Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

My daughter couldn't find the book, so she had to order if from Amazon. It's going to be 2 to 4 weeks before the book comes in. I'm going to have to wait until the book comes before I start this afghan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda howdy. You will enjoy making this one. You can see my finished one in my siggie.

Kidget are you upto where you put the squares in the corner for the border. The thing with this pattern you have to do a bit of fudging to make things meet up. Can you put a pic up as to where exactly your having problems.

yup its great

the baby started to kick small tiny sweet kicks and i`m so happy

my tammy is growing forward and i`m starting to have walking problems with the heavy tammy but all of it is fine:)

Thanks Wendy, and you're afghan is beautiful. I hope mine turns out half as pretty as yours. I haven't been able to start it yet, because I have 2 Cheerleader dolls to finish for my nieces. I need to have them done by tomorrow, and I'm almost there.:clap When I finish the Cheerleaders, I'm going to start the Blue Star Afghan, can hardly wait. Athba, congrats on the baby.

Linda thanks. I really enjoyed making this ghan and you will too. Your cheerleader dolls sound interesting.

Thanks Wendy. I've been making and giving away my Cheerleader dolls for years. I started selling them a couple of years ago. I make them in any high school and college colors. I also make the hair and eyes in different colors too. If you want to see what they look like go to http://www.freewebs.com/craftytoo.

• 4 months later...

The color combinations you have come up with are beautiful!

I loved the design of this afghan, and bought the book because it was on the cover. I read that corrections to the pattern were needed, so emailed the publisher and got a standard reply of all the corrections for the whole book.

I've been wanting to try doing a lot of sampler squares, and thought this would be a more interesting way to place them. I have a lot of leftover greens so that is the main color. Doing the different squares is very interesting. I made the star, but want to do all the squares first to see where they should be placed in relation to each other.

I have to learn to put photos up on this site. That may take awhile.

The only photo I've learned how to put up is the one next to my name.

Our cat Bermuda has taken a liking to the star. (See her triangle mask?)

• 4 weeks later...

YAY!!!! I just got this pattern (TY TY TY!!!) and i'm so excited! I just checked my stash and i have 2 skeins of Caron one pound in cream, 2 in light green and 2 in light sage. now all i have to do is go get a darker green and a varigrated (SP?) yarn and then i can start this! I am working on 2 other afghans at the moment but I am hoping to get started on this maybe sometime next week or when i get a chance to get the rest of the yarn. I'm also happy that i have most of the yarn :)

I started this afghan today, while watching the Cincinnati Reds lose their first game of the season. I've wanted to do it for quite some time now, but it looks very complicated.

I will take it one step at a time. I am not joining-as-I-go on the 9 patches; it's too confusing and I don't like the way it looks. I will whipstitch them together.

I'm using soft white, soft navy, blue, light blue, and a varigated I can't remember the name of. I'm hoping to stay on track with this until I'm finished.

I think I'm going to join this CAL ... better late than never, I sure wish I'd known about this site when I actually started this afghan. I didn't know about the changes until recently so I put it away when I ran into trouble with the pattern.

Here's what I have done so far, I'm planning on picking it back up and finishing it soon.

IMG_5629.jpg

IMG_5628.jpg

I've changed my mind on the colors. Now I'm using soft white, light orchid, dark orchid, soft navy, and watercolor. I was apprehensive about the watercolor, but it does look really good. My MIL's favorite color is purple, so I'm thinking this will be a good Christmas present for her.:bounce

Wow, that sounds lovely!! What brand/weight yarn will you be using?

Mine is all in red heart super saver but I'm thinking of trying something new for my next.

• 3 weeks later...

man, the projects do stack up! I had to put this one down to do a baby gift (thread bib, chenille snuggly), the WUA CAL, a wedding gift--pineapple afghan--still doing the border, a flower girl's thread basket (almost done!), a stained glass squares afghan for a fund-raiser, and collecting yarn for the cathedral window CAL.

I know I'll come back to it because I'm doing each square differently --it is very interesting to see how each one comes out and harmonizes with the others.

Hey everyone, I may join, but would love to see all the ghans for this thread on photo bucket -- we did that for the RR CAL and it made it really easy to see everyone's works, and we still post on the thread as we go.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting very frustrated with mine right now, I've already frogged my corner border once (all 9 rows) and now may have to frog the first 4 again. It's just not coming out right. My first 4 rows match up with the first granny square of the 9 patch on one side of the wedge but not the other ...grrrr I am using the pattern corrections but I still think even those are wrong. I may just have to fudge this part and hope it comes out better on the next corner.

Archived