Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Good morning, everyone. It's busy in here today.

Sue I'm making the flannelghan using Red Heart TLC and a P hook and making it about 50% bigger than the pattern calls for. (7 strips by 7 sections high) I needed the P hook to get the gauge right. And I'm joining my strips as I go instead of sewing them together. You only need two colors of worsted weight yarn to make one if you do it as directed. I'm using three and one of those is a variegated yarn. In case you haven't figured it out by now, I have a tendency to ad lib on patterns. Sometimes by a lot! :lol :lol :lol

Mary, I'm a Valentine's day birthday gal. I hated it as a kid, as I'd always get multiple copies of the only Valentine's day birthday card and everyone else was celebrating Valentine's day and my birthday tended to get lost in the holiday. Now I don't mind so much. And it was number 60 for me, which is fine.

It's in the 20's again here this morning. :wbrr At least, it's sunny and not very breezy. We don't have to get out in it, so it's not too bad. We missed out on the snow yesterday. Yeah! It's only supposed to get into the 30's today. :ohdear Yuck! :yuck Our normal temps are in the upper 50's this time of year. I wish we were there now.

I'm having a good time watching the Olympics.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Linda

So how is your flannelghan looking to you ? I know you had some questions in the beginning about your colors. are you happy with the way they are coming together ?

And sorry I couldnt remember at first about which one you were making, but now I do ..

Thanks for the information on the flannelghans, I went and got the pattern and it looks like one I might make in the future, the good Lord know I have enough yarn to make a dozen or more. LOL. However, right now I have to get busy and crochet to get my WTD total down some so off to the baby afghan and outfits.

Linda - Happy Belated Birthday! I'm sorry I missed it. I hope it was fabulous. How are the crochet games going for you?

Sue - Hi! I hope you're doing well. It sounds like you're making great progress on the babyghan. How many squares do you have now?

Mary - Oh no! I hope the cold goes away very quickly. :yes

Judy - The baby flannelghan sounds great! What colors are you using?

Julie - Good morning! :hi

I've been busy with the games this weekend and watching the Olympics. I'm going to go through withdrawl while at work today. :sigh

I wonder how Dusti and her family is enjoying Hawaii? Have a great day everyone! I'll chat with you soon.

Hi Nicole -- it sounds like you are in a chipper mood today ! What afghan are you working on currently ? Or what project in the games area ?

I'm a little out of the loop lately and not keeping on track with what everyone is working on .

I really wanted to start another one in here at some point, but keep getting myself into other projects too .

I am working on my 3rd panel for my flannelghan, then need to get back to my knitted squares .

Julie - I'm really tired today. I tend to be more "chipper" when I'm tired....I have to force myself to be nice. :devil I have too many WIP's to list! :lol I'm making an Adult BICO for the games. I'm a little over half way done with the back right now. I didn't work on it at all yesterday because I had to get a few gifts done. I want to do a quiltghan, but life keeps getting in the way! You know how that gets, right?

I can't wait to see all of the flannelghan's you all make. :yes

Thank you so much everyone for the compliments on hubby’s Valentine Flannel’ghan!

Sue: That baby afghan is beautiful!! Love the colors!!!

Mary & Judy……… those are awesome pictures!!!!

Julie: OMy… I missed this. Hon... are you okay?

Sue: I used Red Heart SuperSaver for hubby’s Valentine Flannel’ghan… and am now using Lion Brand Pound of Love for the Baby Flannel’ghan I’m making. So really I think any yarn will work.

:heart

:mug

team original design

team flannel’ghan

Hi, all. I have just two more blocks to do on the third panel of my flannelghan. I'm using red plum, dark thyme, and a variegated called fall &/or falling leaves. The dark thyme is going to be the limiting factor on how big it gets, closely followed by the red plum. Hence the border will be in the fall colors. Looks like it will be about 70" square plus however much border I add to that.

Hope you are feeling better, Nicole and Julie.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone.

Well, my pick FG is done...going to change how I do FG #2, though...

