Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Hey there Shay ! I see you are working on the saltines again . You guys are almost talking me into starting another -- such pretty items always come out of this area !

Julie...Its great to see you again...i heard you have a new CAL going but haven't been to check it out yet...was trying to get some other stuff done first...I'm doing the Cassa in 4 round squares and its so much faster...Like i said its really great to see you again :hugwe missed you!!

Mornin' Julie........

yep... takin' a break ashore to pamper this headache!:(

I'm gonna curl up on the couch today and do a little work on a bunch of projects!!!

you all have great day!!!

:heart

:mug

Tammy...i hope you feel better soon sweetie...i had one the other day and they are a word i don't use :lol

Well, with my stomach bug, I've lost 8 pounds since the last time I weighed myself (about a week and a half ago). It's a nasty way to lose the weight, but I hope it stays off!!!

I hope you're all doing well or get well soon. :hug

Hi Nicole...so glad you are feeling better and i will pray that your weight stays off :hug

Hi, everyone. I got out of the house to run errands today. The first time in a week. The cold air sure made my cough worse but it's calming down now that I'm home. I went to the bank, to church, to the doctor's office to pick up some meds, paid my car insurance, picked up a new cartridge for the printer, got gas, and picked up gas, groceries, meds, material, etc. at WalMart. I finished a book and read another one yesterday. My energy level is completely shot, but I think I've turned the corner on the bronchitis.

I hope the fresh air helps Linda...when i am sick it always fees so good to get out for alittle bit even if its just sitting on the steps for a few :hug

Hope i didn't miss anyone and hope everyone is well!!

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey there Shay

Good to see you too ! You oughta end up with a really nice -sized afghan when you are done . Can't wait to see it . What colors are you using ?

I'm doing it in Dark Country Rose,Black and Buff...its looking really good....i need to get a few more made and added to it.One 4 round granny square equals 4 small squares so its alot easier....the hard part was figuring out how to do the quarter squares.

What have you been working on??

Hey Shay

that does sound very pretty .

I am working on the Jackson blanket from my CAL-- it's very simple squares ,not a super large blanket when done, unless you would want it to be, then you could add squares , but I'll probably make it as directed . Using up some different shades for it. I was gonna do it in just 3, but I think I'll go with the bright look .

I'm also finally learning to knit ,and am working on the afghan that teaches you different stitches. There are a few of us down in beginner knitter working on it together .

Good to see you,and you guys have a good day in here today !

Nicole

It's a pleasure to meet you too. I like your term " technical difficulties ". A lot of my projects have those too ! I am ALMOST tempted to make another quilt-ghan, but can't get overly tied down with lots of projects at the same time or I don't finish them,so i'm trying to take it slower .

Linda-- boy, it sounds like you had a doozy of an illness there. I bet that DID wear you out today when you had so many things to catch up on. All them stops,in and out all day would tire you . But I know it's easy to get behind on things if you miss doing them for awhile. hopefully you got all of it caught up now, so you can rest again .

I know what you mean. I have a ton of projects right now. I'm having trouble working on anything because of that fact.

Linda, I always love getting out after being stuck inside for a while. Take it easy, though, you don't want a relapse:hug

Good morning!

Hi Nicole...so glad you are feeling better and i will pray that your weight stays off :hug

Hope i didn't miss anyone and hope everyone is well!!

Thank you :manyheart

Good morning everyone! Have a great day :hug

Cold morning here in north Georgia. Temps are in the mid 30's instead of the normal for this time of year. Brrrrrr!!!!! :wbrr Usually we have highs around 60 by now. Not this year! I really wish it would warm up. I think I need to bake in the sun to get rid of this bronchitis. :sun

I'm going to try working on the dragon ghan today. :hook I'm so far behind on squares. I've got about 4 blocks to do to get caught up. :yes The good thing is that I'll be almost done with the sky part by then and thoroughly into the dragon. :D

Hi, everyone. I got out of the house to run errands today. The first time in a week. The cold air sure made my cough worse but it's calming down now that I'm home. I went to the bank, to church, to the doctor's office to pick up some meds, paid my car insurance, picked up a new cartridge for the printer, got gas, and picked up gas, groceries, meds, material, etc. at WalMart. I finished a book and read another one yesterday. My energy level is completely shot, but I think I've turned the corner on the bronchitis.

