Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

Ok so I have since made 2 of these and I love the way they work up so easy, I love the way they feel and I LOVE the way they look.

My DH is going to make one for my DD, and I have been pondering what to make for family this year for Christmas (yes I know its only Feb) I have 6-8 to make depending on who all I include in the term "family" LOL!

I finally, in a flash of genius, decided to go with this pattern as it is simple and works up fast. If I start now I can deal with the "OMG if I make another one of these I will go insane" put it down for a few weeks and come back to it!

So I am back on the band wagon!

this is my cheer

:cheer:cheer:cheer Make a flannelghan in 09 :cheer:cheer:cheer

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question about the joining.... Which color do you use? I am making the blanket green and black. Should I use green, black, or both at once? I do plan on using the slip stitch method, rather than the whip stitch, just because I hate sewing and the slip stitching is much faster.

The last one I made was in two shades of sage green and I used a strand of both to work the sl st in the back. i have never had my sl stitches show through so I haven't given it much though.

The last one I made was in two shades of sage green and I used a strand of both to work the sl st in the back. i have never had my sl stitches show through so I haven't given it much though.

Thanks! That helps answer my other question...1 or 2 strands to join =)

The last blanket I made was a baby blanket that had 140 squares to join. I had never joined squares before and ended up whip stitching them. I swore, never again! By the time I finished that thing I was hating my tapestry needle with a passion. There were like 1000 ends to weave in as well.

I am really :manyhearting this pattern! :yes

I am gonna have my first one completed next week (shhh! it's a v-day gift for my DH) I only get to work on it when he's not home....

the colors are RHSS Warm Brown, and Bernat Afghan Moss Heather.

Lucky for me, he will be travellin on business on LongIsland ALL WEEK next week... :c9

Even my DK's are onboard... they are offering to pitch in extra on chores to make sure I get it done! :faint I never saw THAT ONE coming! :rofl Quick!!! someone pinch me! or tell me which aliens have invaded their bodies! :rofl

...just checkin' in... got 1 1/2 strips done today.

I changed from double crochet to half-double crochets, and was able to keep the guage... YUP! This pattern is a Keeper!

I can't wait to finish this one, so I can make another...

hyah!

I've been a busy :bee over here with my :hook:flying

I will post pics on Friday, if I can sneak a moment without DH seeing. If not, will do on Monday.

:hug:manyheart to all, and hope you have a Stitchin' Day!

I've started a baby-sized using the no-stitch method - that is, carrying one strand while crocheting with two others. I've had an assignment from my wife for another for a friend of hers, so I'll post pics of the progress. Colors are red/brown for a western-themed room.

You know, I was just thinking, I have a bunch of yarn in my stash. I could use up a bunch by making a scrappy version of this. May not look like much when it's done, but will soft, cozy and my stash will have a big dent in it. :)

...well, I got the :crocheting done. It proved to be harder than i thought, as my thumb has decided that it doesn't like to go very fast with an N hook anymore. :no

... so today, while DH is downstairs in his office, I will sew and trim this puppy in one of my DK's rooms...:devil

as usual for me, this will be a photo-finish.:blush

will post pics next week.

Thank you, RoseRed, for this wonderfully cool and quick pattern!:hug

You know, I was just thinking, I have a bunch of yarn in my stash. I could use up a bunch by making a scrappy version of this. May not look like much when it's done, but will soft, cozy and my stash will have a big dent in it. :)

there is a picture in here somewhere of a ghan like you are talking about... it looks really cool when it's together.

Good luck!

I did not meet my deadline. I am stuck at 2 & 2/3 finished strips. I had to take a break because of wrist pain and now I have to wait until Wal-Mart gets more of my green yarn in. At least it will definitely be ready for him before next winter =) I can always give it to him for his birthday which is in April =)

Sorry about your wrist, Barbara Anne... the big hooks are sometimes harder to use... I had a really sore thumb toward the end. April sounds like the perfect time, birthday afghans are fun!

i will be sticking around here a while... I want to make another one... just not as quick as this one :wink

Just wanted to say I kie the idea of using so many colors it would make a nice bedspread

Hot off the hook...and weighing in at a whopping 8 pounds...here's my finished afghan!!

Afghan21107.jpg

RoseRed, to answer your question, I prefer the smaller border. I ended up doing 3 rnds of sc & 1 rnd of rev sc.

I am going to borrow your basic pattern for this and make a black/red one, except dh wants it to look like a checkerboard, with only solid red and solid black squares. I've already worked up 1-1/2 strips and it works up quickly! It is addicting too- I keep thinking, "Ok, I can get just one more square done while watching this show," or while the kids are in the bath, or whatever. :lol

Very nice! If you want - post your pic here with the colors and I'll add it to the 1st post.

thank you, RoseRed-

I need to figure out how to post the pic here :think I can't seem to get it to come in the right way.

My colors were RHSS Warm Brown 6 skeins & Bernat Worsted in Moss Heather 2 skeins.

The total weight is just under 5 pounds, and the warmest darn 'ghan I ever did make! :D

When you mouse over the pic in your photobucket account you should get a drop down menu with different links in it . email, direct, img code, etc

copy the img code and paste it into the crochetville and you'll get your pic to show up

Why, Thank you, Darski!

:hug

btw.. this is all because of you, for bumping this CAL to the front page... so I have RoseRed AND you to thank!

p.s. I already was a yarn addict... but now I think I am becoming a CAL addict! :2eek:rofl

you guys at the 'ville sure are keeping a big :D on this face! My DH has started calling me "crochet-queen" and asking how folks at Crochetville are doing today :rofl

Archived