Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this work up pretty quickly? I have a gift to give for someone that is hard to buy for, and thought this might fit the bill. BUT I have tons I need to do still, so need something that will work up fairly quickly.

TIA!

I made this baby sized. I used an I hook and two strands fingering/baby weight yarn. Here's where I posted all the original info:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1130496&postcount=1203

The biggest thing is to decide how big you want it and divide by an odd number to see how big you want to make your squares. I love this blanket for my son. It's nice and warm and snuggly. I've got to get a picture of him with it... one of these days....

These work up nice and quick. I still haven't gotten back to my mom's... I think I'm just going to have to bring it in to work and make time at lunch for it.

Speaking of work... I've been procrastinating long enough.... :sigh

Hey ladies, Was thinking of making one of these for my daughter who is due feb. 3rd. What changes would have to be made to make it baby size? Any idea how much yarn it would take?

I did 2 whole strips yesterday and started #4 strip. I should have all 5 strips done today, and may even have them stitched together.

This has gone much quicker than I could have imagined!!

Finally finished my flannelghan I started in July. I made it to fit our California King sized bed. I used a whopping 9 lbs of yarn and ran out on the last round of the border so I left it off... I can always add it later if I think it needs it.

I used Caron One Pound in Expresso and Cream.

th_flannelghandone03.jpg

th_flannelghanborder.jpg

Close up of the border.

I love it! I love the look and really how fast it works up. The only reason it took me so long is cuz I put it down for the summer. I finished all the panels and stitching them together a few weeks ago just dreaded doing the border.

Finally finished my flannelghan I started in July. I made it to fit our California King sized bed. I used a whopping 9 lbs of yarn and ran out on the last round of the border so I left it off... I can always add it later if I think it needs it.

I used Caron One Pound in Expresso and Cream.

th_flannelghandone03.jpg

this is just fabulous. I love your colours and you sure must have put some time in to make it that big. :clap

WTG!!!

I finished my first one on Monday!!! It took me a total of 14-15 hours to complete. I did my border just a bit different, but it looks nice.

I will post pics next week. We are moving this weekend and I have the camera already packed.

Thank you for this pattern! I dropped everything to make this and as you can see, my husband LOVES it too! My blanket is made with brown/aran flec....the picture doesn't do it justice. Thanks again!http://s384.photobucket.com/albums/oo285/lisamartinez116/?action=view&current=1102081658.jpg

I am in a quandry, I wish I had a brain before I bought yarn. I bought Earth and Sky varigated and chocolate brown. Now I realize that they might not work for the "varigated portion as the one is alreadhy varigated. Should I try something else or stick with these and see whare they go?

I am in a quandry, I wish I had a brain before I bought yarn. I bought Earth and Sky varigated and chocolate brown. Now I realize that they might not work for the "varigated portion as the one is alreadhy varigated. Should I try something else or stick with these and see whare they go?

I think it might be interesting to see how it looks. It could be the start of a new trend.

• 2 weeks later...
I finally finished the afghan for my grandson with the varigated.

006.jpg I picked the colors out of the varigated to use in the solids and used two strands of varigated for the mixture. i used a J hook, hdc, and each square is 11" square

That looks amazing! I like the varied look of the doubled variegated.

These ghans are absolutely fabulous. Way to go ladies.

I have also finished my green version and it is very nice. I will try to get a pic but can't guarantee anything. it looks very nice... but then I have never seen a bad one of these.

I like that with the varigated.

I finally finished the afghan for my grandson with the varigated.

006.jpg I picked the colors out of the varigated to use in the solids and used two strands of varigated for the mixture. i used a J hook, hdc, and each square is 11" square

I would love to make one of the Lumberjack afghans one day! One day if, when my "to do" list is a little shorter! :P Yeah right, my list never seems to get any shorter!;););)

Archived