Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda

Thanks so much,Cam will really love anything with castles ,bad guys,swords....anything like that,so just go hog wild with your imagination . ( Just make it easy enough for me to make it .. I'm not as good at it as you guys are ! ) :lol

Jude- thanks, yes, Cam is pretty feisty and full of vinegar when he wants to be. He's a sweetheart, but he has such a funny sense of humor .Sometimes he talks like an old man,and uses old man phrases .. Guess he learns his "old " talk from me ....

Anyhow, he is what keeps me going ,and he can make me laugh,no matter what .

Thanks to both of you guys for the kind comments and for understanding how special he is to me .

Good Morning all…………

Linda…. I love your quilt’ghan!! And your flannel’ghan is coming out so neat!!!

Shay…. That is a beautiful ripple ‘ghan!!!

Judy……….those afghans are AWESOME! Wow… you did a great job!

Julie: Cam is adorable!!! J

Well… I finally got the green fleck yarn I needed to be able to work on my quilt’ghan. :yay So after the “Games” I’ll be able to get back to work on my son’s PandaQuilt’ghan.

:heart

:mug

team flannel’ghan

team original design

Julie - I'm sure you can handle another compliment about Cam, right? :) He's so cute. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Mary - I hope you're starting to feel better. :hug

Tam - :cheer I'm glad you got the yarn.

Judy - Let me know the parents' reactions to the fireghan, okay? It looks great and I know they'll treasure it for years. :yes

Linda - Howdy! :hi

Hi to anyone I might have accidentally missed!

I'm exhausted! It was a long week at work even though it was a four day week (we get Presidents' Day off). My new furniture arrives tomorrow so I've been rearranging the living room. I'm getting a new couch and adding a love seat. Right now I have a couch and wing-back chair. The cats are really going to miss that chair. It's Cooper's favorite spot. They are just old and worn out. I bought them used ten years ago when I first moved out on my own. So, it's definitely time for new stuff and the upgrade. Both pieces have two recliners. It's going to be fantastic to kick back in the recliner to crochet. I hope it looks the way I see it in my head. They are a different color than what I have currently so I'll be replacing the curtains eventually, too. I can't change it all at once because it would cost a fortune.

Of course, I'll also have to crochet a new afghan to go with them. I'd also like to do a few throw pillows. Well, I have to be up at 7:00 in the morning so the old furniture can be removed. Have a great weekend if I don't get back on here to check in with you all. :hug

Hi Nicole

Cripe, I could start a whole message board about Cam and listen to compliments about him all day,so nope, doesnt bother me a bit, although everyone else would probably get tired of it after awhile .

New furniture ! Sounds great. I always like getting something new in the spring,even if it's only a table cloth,placemats, candle .. curtains ... just something new to change a room and have something new to look at .

The most fun part for you will be choosing the yarn and afghan to make for it now. Got any color or pattern ideas yet ?

Nicole, enjoy your new furniture

Just a reminder (Not that you need one) cats often like to go underneath recliners...check to make sure no one is there! My 105 pound Sparkie likes to lay with his head under the foot rest (a decapitation wish?) and somehow his toys end up under there too:lol

Good Morning, Ladies. :) I'm going to try and catch up today!

Judy ~ Your fire truck graph ghan is amazing! And your baby flannelghan is adorable. :c9 Beautiful work, as always. :clap

Tam ~ Yay for getting the rest of the yarn! :yarn

Julie ~ Cam is a cutie! Does he play other sports, too?

Nicole ~ have fun arranging your new furniture! We have a navy leather chair and ottoman that is sooo old...DH refuses to give it up. :lol

It's only been 4 or 5 days, but it seems like I've had this cold a month. DH took me to the Dr. yesterday just to make sure it wasn't something worse. Nope, he said it's just a really bad cold and cough. The worst part is missing DD's shower this afternoon. :(

Julie - The couches are a light blue color. I think light blue and cream would look really good with it. There are some small flakes of cream in the couch, too. I'm a "solid color" kind of gal when it comes to curtains. So, that won't be too hard to figure out. For the afghan, I either want to do solid blocks like the Jackson afghan from Lion Brand or a ripple. I'm going to pet yarn today to decide. I love petting yarn!

