Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Nicole...thanks so much for the hugs. You're sweet:yes

Linda, great progress on everything! I think I'm more anxious than you to see the dragon ghan finished!

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda...its looking really good and i like your colors!!

I haven't been on much the last few days due to the kind of headache that can get worse when looking at computer screen....i have gotten alot done though...i was shocked at how fast its going,i figure about 30 more rows.

Dada!!

post-3370-135897505832_thumb.jpg

Morning all, a day late. I somehow totally forgot to stop in here yesterday. What a dingbat .

Anyhow, I'll just say hello to all since I missed several posts yesterday .

Jude- so sorry about your doggie. That must be really hard. I'm sure those of you that have pets know more what it's like. We don't have any, not even a goldfish .

Sometimes I think about getting a dog or cat, but one of the reasons why I don't is probably just what you are dealing with now, Jude . It'd break my heart . I wish pets lasted as long as people, then you might not ever have to go through this .

I always wonder about pets whose owners die ... we have a lady in town who was so sweet,and not real old .She lost her husband a few years ago and got her a doggie to keep her company, then she died a couple years later .

I have seen another lady here in town ( must have been one of her friends, but I'm not sure ),who walks her dog daily . I wonder what dogs go through when their owners leave them first ? Any of you ever experience something like that ?

I hate to sound stupid- but I'm not that educated when it comes to having pets .

Linda-

I like the photos you show of pieces of your quilt-ghans,especially when I don't see the original design, because it's kinda like watching a jigsaw puzzle come together . I only see a piece of it at one time ,so have to guess what the finished picture will be . I like the blues, very pretty .

And is this an original design , or did you find it someplace ,and who is it for ?

Sorry, I'm really behind in here .

Shay - love the colors in your ripple--- what brand yarn and colors did you use ? Very soothing -looking .

I always wonder about pets whose owners die ... we have a lady in town who was so sweet,and not real old .She lost her husband a few years ago and got her a doggie to keep her company, then she died a couple years later.

I have seen another lady here in town ( must have been one of her friends, but I'm not sure ),who walks her dog daily . I wonder what dogs go through when their owners leave them first ? Any of you ever experience something like that ?

I actually had a friend who was very ill and I offered to adopt her cat when she passed. Since the cat was fairly old we half expected her to mourn her owner's death and then pass away shortly after. She surprised us though by making it another couple of years before taking the trip across the rainbow bridge.

I feel sorry for those pets who don't have someone already in place to adopt them. I suspect that many of them end up going to the local humane society.

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Linda ~ Both afghans are looking great! Thanks for the pictures. :yes

Shay ~ Your ripple is so pretty...you are so speedy! :clap

Sorry this is short, but this cold is the worst one I've ever had and my eyes won't even focus enough to crochet. :( I'm guzzling water and juices and doing all the right things...DD's first baby shower is Saturday and of course I won't go if this isn't a lot better. :cry

Linda...its looking really good and i like your colors!!

I haven't been on much the last few days due to the kind of headache that can get worse when looking at computer screen....i have gotten alot done though...i was shocked at how fast its going,i figure about 30 more rows.

Dada!!

Thanks, Shaylen. I love your afghan! It's gorgeous! Hope the headache is better very soon. :hug

Jude- so sorry about your doggie. That must be really hard. I'm sure those of you that have pets know more what it's like. We don't have any, not even a goldfish .

Sometimes I think about getting a dog or cat, but one of the reasons why I don't is probably just what you are dealing with now, Jude . It'd break my heart . I wish pets lasted as long as people, then you might not ever have to go through this .

I always wonder about pets whose owners die ... we have a lady in town who was so sweet,and not real old .She lost her husband a few years ago and got her a doggie to keep her company, then she died a couple years later .

I hate to sound stupid- but I'm not that educated when it comes to having pets .

Hi, Julie! When my partner died, her cat was to go to my daughter, Joy. I think that she knew who was getting her, because she was very quiet during the week before Joy picked her up and she thrived at Joy's place. Mary's dog just shifted his primary attachment to me. While they miss their original owner, they seem to adjust well to their new home if it's a loving one, and especially if it's someone they already know.

Linda-

I like the photos you show of pieces of your quilt-ghans,especially when I don't see the original design, because it's kinda like watching a jigsaw puzzle come together . I only see a piece of it at one time ,so have to guess what the finished picture will be . I like the blues, very pretty .

And is this an original design , or did you find it someplace ,and who is it for ?

Julie, it has taken me 2 years of trying to come up with a pattern for a dragon quiltghan and I've tried a lot of different starting pictures before getting this one to work out. It's definitely an original pattern. And it is for me! I collect dragons, which is one reason I didn't give up on making a quiltghan pattern for one. It's done in colors that I love, too. Here is the pattern that I'm making and the picture that it was derived from.

post-9295-135897505838_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897505842_thumb.gif

Linda

Thank you for explaining about the pets. I always wonder about the odd side of things, you know, like how the pets would feel if they were left ? I always wonder about that doggie when I see this new lady walking her and how she has adjusted to being without her first owner .

And wow, that afghan has definitely been had a lot of heart put into it ! Geeminy --- that looks like such a challenging project. You really should consider trying to get your designs published. I have no idea how to go about it, but you have such a flair for designs and colors !

That is going to be lovely when done. Cam would love it too, since he loves dragons, knights,castles, swordfights,and all those things .

Ever thought up a pattern with a castle ,maybe a king or princess at the top of the tower ? Boy, now here I go giving you more ideas ...

with the talent you have, that's probably the last thing you need, you probably have hundreds of them roaring around in there .

Do you invent counted cross stitch designs too ?

The fire truck is for my snow-shoveling neighbor's baby boy due in July. They're the nicest couple. He's the one who is Captain of the Holmdel Fire Rescue....hence the fire truck:lol

The pink is a flannelghan for the NICU I donate to - part of my Games challenge. Not thrilled with it, and already decided the next one will have a different look.

post-8552-135897505853_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897505858_thumb.jpg

Shay Gorgeous!

Judy :cheer Go, Judy, go :cheer

Julie My grandma passed away and left a little, black poodle named Jack behind. It was hard on him at first. He wandered around for a few days kind of bewildered. Then, he sort of forgot. Animals, especially the smaller dogs and cats, have very short-term memories. Without a constant reminder of "their people", they quickly forget, but definitely go through a mourning period whether the person leaves them or dies.

Sorry, I missed a whole page of posts!

Judy You ghans look great even the baby FG! :yes

Mary :hug That's one nasty cold you have there. Take care of yourself, okay?

Hmm, I hope I'm not forgetting anyone. Sorry if I am. Have a great day!!!

Linda

Thank you for explaining about the pets. I always wonder about the odd side of things, you know, like how the pets would feel if they were left ? I always wonder about that doggie when I see this new lady walking her and how she has adjusted to being without her first owner .

And wow, that afghan has definitely been had a lot of heart put into it ! Geeminy --- that looks like such a challenging project. You really should consider trying to get your designs published. I have no idea how to go about it, but you have such a flair for designs and colors !

That is going to be lovely when done. Cam would love it too, since he loves dragons, knights,castles, swordfights,and all those things .

Ever thought up a pattern with a castle ,maybe a king or princess at the top of the tower ? Boy, now here I go giving you more ideas ...

with the talent you have, that's probably the last thing you need, you probably have hundreds of them roaring around in there .

Do you invent counted cross stitch designs too ?

Hmmmm....A castle qhiltghan. If I dream it up, will you make it for Cam?

Nope, I've never done a counted cross stitch design. Maybe someday.

The dragon was really challenging to design, but it's mostly solid squares with a few bi-color squares and maybe 1 tri-color square. Making it won't be nearly as hard.

The fire truck is for my snow-shoveling neighbor's baby boy due in July. They're the nicest couple. He's the one who is Captain of the Holmdel Fire Rescue....hence the fire truck:lol

The pink is a flannelghan for the NICU I donate to - part of my Games challenge. Not thrilled with it, and already decided the next one will have a different look.

Judy, those are both gorgeous!

Linda

Does that sound like you are "throwing down the gauntlet ?"

