Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't done much this week- between the holiday and my daughter's birthday I have been busy. I've gotten six 9patches and up to round 12 for the center. Meanwhile, I just had a panic attack....

:eek :eek I have been doing 3 dc instead of clusters!! :eek :eek

Is this gonna mess up how my star lays??? right now it curls a bit, but I think thats the nature of the star. It seems OK, but I could use some reassurance before I get too much further. :(

Anyone???

See, that's what I thought, but then I just saw directions for cluster in another book that has you close the top like a popcorn stitch.

I panicked because the fit is so tricky with this ghan. Shouldn't second guess myself so quickly!

Thanks!

Yippee- anther crochet day for me! I need to edge the 9 patches, then join them to the center star. I hope to make a good dent in the MC rounds by tonight! I should be able to sneak an hour or two in tomorrow to work on the set of 16 nine patches... I have ot remember that I need to plan on 30 hours just for the patches, not counting the wedges! I'm so dang slow/distractible. Oh, could these rugrats have anythng to do with that? :)

Hey Krystal, you should pull yours out and just do a round or two so I don't feel lonely. I'm waiting for Athba to start next week, and Tabby is too afraid of JulieKay to start hers.... I'm all ALLLOOOOONNNE! How far are you on yours? Last I saw, you were bogging down where you were altering the pattern. You have to get it figured out, since I bought enough yarn to make it for my King!

No, I'm the one doing the MAMMOTH king sized modified one in blues with a little yellow. I can't pick mine up until I get caught up with my Viceroy. I've got a schedule to keep on that one, and I fell behind because of my housecleaning olympics. Now my house is clean and I have more time to hook. Next week starts swimming lessons, soccer, etc... so lots of spectating and :hook time. Can't take this beast with me, though. I"ll work on it when I'm home.

I read part of this thread from the beginning and I looked into ordering this book and hapend to actually find it in Michaels I was like OMG I have to get it my Sister and DH thought I was crazy as I was all excited pratcially jumping. I even picked out my yarn I can't remember the names of the colors but I will look later and update this. I am just waiting for my order to get here from Knitting warehouse. So by time I ge that I should have one of my other whips finished and should be able to join in here if that is ok with you guys I just love this gahn.

yay Athba! I'm glad you got your yarn! Go ahead and focus on the one for your mom- we will be here when you start this one. I am really distracted by my Around the World right now anyhow. By the time you get started on yours I'll probably be ready to pick my Blue Star back up. Have fun getting ready for your big move!

• 2 months later...

All,

I saw this post and am reaching out for help. When joining the square/triangle/square I can't seem to make it come out right... it says to repeat the joining 7 times before the triangle but I can only make it come out even on either 6 or 8 times ..

I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks

:manyheart

Hi Kidge, its been awhile since I did mine,your talking about crocheting the square/wedge/square to the main piece, Im pretty sure I fudged that bit, just crochet it together and how ever many times you do it before the midlle of the triangle just do it the same all the way round. In some areas of this ghan you have to fudge a bit Im afraid.

Well I just ordered the book from amazon.com, just what I need more patterns LOL :hook I saved the corrections to my documents to have when the time comes I can actually start this afghan. I did read in the comments section at amazon that there were some other patterns in the book that were in need of correction, but maybe I can figure them out.

The book should be here in about a week:cheer

I want to join this CAL. The afghan is beautiful. I'm going to have to get the book, and I'm going to have to get the blue/cream varigated yarn. I'll let you know when I have both.

I got my blue/cream variegated yarn, but it's not blue/cream. They didn't have any so I got blue variegated. Now my daughter's going to get me the book, but she's not coming home until Friday, so I'll start then.

Ok I saw the correction for the 1st row of the corner edge (where you insert the four blocks) but I can't seem to make it work it doesn't go meet up to the 1/2 granny square the way it is suppose to to make it a square instead of a star I repeat row 2 the instructed amount of times but they are not lining up .. Any suggestions?

Thanks

:manyheart

Archived