Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Found a new pattern that done in saltines...its really neat looking Tiles Granny Afghan...I think after the games i will give it a try.

Stay warm and safe everyone the weather out there is bad right now....my DS got 4 feet the other day and hes getting dumped on again...he was afraid is roof wouldn't hold up to the weight...he lives in a trailer.

That's a neat looking afghan, Shay. Hope your son's okay with all the snow. :hug

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shay -that pattern is really pretty ! Gonna make one ?

Im thinking about it for after the games...it just looks cool to me and i can always send it to one of my kids.I even like the colors they used.

That's a neat looking afghan, Shay. Hope your son's okay with all the snow. :hug

Thanks Linda...i hope so to...we talked to him about an hour ago and he was asking his Daddy if he should climb on the roof and clear it off....of course Moms first thought is Heck NO you will not climb on that roof...DH said its ok he doesn't need to because its a newer trailer and he has 4 by 6s in the roof.

Shay ~ Thank you! That is a great pattern! I hope all is well with your son's house. :manyheart

Julie ~ After hearing about you and Cam, I hope our "little guy" and I will have as much fun as you all do!

Well, DD is officially unemployed. She seems fine with it and is already looking into doing some consulting work from home. That would be the best of both worlds...being home with the baby and staying involved in other things, too. :)

Good Morning, Ladies. :) For those of you in the blizzard areas - take care and stay warm. :hug The pictures on TV are incredible! My sister (in D.C.) emailed some pictures. Beautiful, but I don't want any. :lol

Thanks, Julie! He needs to hurry up and get here before DH and I get any older. ;)

I made more saltines last night and no surprise...I need to start joining. :blush

Then, I started a RR from my stash...ILTY Aran (ivory?), RHSS Painted Desert and Windsor Blue.

Is everyone ready for the Games? :cheer

Well, DD is officially unemployed. She seems fine with it and is already looking into doing some consulting work from home. That would be the best of both worlds...being home with the baby and staying involved in other things, too. :)

Sounds like that could really be the ideal solution. Good luck to her.

I made more saltines last night and no surprise...I need to start joining. :blush

Then, I started a RR from my stash...ILTY Aran (ivory?), RHSS Painted Desert and Windsor Blue.

Way to go, Mary. Which quiltghan are you working on now? I know you told us but I can't remember. Those colors in a RR sound absolutely gorgeous.

I'm impatiently awaiting the start of the games. To keep myself occupied until then I dug out some yarn that I've had forever and am making some preemie sized RRs with it for the local NICU. The first one only has 3 rounds left to go and I'm really liking the results. I'll take a picture in a bit when it's finished.

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Nicole ~ Stay safe. :yes Our winter has been much colder than normal and we're supposed to have snow on Thursday. :eek

For those of you participating in the Games...I'll be cheering for you! :cheer

I'm waiting to hear from DD and we may have lunch together. One year ago this week, she lost her job with a major company when they downsized. She has been working 25-30 hours a week since then with another major company and they are downsizing...the same week one year later! :( It looks like she'll have a longer maternity leave than planned. I know they'll be fine, but mama bears can't help but worry. Thanks for letting me ramble on. :manyheart

Ramble away! I'm sorry she's going through this right now. Hopefully it will all be for the best. I'm all ready for the games. I did my gauge for the adult BICO today. The yarn is gorgeous, too. :yes

:welcome Please, just jump in whenever you have a chance. Many of us have quilt 'ghans in-progress or "in mind," but we may not actively be working on them right this minute. That's alright. We are a friendly group and always happy to offer support. Yes, pictures at any point are great :yes You have picked a very pretty pattern, and your colors sound gorgeous. I cannot wait to see it, as you start to put the squares together.

Thanks so much. We'll be in the air tomorrow at this time :plane I can almost *smell* the sunscreen and ocean from here :lol

Thank you, Judy! I am feeling very tempted to check out one of the Internet cafes I pass in my travels. They rather intimidate me, but if I have my girls with me, the three of us can giggle and muddle through the opening directions, I am sure. If I get up the nerve, you will hear from me :mail, I promise.

We sure will, Mary. The girls are so excited. They were up early this morning, just to help me pack the car before school, and I doubt any of us will sleep much tonight. The trip is long, but, at least we get to stay long enough to make it worthwhile.

So sorry to hear about DD's job situation. Ironic that the bad news is coming down exactly the same week that it did last year, but I hope she does not stress over it too much to make herself feel poorly. You are a good Momma Bear :manyheart The two of you will have so much more time to prepare for the new babe, if DD is home during the daytime ;)

Nicole ~ Stay safe in all of that snow! It has been a crazy winter, everywhere.

:ghug to you all. :cheerGood luck to those of you crocheting in the Games :cheer See you in a few weeks :waving

Aloha :sun

Have a great trip! We'll miss you.

Hello to all who jumped in since I was here last -- had to make a store run since the snow is pouring again today. Y E K ....

Anyhow, Mary- sorry to hear your girl is having job problems. Does she know for sure yet that she will be one of the ones they let go, or they haven't said yet ?

