Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

Well I frogged yet again. If anyone has a good closeup of the corner border I'd appreciate it very much. I've tried to blow up a few pics posted in this thread but I either can't see the part I'm looking for or it gets garbled blowing it up enough to see.

I'm about to light the flipping thing on fire:fire

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

I just started the blue star afghan this week. I'm working on putting together my first nine patch and the joining looks different from the photos. I know I'm following the instructions correctly, but in the photo, it looks like there are extra stitches joining the corners squares.

Ann

It has been a while since I worked on mine. I believe I remember having to fudge on some of the stitching. I think, if I remember right, I looked ahead a bit to see what was going on. Like I said. I started mine when this thread first started. Have not finished it yet, still have a row of edging to do and I don't remember quite for sure what I did on that stitching that you are talking about.

I just started the blue star afghan this week. I'm working on putting together my first nine patch and the joining looks different from the photos. I know I'm following the instructions correctly, but in the photo, it looks like there are extra stitches joining the corners squares.

Ann

I have loved reading your posts! I made this afghan about 3 yrs ago. I had to fudge alot. I originally was going to keep it for myself. But last year our choirs AC went out, and we really needed to get a new AC for them. As it is hard to have inspirational singing with the sun through the windows and it being 110*F outside. It was put on my heart to give it, so did so. We did raise enough to replace the AC so that is the important part. I will look for my pics of the Blue Star I did. I fell in love with it and its colors on the cover. I never thought of using different colors. I may do the center of it like that someday....

th_100_02481.jpg

th_100_02471.jpg

I have loved reading your posts! I made this afghan about 3 yrs ago. I had to fudge alot. I originally was going to keep it for myself. But last year our choirs AC went out, and we really needed to get a new AC for them. As it is hard to have inspirational singing with the sun through the windows and it being 110*F outside. It was put on my heart to give it, so did so. We did raise enough to replace the AC so that is the important part. I will look for my pics of the Blue Star I did. I fell in love with it and its colors on the cover. I never thought of using different colors. I may do the center of it like that someday....

th_100_02481.jpg

th_100_02471.jpg

Awesome!!!!!!

Beautiful!!

I am going to be attempting this afghan again and had some trouble putting the corners on I may ask for tips in a couple of weeks!!..

:hug

th_100_02481.jpg

th_100_02471.jpg

Beautiful!!

I am going to be attempting this afghan again and had some trouble putting the corners on I may ask for tips in a couple of weeks!!..

:hug

I had started and put it down for a couple of weeks. Then I overextended my knee and had to keep it elevated. I worked on it for something to do, cuz I was tired of the TV. I remember fudging to get it to come out. Of course I didn't have the lovely corrections provided toward the beginning of this thread. But I was happy with it. The photograph of it is on a full size bed. I've been toying with the idea of doing another to use up some yarn. But I have lots of WIM's. :D

th_100_02481.jpg

th_100_02471.jpg

Just beautiful. :clap

I have done one as well, its a great project although you have to fudge a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say thank you for posting all this wonderful information! I've been stuck on the corner border for a week, and the yarn is starting to fray from being ripped out and redone so many times. I figured out that I just have too many stitches on the round that borders the wedges. I hope to finish soon now, I'm so close I can taste it! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived