Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My daughter is having a baby and she what's me to make here the JUST DUCKY CUDDLE QUILT wish me luck. I will be getting the yarn on Mon. Her due date is May 31.

You can do it! If you have any questions, just ask and we'll do our best to help you out.

Julie, I worked really hard to make sure there is nothing harder than a bi-color square in the pattern. And I know that you can do those. And the windows are just the center round in one color and the outer round in a second color. Easy-Peasy!

So are you ready for a peak at the first pattern? It's the castle.

Are you sure, you're ready?

Here it is. Three shades of blue with white clouds. Two shades of gray, black, and light beige. three shades of green. And a red flag. Julie's Castle:

post-9295-135897506558_thumb.jpg

Judy - I love hearing about your dogs. Pets definitely have their own personalities. It's like I get to know them through your posts. :manyheart I really like dogs, but most of them bother my allergies. Cats never have for some reason. There must be something different in the dander between the species. I'm also allergic to guinea pigs. I have one for about a year. Her name was Sammy. I really loved that rodent, but couldn't play with her without breaking out into hives.

I knew the mom-to-be would love the graphghan. I enjoy making them, too. It's one of those things though that they always get pushed back for other projects for some reason. It's probably because they take longer than other projects.

Linda - I'm glad your temps are climbing. Ours have, too. We were supposed to get another 6 inches of snow, but the temps going up have just caused rain. At least some of the snow is starting to melt, but now we're worried about flooding. It has been a crazy winter for all of us!! I hope John's trip goes well. I can't believe how quickly he's up and moving around after surgery. Enjoy the Olympics! It's a day full of hockey for me. I couldn't be happier. :cheer

:cheer Congrats on the weight loss! :cheer

Mary - :hug Did you hear from DD about how the shower went? I know you're bummed about missing it.

Julie - My brother was too small for football, too. So, they made him a kicker! :lol I actually decided to do a flannelghan for the afghan. I didn't have much luck looking at fabric for curtains. They were all too busy. I'm not in a hurry though. For the flannelghan, I'm doing 7 strips by 7 blocks in SC instead of DC. I will definitely post pictures. :yes

Linda & Julie - I'm all intrigued about the new quiltghan patterns, too! :D Oh, I see now that you posted one! Very nice. :yes Well worth the build up!

Sue - I hope this week improves for you! :hug

Rashidah - Good luck on the Just Ducky Quiltghan. There are a lot of experience people here (I am not one of them) that can help with any problems. We would love to hear of your progress and see pics. Welcome aboard!

Not much going on with me. I've been working on my BICO for the games and trying to get some swap stuff done. Enjoy what's left of the weekend everyone.

Linda

You are my hero !!! My gosh, I thought you said NEXT MONTH !!!!

Wow, this month went fast !

That is really cute !!!

I love it ,I really do .......

Looks like you have ENTICED me back into QuiltGhanLand ....

(AND to the store for yarn tomorrow !!! )

Thank you ever so much .

Jules...I forgot: about Cam and football...

We didn't let our son play till he was 13 (8th grade) and he did great!! Plyed all through High School, too, and was on championship teams as one of their captains. He kept bugging us about it, too, but we stuck it out. We felt he was built too slight for it when he was younger.

Jude

Yea,that may be the best move,waiting til Cam is a little older. Maybe he'll fill out. He's just really tall and skinny. He'd make a great basketball player, but doesnt have much interest in it so far. Maybe he'll BULK UP if I feed him enough biscuits and gravy .

**** And I'd LOVE to have the honor of your company in here ******

Thanks for offering !

Jude

Yea,that may be the best move,waiting til Cam is a little older. Maybe he'll fill out. He's just really tall and skinny. He'd make a great basketball player, but doesnt have much interest in it so far. Maybe he'll BULK UP if I feed him enough biscuits and gravy .

**** And I'd LOVE to have the honor of your company in here ******

Thanks for offering !