Judy - I definitely appreciate the reminder about the cats. They are climbing all over and underneath them right now since they are new. Jackson was under my seat when I sat down today and I felt him pawing at the top of it. I'm a little worried about hurting them so I'm being extra careful. That's funny about Sparkie. I often think the cats have decapitation wishes because they stick their heads in all of the doors!

Mary - Oh no! I'm so sorry you're missing the shower. :hug That really stinks. I was hoping you would post that you're feeling a lot better. :(

Oh, Mary - I'm so sorry you're missing the shower:hug:hug:hug:hug

Nicole...cats and dogs DO have to explore every new thing that comes in the house, don't they?:lol

..and Sparkie has had his nose caught in a door now and then - esp the front door when he didn't want us to leave the house!

Hi, everyone. The temps are supposed to be in the upper 50s today. Yeah! John flew to Texas this morning. He'll be seeing their son and his grandkids this weekend, attending a wake and funeral for a close friend, and seeing clients on Monday. He'll be back home late Tuesday. Kim and I are going to hang out together and watch the Olympics.

Mary, I hope you get to feeling better very soon. :hug It's too bad that you will miss DD's shower, but better not to chance giving it to her. :hug There are some really nasty bugs going around now.

Nicole, what fun to have new furniture. My cats have always loved getting under the seats of recliners. I would sit down in one and rock back and then feel these paws against my butt or a meow of protest. Weird! I also had a miniature dachshund that would occasionally to that. Even weirder!

Julie, I've also looked up pictures of pirate ships and pirates. You might get a choice of projects, depending on which ones actually get converted to quiltghan patterns.

Hope you all have a great day! :manyheart

Thanks for all the hugs! :manyheart DH is taking gifts by the hostess' house and there will be lots of pictures...and I'm almost through feeling sorry for myself. ;) I even thought about staying on the patio and watching through the windows. :lol

Linda ~ I hope you and Kim have a good weekend and that you get lots of crochet time. :yes

Nicole ~ Your furniture sounds lovely. Enjoy!

Mary- wow, it's good to see you back . I was just thinking of you this morning and wondering how you were . I hope maybe someone would have been able to film the shower for you so maybe you could watch a video of it at least. Too bad you had to miss it , but it's maybe best so your girl or the baby wouldnt have a chance on getting sick .

And Cam loves swimming , sorta likes baseball,but he said he might try soccer this year , he's in boy scouts ,his mom won't let him play football because she doesnt want him to get hurt ( I agree, he's not really got the build for football,he's pretty spindly right now ) .

Nicole- your furniture and new afghan you plan on sound very pretty ! You'll have to take a photo when you get it complete so we see how well it matches and looks .

Howdy out there, my old pal, Jude !!!!

Linda- you are going to make this really tempting, I can tell already !! Sounds really neat .

Hi, it has been a long week of not feeling well, not sick but not well either, I hate these weeks and end up having them too often. Anyway, nothing even started on Tech. Hearts. and very little progress on the baby items I'm making. Hopefully next week will be better.

Sue

I'm very sorry you had a bad week. I hope next week will be a better one . I think a lot of us have had kind-of a rough one this week, so maybe it was an off week for lots of people .

Hopefully spring will come soon, blue skies and sunshine always makes things look a little better to me anyways .

Hi, it has been a long week of not feeling well, not sick but not well either, I hate these weeks and end up having them too often. Anyway, nothing even started on Tech. Hearts. and very little progress on the baby items I'm making. Hopefully next week will be better.

Hope you get to feeling better very soon, Sue.

Linda- you are going to make this really tempting, I can tell already !! Sounds really neat .