I'm worried about my 11 1/2 yo GSD, Susie...she's in pain from swollen joints...I upped her pain meds and the prednisone she's always on has been increased...2 days later and the swelling is down somewhat, but she's still not acting like herself.

Maybe the pain meds have her too dopey...could be.:think

ANyway....at her age and with her health issues I know it's only a matter of time...but it's never easy. She's our 6th (of 7 ) dogs...and they break your heart every time.:(

Sorry to dump...but I've been holding this in for days now.

CU all later.

I'm worried about my 11 1/2 yo GSD, Susie...she's in pain from swollen joints...I upped her pain meds and the prednisone she's always on has been increased...2 days later and the swelling is down somewhat, but she's still not acting like herself.

ANyway....at her age and with her health issues I know it's only a matter of time...but it's never easy. She's our 6th (of 7 ) dogs...and they break your heart every time.:(

CU all later.

We're here, Judy. :hug Please let us know how Susie is doing...she has a wonderful Mom and knows you're taking good care of her. :hug

Nicole

You are different than me, then. I tend to be more like DOG the BOUNTY HUNTER when I'm tired. Big and crabby .

Is your sweater for you or someone else ?

:lol I would be that way if I didn't force myself. I really have to work to be nice when I'm tired. I'm in customer service so, unfortunately, I have to be nice. :sigh:lol

Hi, all. I have just two more blocks to do on the third panel of my flannelghan. I'm using red plum, dark thyme, and a variegated called fall &/or falling leaves. The dark thyme is going to be the limiting factor on how big it gets, closely followed by the red plum. Hence the border will be in the fall colors. Looks like it will be about 70" square plus however much border I add to that.

Hope you are feeling better, Nicole and Julie.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone.

Go, Linda, go! :cheer

CU all later.

Don't worry about dumping...we're here for you! :hug

Good morning, everyone! I didn't get much work done on my BICO last night. I had a terrible headache (I'm pretty sure it was just sinus) and light was bothering me. So, I went to bed early. I have to get my rear in gear (:lol) or I'm never going to get done! Chat with you all later!

Mornin’ all……………

:hi Nicole J Hope you feel better soon hon!

Wow Linda…….. cant wait to see your afghan!

Aww… .Judy…….:hug…….. you come and dump anytime you want! I am so sorry to hear of your sweet baby Susie!

I’m movin’ along best I can gettin’ my “Game” items done!

I have two strips done on the baby flannel’ghan

And the front pieces of my sweater done. :whew

:heart

:mug

team original design

team flannel’ghan

CU all later.

Oh, Judy. :hug :hug :hug It does hurt when they are hurting and getting elderly. Hopefully the change in meds will help. At least for a while. We're here and we care. :hug :hug :hug

I went to bed early last night, too. I was cold and tired and couldn't stay awake even to watch the men's figure skating, which I love. I'm better this morning. Being cold all the time wears me out. I think I'll take some pictures today so everyone can see where I'm at with my current projects. I haven't showed off in a while. :D

Hi, everyone. The sun is going down on another cold day. Temps have been running 20* to 30* below normal for at least a month now, maybe 2. Grouse, grouse.

On the other hand here are pictures of my most recent projects. This is my dragon 'ghan as of last Friday. I have a few more squares crocheted but not put together yet, too. You are seeing the tip of the left wing, the very top of the dragon's head, and the start of the right wing. And, of course, lots of sky.

post-9295-135897505747_thumb.jpg

Then I'm making a flannelghan for the Olympics, too. Here are pictures of it after lightening them so that you can actually see what the colors are. I just started on strip 4 of 7 strips. I'm joining as I go and liking the effect. I'll be doing a border in the fall colors after the strips are all done.

post-9295-135897505754_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897505757_thumb.jpg

Judy - I just want to give you a big hug. So :hug :hug!

Linda - Your projects look great! Thanks for sharing. I love seeing everyone's projects.

I am watching the Olympics. I love all of the events. I can't for the life of my understand why Curling is so addicting though. I'm hooked and I don't know why! :lol

Well, I'm off to work on the BICO some more. I've gotten behind my goal due to various issues.

Archived