Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so I didn't check my gauge (I'm notorious for this!) and I'm gonna end up with 5 blocks in a strip instead of 7. This first 'ghan is gonna be a bit loosey goosey it seems. Using an N hook and Caron Simply Soft. It will actually be perfect because my mom lives in Hawaii and this 'ghan is for her. She doesn't need anything thick.

For the rest of the 'ghans I'm thinking I may switch to an L hook and perhaps a hdc for less open space. This will slow me down a bit, but it won't defeat me, oh no, I will succeed! Eye of the tiger, man, eye of the tiger. :box

Theresa -

Your expressions in your posts crack me up!:lol

:cheer:cheerwtg on getting your first strip done!:cheer:cheer

It will still look great being only 5 blocks instead of 7... And I love the sounds of doing this 'ghan with Simply Soft. I bet the drape is lovely...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got mine finished last week. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, and I just gave it away to the friend I made it for. Oh well. Here's the last picture of it I took. I did end up adding one more strip to it and of course I connected the strips and wove in the ends.

post-365-135897458103_thumb.jpg

OK, thanks to all you gals/guys here @ the 'Ville, I'm just getting all kinds of adventrous!

Few questions:

Is this squares that are sewn into strips, that are sewn together? or just strips that get sewn together? Does that question make sense?

What is the diff between the 5 & 7 pound version? Is it just depending on how tight you crochet, how much you will use?

I've never done anything where I had to join squares, cause I thot I'd get board w/ it. We will see.....

Thanks for any & all advise in advance!

hi, Cat!

I find that this 'ghan is so not boring! You work in strips, then join them together. It works up really quickly, too! In my experience, the difference between the 5# and 7# version is the number of strips you stitch. The 5# 'ghan is plenty generous for a sofa, or throw on a twin bed.

I hope this helps you... if you have more questions, ask away! Or you can contact RoseRed, the fabulous designer of this 'ville fave!

Have a great day:)

oh wow im gonna save this pattern... Im working on a 1073 square ghan rite now.. then im also tryin to make another formy mom of my own deisgn. but I'd love to make this.. I always love flannel pattern n colors.. I was additcted to wearing flannel in HS and still have my favorite Flannel that i have had for like 20 yrs LOL!

Jut to let yo uguys know - I'm no longer going to be adding finished ghans to post 1. This thread has gotten way too huge and I'm not on the ville enough anymore to be constantly vigilant.

The 7 pound version that I made for Jimbo was 2 sqs longer and 2 strips wider than the pattern.

Jut to let yo uguys know - I'm no longer going to be adding finished ghans to post 1. This thread has gotten way too huge and I'm not on the ville enough anymore to be constantly vigilant.

The 7 pound version that I made for Jimbo was 2 sqs longer and 2 strips wider than the pattern.

Can't stop the priase for RoseRed and her talent! No wonder this thread is a mile long... it DESERVES to be a mile long!

My Lumberjack Afghan is one of the reasons I dearly love to go to the crick in winter. Work outside in the cold and snowy weather, come in to hot chocolate and RoseRed's Afghan.... And the weight?? PERFECT! PLUS we always leave the bedroom window open a little for fresh air, even in winter weather approaching zero. What's on the bed to keep us toasty when the water in the pitcher ices over?

ok ok I don't have a pitcher of water but you get the idea eh? So if you're thinking of making one of these heirlooms, especially for a guy, my vote is YES, DO IT!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Darski, for the :bump... and the reminder! I gotta get crackin' on these... this is my 'ghan of choice for Christmas gifts this year!:manyheart

... now if I can just make myself some time to sit down with a :hook, I'd be all set:blush:blush

Archived