Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

I still have not finished the border. Ok, I have not even started the border of this afghan. I need to tuck in some ends of a couple of others and get them washed and off to where they need to go. Then, I will get this one done as well.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Blue Star is still on the back burner.

The second baby ghan is coming along...just handed off the first one I finished. I REALLY have to learn to say NO when people ask if I can make something for them.

...though the extra yarn money is nice :D

The next project to be worked on is my Bedspread CAL. I want to see at least ONE big project finished!!

Sometimes I find myself walking in circles as I try to decide "what's next?":eek

Oh, I hear ya, Judianne!

Except DH is the one that needs to learn to "Just Say NO!".. :rofl He volunteered me for two afghans a MONTH APART!!!! And I have three others I was working on already!

:eek:

I'd take that as a real compliment...although...:eek ...is right!

Another baby ghan project to be started - for our niece/goddaughter!! :):yay

All else is by the wayside for the forseeable future.

:cheer ok, i finally finished my afghn sunday. not the size i hoped it would be, but i really enjoyed making it. the next time i make one i think i will use H or I hook so it will fit my gueen size bed. look in my photobucket and you will see the finished afghan. thank you for looking. also thank all you ladies who helped me with my afghan. you dont know how much it helped. just hope i didnt bother you to much.:manyheart

I need help I'm attaching my 9 patches with the wedges between to the star but I'm having a slight problem. So the part I'm Working on is Step 2 of the Assembly. So I joined with b in the corner of the star chained 1 and then sc'd in the corner ch2 sp of the block Then the pattern says

(ch3, sc in next ch-sp of block, sc in next ch-sp of star) 7 times

My problem is that i have 7 spaces on the star but I have 8 spaces on the block (not including the chain space that I sc'd in first. Does anyone have any advice? or close up pics of this section?

Danielle,

Unfortunately, this is one of the parts where you just have to "wing it". You're right, there are more spots on the square than the star. I believe the suggestion was to pin (I used bobby pins) your wedge-block-wedge to the star, putting the ends on the points of the star, and the center space of the wedge on the inside corner of the star. Then just go for it and attach evenly. Make sure you have a sc in the edge of the wedge and the point of the wedge, or else it does some funky stuff when it's laying there, though. At least mine did. I honestly wouldn't worry about the count of your ch3-sc's, as it truly doesn't matter, just so it lays flat. :think does this make sense?

Oh my gosh, how darn pretty. I've been wanting to do something like this, so as soon as the NY Mets graph ghan is done, this is what I will be working on. Anyone have any color schemes I can use to make this a more bluish afghan??

i used white, royal blue, navey blue,sh. dusk, blue. they are all red heart yarns. lady of roses, i love your boarder. could i do mine like yours. i love the way yours came out. i was going to do more rows, but yours is pretty.thank you for all your conments. ive never done one like this before. theyve all was been dc, sc, or one big granny square. makeing one for my son that ia a cnfarted flag. this ones going to be a callange, cause its made from a grafh. wish me luck. thanks again for your coments. have a great day. nana

WOW you guys are doing an AMAZING job on this afghan!!!! I fell in love with it the second i seen the picture! I have this patten on my wish list so maybe if i get it then i can try it out. I would love to have this on my bed :).

Hi Nana!

I thought I recognized all the colors except the lightest blue! You're more than welcome to do your border the same. I just added two rows each from lightest to darkest around, and then a reverse single crochet border in varigated. I did have to go down to 2 dcs per space in some spots (at half granny and original corner section) to keep it reasonably flat.

Hi - just checking in after what seems like a long absence. I took a little longer break than I intended and worked on my spiderman afghan for my nephew. That's almost done now and I'm about ready to get back to the blue star.

Nana: Yours is beautiful - well done!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi, Barbara - have you done much on the Blue Star? I haven;t since my one and only photo a while back.

I've seen you on the round ripple thread - I lurk lots of places. No more CALs for me, though, till I get caught up!!

Love those ripples - wish my son was still a little guy so I could make the Spiderman one for him - Hmmmm....maybe for Christmas he can be young again...

Archived