Of, course, I'm going to make it tempting. :yes Isn't that the whole point?!!? I've actually started doing some charting on a castle. Not sure how it's going to turn out yet, but it's got definite possibilities.

Feel better, Sue:hug

Jules...the mom to be LOVED and squealed when she saw the fire truck ghan! She knits, so appreciates the work involved, and doesn't do things like graphs. Neither does her mother, who crochets and knits a little.

I really do think there has to be something strange about me...I really love making graph ghans:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Jude

I'm not kidding ,that afghan is one of the absolute best you have ever made, and you have made some doozies !!!

That baby will have that when he is an old man ,to pass on to his kids or grandkids ,so you have certainly left a lasting heirloom for him .

Linda- you are really getting me excited to see these afghan ideas ! I know they will be so cute .

Thanks, Jules...I'm leaving nice memories everywhere:)

An aside about another project I made:

I used to babysit a girl (used to live in the same house where I left the firetruck ghan, coincidently - before she moved to a bigger house...around the corner). ANyway her mom trusted me to watch Lauren for years (Lauren has a medical issue that is under control, but could become an issue should she get sick or injured)...anyway, when she became 7 or so she became a Yankee fan...and of Derek Jeter in particular...

So, I made her an long afghan for her bed to match her room and embroidered the Yankee logo and Jeter's number on it.

She loves it so much, that when they were reading a story in school (she's 11 now) and the teacher asked if anyone knew what a crocheted blanket looked like...she was the only one to raise her hand...and she proudly brought it in to show everyone.

Made me feel like a million dollars!

Wow, Jude !

That is so cool. I KNOW the things you have made throughout the years are so special and personalized for people that they will keep them forever , so you have certainly touched a lot of people ,and yet more to come .

You definitely have found your talent ( one of many, I'm sure ) ,but never give this up ,because you don't know what a difference it makes in someone's life .

Jules...the mom to be LOVED and squealed when she saw the fire truck ghan! She knits, so appreciates the work involved, and doesn't do things like graphs. Neither does her mother, who crochets and knits a little.

I really do think there has to be something strange about me...I really love making graph ghans:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

That is so special, Judy. Your graph ghans are lovely. :hug

Linda- you are really getting me excited to see these afghan ideas ! I know they will be so cute .

Julie, I learned a lot with the dragon pattern, so I'm really doing my best to make this a doable pattern for anyone to make. And I'm having fun at it. I'm getting better and better at these things and feeling less like it has to match the original pattern exactly to be okay.

An aside about another project I made:

I used to babysit a girl (used to live in the same house where I left the firetruck ghan, coincidently - before she moved to a bigger house...around the corner). ANyway her mom trusted me to watch Lauren for years (Lauren has a medical issue that is under control, but could become an issue should she get sick or injured)...anyway, when she became 7 or so she became a Yankee fan...and of Derek Jeter in particular...

So, I made her an long afghan for her bed to match her room and embroidered the Yankee logo and Jeter's number on it.

She loves it so much, that when they were reading a story in school (she's 11 now) and the teacher asked if anyone knew what a crocheted blanket looked like...she was the only one to raise her hand...and she proudly brought it in to show everyone.

Made me feel like a million dollars!

Oh, WOW!!! That is terrific!

I lost weight this week, so one way and another I've earned about 3 1/2 blocks worth of squares for the dragon ghan. Whee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With the Olympics going on I may not get it all caught up this week, but I'll sure have fun when I get back to it. That will get me almost all the way across the top two rows of the pattern. :yay :yay :yay

The weather is gorgeous again today. It won't take very many days of weather like this to have the trees budding and the flowers popping up.:flower

Thanks Linda

I know your pattern will be really neat, I just don't have the talent with all them fancy doodad multi-colored squares,so I am worried about that, but I know the pattern will be wonderful . You really should try selling your designs .

Also congrats on the weight loss !

And thanks for the thoughts of spring .. I can't WAIT !

Archived