Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

I'm right there with ya on this!!!!!!!!!!!!:think

I would love to make one of the Lumberjack afghans one day! One day if, when my "to do" list is a little shorter! :P Yeah right, my list never seems to get any shorter!;););)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to make one of the Lumberjack afghans one day! One day if, when my "to do" list is a little shorter! :P Yeah right, my list never seems to get any shorter!;););)

the great thing about this ghan is that it is finished so quickly. if you only do one panel a day, it is done in five days but they go so fast you could conceivably do two a day and have time for coffee and ville chatter :ccompute

For my last one, because I made each square larger (23 dc) I ended up making two half panels to finish each side rather than making 5 full panels. It was still a good size and kept the pattern going.

I agree with Darski...if you do them as the pattern reads, you can whip one out in a week, almost! I'm modifying it a bit by doing it as a whole afghan for my son, so instead of doing a strip at a time, at the end of my row, I switch colors. I need to get pics up here one of these days. :-)

I'm sorry I've dropped off the face of the earth, things have been crazy/hectic/not good/good in my house. I am working full time, plus working from home very part time, plus starting another part time job on the 12th when the newly rebuilt McDonalds opens. I have missed coming in and seeing y'all!!

I love it! I was trying to use a variagated as the second color. With all three colors, it's great!

It was easy that way too. I hope that some little boy loves it. I can't give it to my grandson as I haven't finidhed his sister's and I can't give one to one and not the other. I decided to take a name from the giving tree and gift it that way.

I agree with Darski...if you do them as the pattern reads, you can whip one out in a week, almost! I'm modifying it a bit by doing it as a whole afghan for my son, so instead of doing a strip at a time, at the end of my row, I switch colors. I need to get pics up here one of these days. :-)

I'm sorry I've dropped off the face of the earth, things have been crazy/hectic/not good/good in my house. I am working full time, plus working from home very part time, plus starting another part time job on the 12th when the newly rebuilt McDonalds opens. I have missed coming in and seeing y'all!!

The great thing about this place is that there is always a light in the window for the kids to come home to. :hug Glad you found your way back and some time to chat... you must be very busy indeed. :hyper

• 4 weeks later...

RoseRed,

First, what a wonderful pattern you came up with! You should be very proud - look at how many people have benefited from it! :clap:clap

When I clicked on Clearwater's "Beige on Beige" (4th from the bottom on the first page where it has all the finished flannelghan's listed), it took me to Page 32. Shouldn't it have taken me here instead? I was looking over everyones color schemes and that one didn't show up correctly, so I thought it might be good to point it out. I love that color scheme, btw!

:cheer Beautiful work everyone!!! I am so inspired! I really need to make some afghans this year and I really want to do one of these, but with all the color choices, it's so hard to decide! :think

Hi guys - long time no see. I'm all caught up with the Hall of Fame. (I think)

thank you.

My Carpel Tunnel has been so bad that crocheting has been so bad for me. I go to see the surgeon on the 14th.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, here's the plan (yup, I had to make one :scrachin)

I will be starting my flannel-ghan on the day after the Superbowl... got till then to get 2 WIPs outta the way, and pick my colors.

This will make a nice gift for my hubby or my brother-in-law depending on the colors I pick

I will be starting my flannel-ghan on the day after the Superbowl... got till then to get 2 WIPs outta the way, and pick my colors.

This will make a nice gift for my hubby or my brother-in-law depending on the colors I pick

:lolman you ARE planning away!:lol I think tonight you have hopped around more then me on here.although I was right behind you:lol

There you are.. Going on with that plan again!!!!!!!!:lol

I am thinking of olive green and "lace", the tan color in the pounders. I would rather a honey brown with it, but I gotta go with what I got.

I know, Diane, I think I have lost my mind :loco with this "planning" bit... but I keep saying "oooh, I wanna make that, and that, and that, then I forget :confused and end up making something totally different. Must be menopause, or CRS (can't remember s...) :rofl I have to write down EVERYTHING now :ohdear

hope everyone's having a fun day :yes Happy :crocheting

I am in the midst of making a 'ghan for my sister. the pattern is NOT motivating me at all :ohdear I think I am gonna :frog:2frog it. I can use the colors for this... Rose and cream. Oooh, and I found some Warm Brown in my stash, that would look very manly with my DH's favorite "olive" green... Then, I could try some different ones for my 4DK's, who I should make afghans for this year (i think i have enough stash for them too!)...

Suddenly, I have ALL kinds of combos :2spin:laughroll in my head :rofl

...and after my mom came yesterday with bags of yarn that she said "I need", BOY, do I have some :crocheting:crocheting to do!:devil

I am jumping into this one. I am using Medium Thyme and Black RHSS. This will be for my truck driving friend. He said his favorite color is green so I found one that I think will look good in this pattern. If it doesn't look right once I start I can go back and get the regular green since the bright red and blue with black come out so good looking. It seems to be the same shade of green used in the camo stuff so I think it will be fine. I have a digital camera on it's way to me that I ordered from Amazon.com since my old one broke. So I will be able to post pics, yay!

oooo LeaAnne...you just gave me a great idea...i just bought 3 skeins of a honey tan & 3 skeins of a beige (darker than cream) from craftsetc...ILTY...that would be a great combo for a flannelghan, and i've been wanting to make one....

See I told you all the yarn is chanting at me....(under having fun & getting it done cal...but i'm not getting much done...:sigh getting too much of "oooo-i-wanna-make-that in my head)

I know, Crissie, don't you LOOVVVE when your yarn "talks" you?! We can work on this one together...

I have started a small journal book (Michaels on clearance - under $1) to keep a running list of my "oooh, I wanna make one of those!"... it's really helping me to keep on task with finishing items before startingnew ones, because I know where to find them when I am ready!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!:manyheart

I have my first square done and half of the second. I can't get the gauge right so I am just going to have 9x9 squares instead of 10x10 and maybe do 8 or 9 per strip instead of 7 to make the blanket big enough. Let me tell you, going from size 30 thread with a size 10 steel hook to 2 strands of WW with an N hook is a HUGE change for my hands. Actually my hands look like little kid hands trying to work with a gigantic hook and super thick yarn lol. I hope I will be able to get back to the thread after this =)

Since I recently ordered a new camera I will get pictures posted when I get it. It should arrive at the end of this week and by then I hope to have a good portion of the blanket finished up. I'd love to have it ready for him when he comes down on Valentine's Day to attend a wedding. Not sure how long it will be after that before he manages to get back into town again.

Since I recently ordered a new camera I will get pictures posted when I get it. It should arrive at the end of this week and by then I hope to have a good portion of the blanket finished up. I'd love to have it ready for him when he comes down on Valentine's Day to attend a wedding. Not sure how long it will be after that before he manages to get back into town again.

This does go very quickly, You should be able to make a strip a day easily if you can give it the time. many of us used the sl stitch join which is also quicker than sewing it.

all to say it should be doable by the 14th. That's more than 10 days.

Archived