My blue and white doily

Tracey4610

I got the pattern out of PK's Absolutely Gorgeous Doilies. I think the number is 4, but I forget the name of it. I used a blue-and-white variegated in #10, with a size 7 hook. I omitted the last row because 1) I don't like doing that many picots and 2) I ran out of the thread...tried finishing it in white, but it didn't look right to me. So, here it is!! Waddaya think?

crochet005.jpg

That is beautiful. I actually just finished this same doily yesterday. Mine is navy blue. :) I like it in that varigated yarn. That is so pretty.

your doily is beautiful,:drool:drool:drool:drool if you want to give it to someone i would also love it hehe, but alas i am sure you don't want to give it away lol, very very pretty thanks for sharing, what kind of thread did you use, its stunning:manyheart

the thread is just the standard ball of blue and white variegated that they carry at Walmart, Joann's, or Michaels. I think i got it at Michael's, though (I bought it, thinking of making a prototype of a Stargate afghan, but made a doily instead :shrug:sigh). It was only, perhaps, $2.39 for the ball. Can't remember if it's a Coats and Clark or an Aunt Lydia's.

Archived