Farm Tractors

diane gladys

I made my grandsons tractor quilts for xmas last year.I looked all over for a tractor pattern but didn't find any so I made my own. The pics are here http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s105/diane_gladys/ I took the tractors and sewed them on a quilt block.after the quilt was put together i just run stitching by machine around the blocks.You can quilt around the tractors but i didn't This is the Pattern Farm Tractor Row1-10-chain 31st.,sc in 2nd.ch.from hook sc10 rows even. Row-11-sc to end sc last 2st. tog Row12-sc first 2st tog.sc to end of row Row13- change colour sc to end of row sc2st tog Row14-sc2st.sc to end row changing back to orginal colour Row-15 sc to end of row sc last 2st tog Row-16- sc first 2st tog sc to end of row sc last 2st tog.end off. Wheels-Front wheels -ch4 join in a ring ch3 dc10 more in ring change colour dc 2dc in each dc around join.Join wheel in 4+5 ch from front. Large Back wheels ch4 join make 13dc in ring-Rnd2-make 2dcin each dc around join.Rnd3-ch2 hdc in same sp *hdc in next 2dc-2hdc in next dc*cont.around Rnd4- change colour *dc in next 2dc- 2dc in next dc*cont around Rnd5-dc in each st around join beyween11+12 row and in 7th st at bottom Muffler- join yarn in 6th st at top and sc in 5th st ch 1 turn sc in these 2st for 11 rows&fasten off Breather- join yarn in 6th st from muffler ch 1 sc in 5th st sc across both st 3 times ch3 sl st in 2nd ch from hook& next ch&st-chain 3 turn sc in 2nd ch from hook &across ch1 turn sc in next 4 st fasten off. Steering Wheel- join in coloured strip of body with sc ch 6 turn sl st in 3ch-ch4 sl sst across to centre fasten off hope you can follow this i had trouble lining up the words

is the only difference between your tractors the colors for each style?? (1 is red,the john deer 1 is green, etc) or is each 1 more different from each other than i can see off hand? Reason I ask, is, I was thinking of doing this for a cousin of mine and if each was a diff pattern, was going to ask for the others.

Thank you, your pattern/quilt is awsome

Sandy from the country...lol

oh i forgot 2 of them has a slightly larger front wheel to represent a front wheel asist just add another dc round before the sc finishing round and place in the same place as the little wheel

• 1 month later...

I copy photos onto graph paper and use as guide to stitch into an afghan. Did John Deere tractor, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Arkansas razorback, Pooh, and the Tasmanian devil so far

I just found this post and I am amazed at your work!1 I love the tractors and all the dishcloth dolls and oh just everything!!!!

• 3 years later...

Archived