I have pretty colors set aside...honedew, yellow, a variegated and white:hook

You're helping me get my WIM and UFOs done!

Off to feed the pups!

Hi Ladies. :) It's fun to see it so busy here today!

Rashidah ~ Welcome! The Just Ducky is one of my favorite patterns...I hope you enjoy making it. :hook

Sue ~ Keeping our fingers crossed that this week is a better one. :hug

Julie ~ Sounds like a quilt ghan is in your future. :D I need to get back to Just Ducky #3. :blush

Linda ~ Congratulations on earning more squares. :clap You're doing great! Julie's Castle pattern is wonderful. :yes

Judy ~ Your "Lauren" story is so special. :manyheart I agree with Julie - your ATW colors are perfect together.

Hi Nicole ~ Can't wait to see your BICO!

Yep, missing the shower was hard - but it's been fun hearing all the details and people are emailing pictures. It's hard to believe that DD is into week 34 already!

Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Hi there Miss Mary Extraordinary !!!

How are you feeling ? Are you whooping that sickness yet, or does it still have a hold on you ?

Did your girl get lots of neat presents at the shower ?

What kind of CAKE did they have ( that's always my favorite part of the party -- the CAKE . )

Hi Julie! Yes, DD got lots of goodies. :) When I'm sure this cold is gone, I'll go over to their house and see everything. Cake is my downfall, too. :lol We have a bakery called "Cupcake Cottage" that has the best cakes and cupcakes in all sizes and they are so good.

I forgot to mention earlier that we are supposed to have snow again on Tuesday! :eek We've had more snow this winter than ever before...I know lots of you guys are used to it, but most winters we don't have any.

DH is cooking dinner, so I'd better set the table. See you all tomorrow. :yes

Jude

those are perfect colors for springtime -- they should be cheery and brighten things up !

Will this one be a babyghan or a larger-sized ?

Will wait til later -- I know you're off for now, and so am I -- will check back in after bit .

I origianlly bought the colors to make a baby ghan - might still be one, but if it turns out that way I'll hold on to it in case I need a gift. But if I like how it's going I'll make it bigger.:hook

Mary

I'll tell you what, I want to move to your town. It sounds like you live in a magical land,with a Cupcake Cottage and a husband who cooks.

My gosh, now that is my dream come true .

YUM . CAKE .

I'm going to the bakeshop today .

Jude- well, we shall just see how that ATW comes out ,but I can already see those colors together and they sure sound beautiful for spring . It's always good to see those things this late in the winter ...

She have no idea. I hope she have a boy.

Rashidah-

That will be a really cute baby quilt ! Good luck,and keep dropping in to show us your updates .

Is she having a boy or girl or do you know yet ?

Rashidah

Do you have any other grandbabies yet ? I have 7 , 4 boys and 3 girls. They are all blessings . I only have one that lives close though . Most of mine are bigger now, but the littlest one is about 1 1/2 . I havent gotten to see him yet because they live 5000 miles away .

I just love babies !!!

To tell you how excited I am about Cam's new afghan, it is now 8 AM, I just got home from yarn shopping with all my yarn for his afghan sitting here in bags beside me.

Sam took the pattern to work today to get it printed off for me in their color-print lab so it'll show up better. Our color printer kicked the bucket awhile back, but they have the big fancy ones at work, so i'll have a good copy to work from .

Thanks again for doing this for Cam ... you don't know how much I appreciate it. :hug

I'd rather have something done for Cam ANY day of the week than for me a million times .

I'll make sure he knows who made up the pattern for him .

Would you mind pm-ing me your address ? He'd probably have fun sending you a thank you card .:D

Jules, yup - the colors are very Springy:D I'm not usually drawn to such light colors...but I think I've been affected by the long winter, too:P

I lay awake last night thinking about which way to start it. I'm leaning toward making a block at a time. Last one I did I worked from the center out, and that was okay - but got confusing at times (right side...upsdied down, etc).

Archived