Linda, I always love getting out after being stuck inside for a while. Take it easy, though, you don't want a relapse:hug

I agree! It sounds as though moving out-and-about was good for you, but take care and spread those errands out, so that you can recover from the bronchitis. :hug

I am working on the Jackson blanket from my CAL-- it's very simple squares ,not a super large blanket when done, unless you would want it to be, then you could add squares , but I'll probably make it as directed . Using up some different shades for it. I was gonna do it in just 3, but I think I'll go with the bright look .

I'm also finally learning to knit ,and am working on the afghan that teaches you different stitches. There are a few of us down in beginner knitter working on it together .

Good to see you,and you guys have a good day in here today !

Your new blanket sounds pretty, Julie. Good morning to you. Hope you have a good day :flower

Mornin' Julie........

yep... takin' a break ashore to pamper this headache!:(

I'm gonna curl up on the couch today and do a little work on a bunch of projects!!!

you all have great day!!!

Hi, Tam. How are you feeling, today? Did you make any progress on your WIPs, or did you take a nap? Hope the headache has abated, today!

Well, with my stomach bug, I've lost 8 pounds since the last time I weighed myself (about a week and a half ago). It's a nasty way to lose the weight, but I hope it stays off!!!

I hope you're all doing well or get well soon. :hug

Good gracious, that bug you had sounds particularly nasty. How are you doing, now? Can you make it through the work day? Congrats on the weight loss, if that is what you needed to do, but what a way to lose the pounds :P I hope your energy returns and you are moving about better all of the time.

We are good on this end. In 1 week ... ACK, I am not ready, yet ... the girls and I leave for Hawaii :sun I am more than ready for a dose of :hot!!! I still do not have a laptop or an Internet-compatible cell phone, so I am going to miss you all dearly :cry Until then, though, I can chat :yes What projects to take with me :think I am working on a Valentine's Day basket for Kyri to leave in her classroom to collect cards from her classmates in her absence. I had it done, sans the handle, when I decided it was too floppy. It's fix-able, once I frog back 11 rounds. Not much on the agenda for the rest of the day. I have a few dishes simmering on the stove and in the crockpot, which I will freeze for DH's meals while we are gone, but they are happy to cook for a bit, while I crochet, I am sure.

Have a great Tuesday, Everyone :ghug

I am off to the :frog pond...

Okay! I've missed three days somehow. :lol There's just been lots going on and not much time for the computer. :(

Miss Julie ~ It's so good to see you again! Your new CAL is doing great...I actually considered making some squares and then caught myself from starting something else. :D Good for you for learning to knit!

The little guy is due April 3rd and his name is Luke William Ross. :c9 The Dr. set her due date on April 1st, but DD said no way to April Fool's Day. :lol (Of course, knowing the odds are not good for a delivery on the actual due date. ;))

Dusti ~ Wow! I can't believe it's been a year since your last visit to Hawaii! I'll bet the girls are getting excited to play on the beach again. :manyheart

Linda ~ Hopefully, the bronchitis is about gone. :hug Yay for working on your Dragon ghan again. :cheer

Shay ~ Your Casa is going to be gorgeous! That is such a neat idea to make it with larger squares. :hook

Hi Nicole! So glad you're over the virus. :yes

Hi, everybody. We had to get out this afternoon to take Kim to the chest doctor. They started her on a short course of prednisone to help with the lingering cough and changed the dose on one of her nebulizer meds to a higher dose, too. Both should help. And they said to call if she doesn't improve or gets worse. It was just a long afternoon.

Good gracious, that bug you had sounds particularly nasty. How are you doing, now? Can you make it through the work day? Congrats on the weight loss, if that is what you needed to do, but what a way to lose the pounds :P I hope your energy returns and you are moving about better all of the time.

