Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi gang

I just got home from the store a little bit ago,and had an email from Rose about her group ,asking if I'd mind lending her a hand here . I am honored that she asked me .Tam has graciously offered her assistance ,and seeing that she has made these, she will definitely be our TECHNICAL ENGINEER .

My job is GABBER . That's one thing I do,and do GOOD .

So Rose, no worries, we will take good care of your group for you,and you can come visit and see how everyone progresses when you feel like it .

I hope you don't mind if we do a little goofing off while working in here . I have a couple ideas I'm kicking around just to add some extra little incentives.

We are getting several interested people already,so I'd say your group is heading back up the charts .

I know how it is when you start these CALs. they become important to you since they have your name on them . We will try to run them to honor your name and your creativity .

So guys.. I've got my yarn ......................

I need to put it on high gear over on the ship so I can spend more time in here next .

Ok Im definately in I will be using Lilac and black to make a baby blanket for my baby due in July...hopefully its a girl but if not I plan on making one in red and blue for a boy also so what ever one it isnt that blanket will get donated to charity.

I too have been wanting to make this pattern forever but just now decided I NEED to make this pattern :)

Jules...that's great :cheer If you weren't up to it I was going to try and help out...but you're more fun and have been blessed with imagination;) I'll be here to help keep things moving, too - esp after the 12th, when I'll start my baby flannelghans for the Games.:hook:hook

Now Jude

I'm no more FUN than you are , you are every bit as much fun . You are the classy one, I'm the hillbilly .

If we were comedians, I'd be the goofy Jerry Lewis, and you'd be the handsome Dean Martin .

SO..... we each compliment each other , Everyone HERE has their own special talent and place which will make this a nice group of ladies .

RoseRed, I am so glad your CAL has come back to life. And Julie, congrats on taking over for Rose and THANKS for taking over. Must go through stash to see what colors I have. Don't want to buy any if possible so I don't mess up my score on the Stashbusting CAL. LOL

Now Jude

I'm no more FUN than you are , you are every bit as much fun . You are the classy one, I'm the hillbilly .

If we were comedians, I'd be the goofy Jerry Lewis, and you'd be the handsome Dean Martin .

SO..... we each compliment each other , Everyone HERE has their own special talent and place which will make this a nice group of ladies .

Teamwork! We're good at that...:yes

Rose Red... sit back, and watch the fun!:manyheart

Ok guys - this is my 'official' standing:

Have FUN!!!

I love goofing off and having a great time!

This is gonna be great!

Thanx for taking over the hosting!

I just have way too much going on right now.

-

Sounds like we've got us a group going full steam ahead . I just got an offer by pm -- waiting to find out the details ..

also we have a couple other odds 'n ends in the works, so keep your eyes peeled folks !

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

Pandrus

That is really nice ! Good for you, I bet that helped out a lot of new babies .

~~~~**Note--- I'm gonna be off for a little bit guys -- need to get my ducks in a row about a few details then will be back with an update ,so keep your eyes peeled .

I also need to pick up my hook and get a couple more squares cranked out .

Back soon !

I'm in! I'll probably be making them baby-size. I was able to give 37 baby blankets to the church last year and am aiming to make that 50 this year. I think these will just be gorgeous in baby colors!

37!!!! WOW!!! I thought I was doing good with 12 baby items. Gonna have to try harder this year!

Hello, Rose Red. I'm going to be doing this for the Crochet Games of Ancient Greece 2010, although I'm making it a bit bigger than your pattern. I want it big enough to really wrap up in. I'm going to use the TLC yarn in red plum and fall/falling leaves. Using a variegated for the second color should be pretty/interesting. At least I hope so. :lol

Oh, M'gosh!!!

I am tickled to pieces to see this CAL revived! :clap:clap Darski and I have consistently made a habit out of referring this 'ghan!

You all have such awesome plans! Very nice, indeed!:yes

RoseRed... :hug:hug:hug to you, friend! I will be keeping you in my prayers.

I will be going away for a few days for the Superbowl, and so, for the moment, I will say a big :clover to you all!

I hope you all find in your stashes just what you need to give this a go...

and to quote RoseRed:

"Have Fun!!!!"

Hi guys :welcome

Well, if you have been following this thread, you see that we have several people who want to make one of the flannelghans that RoseRed designed .

She has asked me to take over the group for awhile ,and I have 2 co-leaders to help me out : Judy & Tam .

Debbie brought up a good idea to me, asking how many of you would like to join in on the Crochet Games of Greece, which have a link here with all the rules . We would enter as a team ,called Team FG.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=329

If we choose to do this as a team,rules state that we would START the flannelghan on Feb . 12 ,which would give you all time to search for your yarn and be ready to start as a team that day . It'd also give you time to finish up some other projects so they are out of the way in time for this to start .You have until Feb.28th to finsh .

Of course, you also have the option of starting it now ,but we wouldn't be allowed to count your progress towards our goal,since you would be starting before the other people .

It'd be fun to try and maybe we could win a medal for our team !

So,first things first :

Sign your John Hancock below if interested in making a Flannelghan,and if you want to play in the game, then put that as a note beside your name .

That will be step one !

Part 2

In keeping with a little added FUN , for those joining, we will be traveling back to the Old West for our Flannelghans ...

So, pick yerself out a western "handle" to use in here. i'm Wild Bill ....who else do we have joinin the wagon train ?

Archived