very detailed, so you know what to do, when. She also has written instructions along with the graph.

Carol, thanks for the encouragement, as this is the first time I have ever done tapestry. Your instructions were very clear and I enjoyed reading the info about this art form that you included in the book.

However, I found one little thing I did wrong. Well, really a BIG thing wrong. I should have used cotton, it would have been sturdier and that is something I never thought about when my mind said, I'll make this in yarn. So, I am doing a sc liner with cotton to reinforce the bag.

But all in all I am happy with the work I've done and will use it, so that is what counts, right? Plus, I learned something new!

Oops, lost the pic for the way I keep the yarns from tangling. It went off into the hard drive somewhere. I will get my son to take another pic. Or find it. Darn, I hate it when I can't get something to work! And to top it all off, he's gone off and about.

The bag is beautiful! I too, have many totes, but you can never have too many tote bags or too many cats!! I will make this bag soon! Love it!!

TX Crochet lover, thanks so much for taking the pic...I'm sure you'll find it. :)

Why do you say cotton would be better? Is the Red Heart too stretchy? I'm curious as I really want to try one of these bags and I am not a thread person.

Thanks for answering my questions!

Ok, I found them. Well, actually my son did. I had created a new folder. Anyhoo, here is a slightly fuzzy pic. And another sharper image. It shows how I pull the color I am not going to use in the next stitch right up next to the hook and then pick up the loop of the new color that I have been carrying. This way the yarn doesn't tangle every darn time!

th_Img_0048.jpg

th_Img_0047.jpg

The reason I said I should have used cotton worsted is because the bag is not as sturdy for weight. Even though it is pretty dense cause you carry both colors, it does stretch when I fill it up.

Thanks for all the encouraging comments!

Archived