Cat's Meow Tapestry Tote

TX CrochetLover

I actually made something for myself! I got this pattern from the book More Tapestry Crochet by Carol Ventura. The pattern called for thread, but I made it in yarn so I would get a tote instead of a purse.

After I figured out how to keep the yarn from getting all tangled as I carried one color while working color changes, it was pretty easy.

Since I love cats, this pattern worked for me! How did I do?

Pic is clickable.

th_Img_0040.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks great! I really want to make one of these bags sometime soon. What size of yarn and hook did you use? And what did you do to keep the yarns from getting tangled?

Thanks for sharing!

I actually made something for myself! I got this pattern from the book More Tapestry Crochet by Carol Ventura. The pattern called for thread, but I made it in yarn so I would get a tote instead of a purse.

After I figured out how to keep the yarn from getting all tangled as I carried one color while working color changes, it was pretty easy.

Since I love cats, this pattern worked for me! How did I do?

Pic is clickable.

th_Img_0040.jpg

Oops! Disregard my question to you about the pattern. I was so busy looking at the bag that I totally overlooked your statement about where you got the pattern from. :lol:blush

Elle

Your bag looks wonderful - and what a fantastic idea to crochet it with yarn to make it larger! I recently added some videos to my web page from a PBS television show that explain more about tapestry crochet design and crocheitng with beads, if any of you are curious.

Keep up the good work!

Archived