I know it's scarey times right now. Sam's company had huge layoffs last week. A lot of the people they let go were people in his age bracket. I think they are weeding out the older ones since they get more vacation, pay,and things like that,so if the company heaves them out the door, they can save money .

So far,he hasn't gotten it, but it could happen. I told him not to worry, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it if we have to .

He's worked there since 1976 -- long time !!!

Anyhow, maybe if your girl wanted time off to spend with the new babe, this will happen at a good time for that at least .

I hope that DH stays clear of the downsizing.

Dusti...Stay safe and have fun...bring us back some sun please :lol

Mary...Sorry DD is having a hard time...scary times for alot of people right now...we almost lost everything a few months back before work picked up again :hug

Found a new pattern that done in saltines...its really neat looking Tiles Granny Afghan...I think after the games i will give it a try.

Stay warm and safe everyone the weather out there is bad right now....my DS got 4 feet the other day and hes getting dumped on again...he was afraid is roof wouldn't hold up to the weight...he lives in a trailer.

I love that pattern! It would be good for the games.

Shay ~ Thank you! That is a great pattern! I hope all is well with your son's house. :manyheart

Julie ~ After hearing about you and Cam, I hope our "little guy" and I will have as much fun as you all do!

It seems like she's handling things as well as possible.

Good Morning, Ladies. :) For those of you in the blizzard areas - take care and stay warm. :hug The pictures on TV are incredible! My sister (in D.C.) emailed some pictures. Beautiful, but I don't want any. :lol

Thanks, Julie! He needs to hurry up and get here before DH and I get any older. ;)

Can't wait for pictures! :D

Way to go, Mary. Which quiltghan are you working on now? I know you told us but I can't remember. Those colors in a RR sound absolutely gorgeous.

I'm impatiently awaiting the start of the games. To keep myself occupied until then I dug out some yarn that I've had forever and am making some preemie sized RRs with it for the local NICU. The first one only has 3 rounds left to go and I'm really liking the results. I'll take a picture in a bit when it's finished.

I'm impatient, too. I bought the yarn and worked the gauge out today. Now it's getting bad. I want to work on the sweater!!! I'm worried about getting in all the hockey I can stand and getting the sweater done. That's the point of the crochet games though...giving up some things, but hockey?!?!

Well, it looks like the snow is done here for a day or two before the next round hits. We have been lucky in comparison to the east coast though. I'm definitely not complaining after seeing the pictures.

Mary - love those colors! they're perfect for a RR...:cheer

I;m all set for the games!

Hi Judy ~ Thanks! I wasn't sure about the Ivory with the darker Painted Desert, but I like it so far. :hook

I've been messing around with squares for another Just Ducky. :lol Knowing there isn't a big rush (since the little guy won't need a cuddle ghan for a while), it seems to get put on the back burner while I start something else.

Preemie size round ripples will be adorable. :c9 Friday will be here before you know it! :manyheart

Ramble away! I'm sorry she's going through this right now. Hopefully it will all be for the best. I'm all ready for the games. I did my gauge for the adult BICO today. The yarn is gorgeous, too. :yes

I'm impatient, too. I bought the yarn and worked the gauge out today. Now it's getting bad. I want to work on the sweater!!! I'm worried about getting in all the hockey I can stand and getting the sweater done. That's the point of the crochet games though...giving up some things, but hockey?!?!

Well, it looks like the snow is done here for a day or two before the next round hits. We have been lucky in comparison to the east coast though. I'm definitely not complaining after seeing the pictures.

Thank you, Nicole. :) The BICO sweaters are one of my favorite patterns! Can't wait to see yours. :yes Be strong, take some deep breaths and missing some hockey games will be okay. ;):devil Here I go, sounding like a Mom again. :yes

DH will be home from Phoenix tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed the weather doesn't interfere...we're under snow/ice advisories from early tomorrow until Friday morning. :eek And, this is Texas - 3 inches of snow is a major blizzard for us. :lol

Time for bed before long. See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Hi,

Will try to post pictures of the yarn when it gets here. I have it ordered but we have only had mail delivery two days this week due to the huge amount of snow we have been getting. Thanks for the weldcome and I will get pictures posted asap.

Mary - I hope hubby gets home fast and safe:hug:hug

Weather Update:

We had about 2 feet of snow yesterday....lost power for a few hours last night...and a plow has just come down the street. 1st one in 24 hours! Sparkie had a hard time finding a spot to go this morning:lol

I've been messing around with squares for another Just Ducky. :lol Knowing there isn't a big rush (since the little guy won't need a cuddle ghan for a while), it seems to get put on the back burner while I start something else.

Thank you, Nicole. :) The BICO sweaters are one of my favorite patterns! Can't wait to see yours. :yes Be strong, take some deep breaths and missing some hockey games will be okay. ;):devil Here I go, sounding like a Mom again. :yes

DH will be home from Phoenix tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed the weather doesn't interfere...we're under snow/ice advisories from early tomorrow until Friday morning. :eek And, this is Texas - 3 inches of snow is a major blizzard for us. :lol

Time for bed before long. See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

:lol But moooooooom! :devil I'm sure I'll survive...all of the games won't be televised so I can get some crocheting in. :D How many afghans have you made for baby Luke so far? Have you made him some other things, too? Be safe in the weather and I hope DH can get home okay.