Couldn't resist, it just sounded like a knights/castle thing .

I'll make you a deal -- I'll make it if the design isn't too hard with lots of the 3 color and 6 cornered squares or however you do them . I'm not that talented or patient as some of you in here are .

I'm trying to think of what Cam loves most -- he likes the BAD GUYS .... swords ....... the drawbridge....weapons.....horses .....treasure ..

Geez, you'd have to make this thing 10 feet tall to fit all his favorites in .

Anyhow, he'd LOVE it. He also loves pirates ,ships, etc just as much ..

I really don't know why he likes both of them,we've never watched movies of them or anything, but he has the complete toy sets of them both ,and has always loved that kind of stuff. I'm always the good guys and he's always the bad . (AND he always WINS ) :lol

Thank you kindly for the offer. I will throw the gauntlet back and see what you can do with it . How's that for an answer ?:D

Nicole-thanks for telling me about your grandma's dog Jack. Cute name !

Jude- Yea,maybe the dcseems to "airy or holey "? I don't know, I can't see it that closely. It looks beautiful. I'm doing mine in hdc -- I like a more thicker look to my stuff . THICK LIKE ME .;)

Linda

Does that sound like you are "throwing down the gauntlet ?"

Couldn't resist, it just sounded like a knights/castle thing .

I'll make you a deal -- I'll make it if the design isn't too hard with lots of the 3 color and 6 cornered squares or however you do them . I'm not that talented or patient as some of you in here are .

I'm trying to think of what Cam loves most -- he likes the BAD GUYS .... swords ....... the drawbridge....weapons.....horses .....treasure ..

Geez, you'd have to make this thing 10 feet tall to fit all his favorites in .

Anyhow, he'd LOVE it. He also loves pirates ,ships, etc just as much ..

I really don't know why he likes both of them,we've never watched movies of them or anything, but he has the complete toy sets of them both ,and has always loved that kind of stuff. I'm always the good guys and he's always the bad . (AND he always WINS ) :lol

Thank you kindly for the offer. I will throw the gauntlet back and see what you can do with it . How's that for an answer ?:D

What size would you want it? Cuddle ghan? Single bed? I hope you aren't in a big hurry, because I've got a bit much on my plate at the moment with the Games, dragonghan, and Charity weekend.

Thank everyone :hug The headache is getting better...its not one of the bad ones but i knew it could be if i stared at the screen....could feel it tickle in the background.

Julie i will try to list all the colors...let me know if you want the color layout!!

Red Heart Super Saver-These were all pieces of skeins

Warm Brown

Cafe

White

Aran

Buff

Dark Gray

Black

Vannas Choice-Full Skeins

Rust 3.5oz-1

Brick 3.5oz-1

Dusty Blue 7oz-1

Silver Blue 7oz-1

With the rust and brick i only did one row of each(rust one way and brick on the way back)The rest of the colors its 2 rows of each.

Judy...Love,love,love the fire truck...

Well, Linda

Probably more along the size of a twin bed, since Cam is really tall for his age .

No hurry at all on it, since I know you are committed to several projects right now .

I need to get my flannelghan done, and I have my new 63 group to get off and running ,so I have lots to keep me occupied until you have time .

Thanks so much for offering. Cam will love you forever .

You guys havent gotten to see a photo of him in a long time -- so here he is on his baseball team from last year .[ATTACH]16750[/ATTACH]

Well, Linda

Probably more along the size of a twin bed, since Cam is really tall for his age .

No hurry at all on it, since I know you are committed to several projects right now .

I need to get my flannelghan done, and I have my new 63 group to get off and running ,so I have lots to keep me occupied until you have time .

Thanks so much for offering. Cam will love you forever .

You guys haven't gotten to see a photo of him in a long time -- so here he is on his baseball team from last year .[ATTACH]16750[/ATTACH]

Oh, Julie, Cam has gotten so big! He's a sweetie! I'll see what I can come up with next month.

It's sunshiny and supposed to get up in the 50s today. Hooray! Kim has a doctor appointment early this afternoon. I got the laundry caught up yesterday, so just the normal business for today.

Archived