Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

Just saw this back up on the board and had a thought. I mean this afgan style is THE best for guys, but I wondered if there might be a smaller version for a guy scarf? How COOL would that be? Better said: how WARM would that be!? Whatcha say, RoseRed?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know Jimbo -I'm pretty burnt out with pattern writing. There is so much work to it and barely any return. It went from fun to work.

For you - I think I can come up with something. How long do you like your scarves?

Nah, I was thinking of you, and a way to get you inspired to get back into designing for fun and profit again. Course I have NO idea how designing works. Heck I thought it would be a simple matter of switching to a K hook, changing the squares to 1" and decreasing the length to oh maybe 5'. Ah but what do I know.

But I bet it'd be a hit! I bet it would!

Can't say that I've hit that "work" part of hook making yet. I still love to makem.

Now to do that I would just have to make it in one piece and carry 3 strands. 1 inch blocks and 5 feet long - you just might have something coming for Christmas there.

I'll tell you - I've been in such a slump I haven't even been crocheting much. I was finally inspired to make a towel topper set for my turkey kitchen towels. They came out really cute. I just started on 2nd set for my mom, I'm halfway thru an afghan and I need to make one for my Dad for Christmas. I better get my butt - errr fingers in gear!

I would love to see the scarf if you take up the challenge. They don't all have to be even, you could have a single st of a strong colour maybe ... well I better leave it to you. You know what you're doing with this stuff and I get lost if I don't go for the simple method. :loco

The lumberjack ghan I made for my truck driver friend came out great and it didn't really take very long either. He has called me up 4 times since I gave it to him to thank me for it and to tell me how amazing it is. Any other guys I know who want a blanket will definitely be getting this pattern done up in whatever colors they like. It's a winner for sure. I didn't even get bored with it, which I was afraid of since it's all DC.

The lumberjack ghan I made for my truck driver friend came out great and it didn't really take very long either. He has called me up 4 times since I gave it to him to thank me for it and to tell me how amazing it is. Any other guys I know who want a blanket will definitely be getting this pattern done up in whatever colors they like. It's a winner for sure. I didn't even get bored with it, which I was afraid of since it's all DC.

You know - that same thing happened with me. Maybe it is just because you are getting it done so fast that you are seeing *Progress* and not just endless dc. Of course there is also the frequent (because it is quick) changing over to keep your little mind attentive :whew

• 2 months later...
Yes, Gene... your hats are VERY cool! :yay

You can look in my photobucket, the flannelghans that I made for DH, and my son Pete are in there!

LeaAnne,

I think the subtle colors of DH is my favorite. Nice job.

Why, :ty, 'Dad! :)

I gotta get the blue and grey finished quick! ... DD#2 just asked for a plum and lime green one! :lol I guess my fave pattern has become my family's fave 'ghan! :clap

Heck, while I'm at it, I should make a couple for Christmas gifts... hmmm... Beige/white for MIL, purple/teal for Mom, lt. pink/white for DD#3.... The possibilities are truly endless!

Hey, RoseRed... Has anyone told you this week that you :2rock?

:ty for sharing this pattern with us! You have touched many lives with it:yes

:hug

Yep.......... RoseRed ROCKS!!!

I am making one of these this year for a Christmas gift!!!

I have it on my list amoung other style 'ghans.

I am going to be a blanket making fool this year. :hook

:heart

:mug

• 2 weeks later...

RoseRed- Thanks for the great pattern.:hug Finally finished the one I started for DH's birthday in November (you know how that goes, start something and then I had like a gazillion Christmas presents to make) I used Caron Pounders in Claret and Lace. He is so happy with it and LOVES it! Thank you again for this wonderful pattern!!!

post-27163-135897498779_thumb.jpg

I like the colors. Just in time for :heart Valentines Day. :)

RoseRed- Thanks for the great pattern.:hug Finally finished the one I started for DH's birthday in November (you know how that goes, start something and then I had like a gazillion Christmas presents to make) I used Caron Pounders in Claret and Lace. He is so happy with it and LOVES it! Thank you again for this wonderful pattern!!!

LOVE IT!!!

I think I'll be making one of these next month. it will fit in with the Christmas Carol CAL... and fill a need to get another 'ghan done. :hook

:heart

:mug

• 2 weeks later...

Archived