Hi,

Will try to post pictures of the yarn when it gets here. I have it ordered but we have only had mail delivery two days this week due to the huge amount of snow we have been getting. Thanks for the weldcome and I will get pictures posted asap.

:cheer We love pictures!

Mary - I hope hubby gets home fast and safe:hug:hug

Weather Update:

We had about 2 feet of snow yesterday....lost power for a few hours last night...and a plow has just come down the street. 1st one in 24 hours! Sparkie had a hard time finding a spot to go this morning:lol

I'm glad the power is back. Our snow fall has been nothing in comparison to the east coast. I hope it's done for awhile and you all can start to dig out. Poor Sparkie! It has to be rough on the doggies.

Good Morning, Ladies. :snow

Hi Sue! I hope you get your yarn soon. :yarn We love pictures of yarn, projects, pets...:D

Judy ~ 2 Feet! :eek I hope your power stays on and that you guys are safe. :manyheart

Well, I woke up to about 4 inches of snow and we're supposed to have much more before it ends late tonight. Gracie is like a little kid...running, sliding, eating snow and chasing birds. :lol I'm charging my camera battery now. DH is at the Phoenix airport and so far his flight hasn't been cancelled. The hard part will be getting home from DFW - we live about 45 minutes from the airport in good weather.

:lol But moooooooom! :devil I'm sure I'll survive...all of the games won't be televised so I can get some crocheting in. :D How many afghans have you made for baby Luke so far? Have you made him some other things, too? Be safe in the weather and I hope DH can get home okay.

Hi Nicole ~ I know you're all going to do great for the Games! (Even if it means a little less hockey. :D) I've made two afghans for the baby and have saved some of Cara's cuddle quilts for when he's a bit older. :crocheting

Time to get Gracie back in - if I can! :dog

My pups - esp Sparkie - love the snow...Sparkie runs (if he can) through it. With this one, though, they were back in the house before I got there:lol

Preemie size round ripples will be adorable. :c9 Friday will be here before you know it! :manyheart

Just Ducky is such a nice cuddle ghan. The time passes so quickly when they are little. He'll need one before you know it.

Weather Update:

Good heavens! Stay safe and warm, Judy.

Well, I woke up to about 4 inches of snow and we're supposed to have much more before it ends late tonight. Gracie is like a little kid...running, sliding, eating snow and chasing birds. :lol I'm charging my camera battery now. DH is at the Phoenix airport and so far his flight hasn't been cancelled. The hard part will be getting home from DFW - we live about 45 minutes from the airport in good weather.

Oh, my goodness. Stay safe and warm. Hope DH has no problems getting home from Phoenix and DFW. Go slow and allow lots of extra time and space between cars. Please don't send that mess to us here in Georgia. :manyheart

It's a bit warmer today than most of the last week. It never made it above 30 yesterday. Brrrrr! The temp was 40* earlier, but it has dropped to about 35 now. I have to take Kim to get a haircut and have her nails done this afternoon in preparation for the Caylor reunion this weekend. I'm even doing my nails, too.

My preemie RR got bogged down yesterday as this last skein of yarn is a tangled mess and is taking forever to sort out. Oh, well. I'll get there eventually.

Well, I got Kim in the car and then it wouldn't start. Rosie's John offered us the use of his car to run our errands with and put a battery charger on mine. By the time we got home the battery was all charged up and it started right up. We went to lunch at IHOP and got Kim's nails done and are back home for the rest of the day. John's going to get her haircut tomorrow on their way out of town to the reunion.

Linda ~ Sorry about the battery. :( It's so nice to have Rosie and John next door. :) How long will Kim and John be gone? You deserve some quiet time...and time for your Games project. :hook

It hasn't stopped snowing all day! We've had about 6 - 7 inches and it's beautiful. Gracie wants to go out every 30 minutes and play. :lol It's now up above her tummy, so she just leaps through it. DH got home safely, but said the roads were not fun.

Have a good evening. :manyheart

Linda, enjoy your time by yourself!!

Mary - I'm so glad your hubby got home okay. Gracie must have been beside hereself, seeing him again!

Good Morning! :)

Tam ~ Your ghan is wonderful! :clap Beautiful work! Are you making another one for the Games? :think I need to check that thread and see what everyone is making. :hook

We ended up with about a foot of snow. :eek This is an all time record for the area and we sure don't have snow plows coming down the street. :lol I haven't seen this much snow since growing up in Iowa. The good news is that it's supposed to get over 40* tomorrow, so it won't last long. :)

Tam...it's so pretty!!:clap

Mary, take care! I was just out in the yard knocking snow off our 8 foot tall burning bushes. They were bent in half and the upper parts of the branches were stuck under the snow on the ground!!

Archived