Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

th_bluestar0402.jpg

I finished the corner! :cheer HEre is my "expanded" version of one corner. I have yet to do my last "border" round that catches the top of the star - I will do that once all the corners are done. It turned out pretty well, except that the point of the corner stretches out a little more than the sides to. Once I add more rounds around the final afghan to hand off the end of the bed, no one will notice anyway!

I'm so proud of myself that I was able to expand this pattern successfully!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Krystal, Wow that looks really great. Almost done, yippee!!! I said I was going to start on my this week. But I haven't finished the baby ghan, it is going sooo slow. Sharron's Mom stopped by yesterday ( Sharron commissioned the layette) and I showed her what I had done so far. She went crazy over it. So that has imspired me to try to finish the blanket.

just letting you know im soon going to be starting second colour on the star soon:)

Can you share pics on photo Friday?

Dogswife and Sweetangel welcome to this cal. Its great to have new people in here making this beautiful ghan. A few of us are making a second one.

Tracey Im glad she really likes your layette and you will get it finished, dont worry.

krystal that is beautiful! i wish i could even think about doing something like you've done to something i've made. such talent. all of you have done such good jobs because it seems like you're having to adjust as you go. thanks for sharing this information and these pictures. maybe i'll try to work up enough courage to "adapt" something i make.

please show more pics. i love looking at what everyone makes. it encourages me to try.

I am just a little upset. I stopped at Wal-mart to get more of the Red Heart Rose Pink so that I can finish the border the way I want. Guess what they didn't have?? Yep. Not Rose Pink. I will have to see if DH will stop at Hobby Lobby on his way home one day this week.

Krystal. It would be worth it to get it from you. DH may forget for a week or more to stop at Hobby Lobby!! I have not asked him yet to stop.

Want me to PM you my address??

OK - I got my book, and I have an idea for my colors. I'm thinking of using TLC Essentials...

MC: Med. Thyme

A: Lt. Plum

B: Dk. Plum

C: Aran

D: Sage Mary

Here's a link for the colors

http://www.coatsandclark.com/NR/rdonlyres/CCA4AFE0-C0DF-4841-9FA9-0F5BC35625BE/27508/essentials1.pdf

My only concern is that it may end up being rather dark. Any thoughts?

OK - I got my book, and I have an idea for my colors. I'm thinking of using TLC Essentials...

http://www.coatsandclark.com/NR/rdonlyres/CCA4AFE0-C0DF-4841-9FA9-0F5BC35625BE/27508/essentials1.pdf

Hi! I think in this one you can easily use doark colors for dramatic effect. Some are doing their second ones in light, almost kid-friendly colors. It's whatever suits you!

They're pretty colors, BTW - I love the greens and purples together...:clap

OK...It's been, what, an hour and I'm already thinking of changing my colors - at least I haven't purchased any yet. Anyway I still like the choices in TLC Essentials, but I now think that using Choco Cherry as the variegated with...

MC: Linen

A: Taupe

B: Fusion

C: Aran, would be really pretty. It's hard to get a feel for the variegateds from the little picture on the color chart, but I saw pics of whole skeins on ebay and I think I like the choco cherry better that the sage mary I was thinking about before. Oh, making a decision on colors is going to be a painful process, I can tell.

Here's the color chart: http://www.coatsandclark.com/NR/rdonlyres/CCA4AFE0-C0DF-4841-9FA9-0F5BC35625BE/27508/essentials1.pdf

I love the colors you have chosen. No I dont think it will be too dark. You have the light purple and the aran in there.

I'm going to try to go yarn shopping Saturday. I have to see the colors up close and personal to really decide. Hard telling what I'll end up with.

Barbara,

I love the colors, the purple and sages will look great together. I don't think it will be too dark as you need the contrast to make the ghan pop as it were. I had two dark colors on my first ghan of this pattern with a dark purple and burgundy, the pale pink and lavendar with the white worked up beautifully. I didn't have a verigated, but your verigated will have light and dark shades of the colors you are using so it will be fine.

Archived