We are good on this end. In 1 week ... ACK, I am not ready, yet ... the girls and I leave for Hawaii :sun I am more than ready for a dose of :hot!!! I still do not have a laptop or an Internet-compatible cell phone, so I am going to miss you all dearly :cry Until then, though, I can chat :yes What projects to take with me :think I am working on a Valentine's Day basket for Kyri to leave in her classroom to collect cards from her classmates in her absence. I had it done, sans the handle, when I decided it was too floppy. It's fix-able, once I frog back 11 rounds. Not much on the agenda for the rest of the day. I have a few dishes simmering on the stove and in the crockpot, which I will freeze for DH's meals while we are gone, but they are happy to cook for a bit, while I crochet, I am sure.

Have a great Tuesday, Everyone :ghug

I am off to the :frog pond...

You're going to have so much fun in Hawaii, I bet! I'm doing much better now. I still get tired pretty easily, but I'm over it otherwise.

Good morning Dusti --

So you're going to Hawaii ? My girl lives over there, but will be moving in about 2 months -- they go to Korea next .

Hope you like it there !

Hi, Julie! :hi

Hi, Everyone!

Dusti, Hawaii will be so nice!

Back to working with my pointy needles.....:D

Hi, Judy! Have fun :knit

Hi, Mary!

I have a kitchen to clean up right now....I was busy making Greek-sytyle meatballs. What a mess!

Yum! Sounds good...I'll be having another turkey cutlet. :sigh They are good on the Foreman, but they get boring! :yes

Okay! I've missed three days somehow. :lol There's just been lots going on and not much time for the computer. :(

Miss Julie ~ It's so good to see you again! Your new CAL is doing great...I actually considered making some squares and then caught myself from starting something else. :D Good for you for learning to knit!

The little guy is due April 3rd and his name is Luke William Ross. :c9 The Dr. set her due date on April 1st, but DD said no way to April Fool's Day. :lol (Of course, knowing the odds are not good for a delivery on the actual due date. ;))

Dusti ~ Wow! I can't believe it's been a year since your last visit to Hawaii! I'll bet the girls are getting excited to play on the beach again. :manyheart

Linda ~ Hopefully, the bronchitis is about gone. :hug Yay for working on your Dragon ghan again. :cheer

Shay ~ Your Casa is going to be gorgeous! That is such a neat idea to make it with larger squares. :hook

Hi Nicole! So glad you're over the virus. :yes

Thanks, Mary...I bet you're so excited about little Luke coming into the world. :c9

Hi, everybody. We had to get out this afternoon to take Kim to the chest doctor. They started her on a short course of prednisone to help with the lingering cough and changed the dose on one of her nebulizer meds to a higher dose, too. Both should help. And they said to call if she doesn't improve or gets worse. It was just a long afternoon.

I hope the course of treatment gets Kim all better soon. Make sure you get some rest, too. :hug

Not much to report here. Oh, wait...there is! I bought a new TV this weekend. I got a 42" for the living room and move the smaller TV (24") into the bedroom. The TV is huge and fabulous! I love watching hockey on that screen. I can actually see the puck! :lol

Have a great evening! I'll chat with you all soon. :hug

Linda, sounds like Kim has a good doctor.

I hope you have a good night. You still need your rest, too:hug

She does have very good doctors. And yeah, I'm planning on crocheting and watching TV soon. It's amazing how tired this leaves you. But being able to sleep through the night in my own bed is helping a lot. John brought home Chinese food for supper and it was yummy. And I didn't have to cook! Yeah! :lol

Omgoodness.......... can we say HEADACHE!?!

I'm sorry I havent been around!

I have lived with daily headaches most of my adult life... most the time they are a dull enough roar... I can power through it........ and sometimes they are like they are now.......... OUCH!

I havent been able to get much crocheting done!

I'm hoping to get some going yet tonight and really work tomorrow!

with being busy around here... busy running errands... my daughter and her family over for the weekend... and having this headache......... tends to slow down the crochet time. :sigh

I'm going to go through posts to see what I missed out on... but wanted to say.................... :hi HI and miss you all!

Hi, Tam...I hope they go away soon. Have you tried Excedrin? Or coffee....

I'm closing off for the night.

CU all in the morning:hug

I have lived with daily headaches most of my adult life... most the time they are a dull enough roar... I can power through it........ and sometimes they are like they are now.......... OUCH!

I'm going to go through posts to see what I missed out on... but wanted to say.................... :hi HI and miss you all!

Hi, Tam. I hope that headache goes away soon. Migraines are awful.

Hi and good morning! The sun is out today but it's still really cold. I finally felt well enough to crochet again yesterday. I'm busily make saltines for the dragon ghan. I have two weeks worth to get caught up on so I really need to boogy. I should have most of the sky done by the end of the week and then it's into the dragon big time. :hook

Linda, I saved the dragon chart you made...hope you don't mind. I like it alot...and actually have stash in those colors (what DON'T I have?:lol)

Many other projects on the front burner as usual, so this is a WIM.

Can't wait to see yours!!:cheer

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

I hope Kim improves quickly. :manyheart Yay for Chinese food and not having to cook. :yes

Not much to report here. Oh, wait...there is! I bought a new TV this weekend. I got a 42" for the living room and move the smaller TV (24") into the bedroom. The TV is huge and fabulous! I love watching hockey on that screen. I can actually see the puck! :lol

Have a great evening! I'll chat with you all soon. :hug

Enjoy your new TV! What are you working on now? :crocheting

with being busy around here... busy running errands... my daughter and her family over for the weekend... and having this headache......... tends to slow down the crochet time. :sigh

:hug Feel better! :hug

Hi Judy! I saw your newest graph ghan and the froggie is wonderful! :clap

I'm planning on being home for at least two days! The fourth load of laundry is in and the kitchen is clean...I may "overlook" the desk and more cleaning. :lol Need some time with my hook and yarn. :hook

She does have very good doctors. And yeah, I'm planning on crocheting and watching TV soon. It's amazing how tired this leaves you. But being able to sleep through the night in my own bed is helping a lot. John brought home Chinese food for supper and it was yummy. And I didn't have to cook! Yeah! :lol

Yummy! I think I'm going to have Chinese for my bad meal this week. I love that stuff. :D

:hug Feel better real soon!

Hi, Tam. I hope that headache goes away soon. Migraines are awful.

Hi and good morning! The sun is out today but it's still really cold. I finally felt well enough to crochet again yesterday. I'm busily make saltines for the dragon ghan. I have two weeks worth to get caught up on so I really need to boogy. I should have most of the sky done by the end of the week and then it's into the dragon big time. :hook

Go, Linda! I can't wait to see that one finished.

Linda, I saved the dragon chart you made...hope you don't mind. I like it alot...and actually have stash in those colors (what DON'T I have?:lol)

Many other projects on the front burner as usual, so this is a WIM.

Can't wait to see yours!!:cheer

Hi, Judy! Hope you're well.

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Enjoy your new TV! What are you working on now? :crocheting

I'm planning on being home for at least two days! The fourth load of laundry is in and the kitchen is clean...I may "overlook" the desk and more cleaning. :lol Need some time with my hook and yarn. :hook

I'm working on a flannelghan for my dad, a thread Christening gown (the same one I've been working on since November...it's a very intriqute and long gown), a Tunisian Lace scarf and a "Harry Potter" scarf. I typically have at least four projects going on at any one time. I have crochet ADD. :lol

I say, "Take the rest of the day off and crochet!" :devil

Hi, Nicole!

Considering I have had new issues with my back (had one treatment form DS already this week - he's a chiro), I'm doing okay.

Your projects sound great - and all are so different that it must be fun going from one to the other. I have a drawer full of thread waiting to be turned into doilies or bookmarks!!

I also have crochet ADD..and have now added knitting to my list of crafts! I'm an obvious beginner, but love the process of knitting...I treated myself to bamboo needles, too, and it's wonderful - I use bamboo for crochet a lot and it's so easy to work with it.

Have a great rest-of-the-day!:hug

Archived