Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Well, my yarn came in today so I'm ready to start my Technicolor Hearts afghan as soon as I'm finished with some baby things I need to get finishe asap. I finished my one baby afghan today and will post pictures if I can get things to load up okay and the light cooperates so I can get a good picture. Can't wait to get started on an afghan for me!

By the way, I love your hubbies valentines day afghan!

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to make one too. I'm thinking of using what I have which is a 3ply skipper blue RH yarn with a ww off white. It's for a baby boy. I'm hopeing it'll still work out with the two different ply yarns. What do you think?:)

Mary....... Thank you!!! yep.. .I'm making a Baby Flannel'ghan for the Games!

Judy..... Thanks hon!!! :hug

:heart

:mug

I'd like to make one too. I'm thinking of using what I have which is a 3ply skipper blue RH yarn with a ww off white. It's for a baby boy. I'm hopeing it'll still work out with the two different ply yarns. What do you think?:)

For the hearts ghan??

If so, from experience, change your hook sizes with the different yarns so the squares are the same size. It should be okay.

Hi, thought I'd let you see what I've been working on all week. Just finished it in time to start my new Technicolor Hearts since yarn came in yesterday.

This one was done in Herschnerr's Ultra Fleece with an alternate fpdc and bpdc with a single crochet border.

post-36031-13589750454_thumb.jpg

Hi, thought I'd let you see what I've been working on all week. Just finished it in time to start my new Technicolor Hearts since yarn came in yesterday.

This one was done in Herschnerr's Ultra Fleece with an alternate fpdc and bpdc with a single crochet border.

That is very pretty Sue....i love the colors and the way it looks like its blending from one to the next.

:valday I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I've spent most of two days rearranging and cleaning...don't know what got into me. :lol

For those of you participating in the Games - :cheer:clap:cheer

Sue, your afghan is wonderful! Beautiful work and the colors are great together. :hook

I think Linda may have gone out of town with Kim and John. :think We miss you, Linda! :manyheart

The snow is almost gone, but it sure was pretty. Here is what it looked like Friday morning. The picture of Gracie was Thursday, before we had another 8 or 9 inches.

post-10699-1358975046_thumb.jpg

post-10699-135897504605_thumb.jpg

Mary, Gracie looks like the queen of her domain!:)

Here's some of my snow pics from the 10th

The small bushes by our patio...are really 8 feet tall bushes, bent over by the weight of the snow. I was able to free them!

post-8552-135897504608_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897504612_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897504615_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897504618_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897504621_thumb.jpg

I DID IT............... :yay

I finished hubby's Valentine Flannel'ghan ........

[ATTACH]16443[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

Tammy, that is gorgeous! WOW!

I think it will work fine as long as you work the squares so they come out the same size. I've done it before with yarns of different brands that were the same weight and had no problems.

Very, very pretty!

:valday I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I've spent most of two days rearranging and cleaning...don't know what got into me. :lol

For those of you participating in the Games - :cheer:clap:cheer

Sue, your afghan is wonderful! Beautiful work and the colors are great together. :hook

I think Linda may have gone out of town with Kim and John. :think We miss you, Linda! :manyheart

The snow is almost gone, but it sure was pretty. Here is what it looked like Friday morning. The picture of Gracie was Thursday, before we had another 8 or 9 inches.

Hi, everyone. Plans did indeed change and I went with John and Kim to the reunion. We got home about 45 minutes ago (one day early.) We beat the snow for the most part. We drove through light flurries Friday on the way there, but it didn't get significant there until after we arrived and had the car unloaded. :flake We all watched the Olympic opening ceremonies on TV that night. They ended up with about 3" where we were and 5" to 6" here at home.:snow Saturday the Park's power went out at about 9:15 am. :sman The youngsters had a ball playing in the snow and even made a couple of snowmen. When the power still wasn't on at 4:00 pm we opted to leave. I'd been cold since about noon. :wbrr John's parents also left. We went to North Augusta, SC and spent the night with John's step-daughter, Theresa. It was really nice there. We all had supper at the Outback Steakhouse with John's son, Michael and his family, and Theresa and her family. This morning we again packed up the car and had brunch with Michael and his family and then went to see Michael's business. Michael and Theresa and their families then took John's parents back to the State Park and we came on home. Sounds like it's a good thing we came home today as they are calling for rain mixed with and/or changing to sleet and snow tomorrow. The State Park where everyone was staying didn't get their power back until a bit after 8:00 pm. We'll be getting a refund from the Park for the nights we didn't stay because there was no power, heat, etc. :wbrr

I worked on my project for the Crochet Games yesterday and have 1 and 1/2 strips done so far. :hook

I've missed you all, but the was no way to hook up with you while we were gone.

Linda, I'm glad you all made it home okay!

I'm at 1 1/2 strips, too (baby FG) because I've been working on a baby gift....going back to the FG for a bit now...

Mary, Gracie looks like the queen of her domain!:)

Here's some of my snow pics from the 10th

The small bushes by our patio...are really 8 feet tall bushes, bent over by the weight of the snow. I was able to free them!

Wonderful pictures, Judy. I must say that I'm glad that you have it and not me. :lol

Wonderful pictures, Judy. I must say that I'm glad that you have it and not me. :lol

I'm also glad I have big dogs! Neigbors with little ones had to resort to wee-wee pads:lol:lol:lol:lol

Julie ~ I'm so sorry you've been sick. :hug I hope you're all better very soon. :manyheart

Judy ~ The pictures are great! Hopefully, we're through with snow for the winter. :yes

Linda ~ What an adventure you've had! Glad you're home safely. :) Great progress on your Games WIP. :clap

We're finally seeing the sun...it's really windy and cold, though. I'm going to crochet this afternoon. :hook

Mary, I hope we're done, too! It's going to be a quagmire when it melts! My boots have died, with leacks in both boots, so I borrowed hubby's LL Bean "duck boots". With some thick socks they'll work...till next winter when I can get good snow boots!

I'm also glad I have big dogs! Neigbors with little ones had to resort to wee-wee pads:lol:lol:lol:lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Julie, I hope everything is okay now. Take care of yourself. :hug

I spent the afternoon watching the Olympics and crocheting on my Games flannelghan. Then John and Rosie took me out to supper for a slightly belated birthday present. We went to Longhorn Steakhouse and had a super meal. Yummm! :D I even have enough left over for another meal tomorrow. :D

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I love the pictures of the snow, it looks like you are in our backyard only I'm not sure but what we have even more of that white stuff covering the ground. We have a total of about 28 inches so far and are expecting another 4 to 8 overnight.

I've started another baby afghan, this one for a little boy, and hope to have it done by this Sun. I have 7 of 35 squares done so far and I just started it this afternoon. I haven't gotten around to starting my Technicolor Heart afghan yet but hope to do so tomorrow.

I have a question for you. What kind of yarn do you use for a flannelghan? Is this a special pattern or yarn. I really love the one that was pictured a couple of days ago and would like to see about making one myself. Is this a heavy type or a lightweight type afghan? Well enough questions for now. Have fun crocheting this week everyone!

Hi Sue

I guess I'll go ahead and answer your flannelghan question . It looks like I might have been the first one to see it this morning this early .

There is a thread in this same area on the boards (CAL's) ,titled Flannelghan Aghan .

If you go to post one, it gives the pattern ( done by RoseRed ,who is a member in here ) . It will give you yarn amounts, hook size, etc .

I am making one now, and using a P hook, but I think the pattern calls for an N ..I am just guessing, I don't have it laying in front of me at the moment . The yarn is just regular WW yarn, but some people are making babyghans from the pattern, so I'm not sure on yarn type or hook size they are using .

If you go into the Greek Games area of the boards, which is next area down from this one, there is actually a group of us doing flannelghans together, and some of them are making baby ones. I know Judy is and I *think * Linda is . Forgive me if I'm wrong on that - I know Linda is making one, but can't recall if it 's a baby one or regular one .

Anyhow, I hope this helps you out ,

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Sue ~ Good for you for getting so much done! Looking forward to seeing your next baby ghan. :hook I think the flannelghan is a wonderful pattern...it's on my to do list. :yes

Julie ~ I hope you're feeling better today and are getting lots of rest. :manyheart

Linda ~ We missed your birthday! :blush What day is it? I tried to ignore mine this year, but people kept reminding me it was number 60. :lol So glad you had a good dinner with Rosie and John. :)

Hi Judy!

Gracie, Zoe and I have been up since 4...the sniffles are now a real cold. :( DH had an early flight, so it's been a busy morning already. Have a good day, everyone. :hug

Hi, Mary, Linda, Jules and everyone!:hug

My baby flannelghan is being made with RH SS (4 ply). I'm using a P hook so it doesn't come out too dense. Surrpisingly, it doesn't feel as heavy as you might think it would be with 2 strands of yarn. I'll be making another one, too, for the Games, but I'm thinking of using Sport weight yarn for that one - not sure yet.

Archived