Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marci, that's great that you finished another ghan!! I need to focus...besides a baby ghan (a gift) I'll be starting, I then want to finish ONE of my CALs...it may have to be my bedspread, since that's desperately needed:lol THEN I'll go on to another one. I feel like I'm treading water when I try and juggle several big WIPs at the same time...

I'll be here forever...:eek

Morning Marci, welcome back. You dont have to make excuses, sometimes life does get in the way of crocheting. Are you making this ghan and if so where are you upto.

Yes, I'm making the Blue Star. I'm working on Granny #3 at the moment. I'm planning to finish all four sets of grannies, and the wedge groups before I start crocheting the star.

When I last posted, Wendy, you were working on your second "star" and it was in bright primary colors. Are you still at it?

Marci

Judi, I'm so glad you plan to be here for a while. Me, too. And If I don't start crocheting:hook more and wandering around crochetville less, Ill be doing Blue Star for years:lol :lol . But, I just saw the cutest monkey in a red dress posted by Nana in "Show and Tell". And I really enjoy meeting all the new villagers who post their "hello" messages, :think so what's a gal to do? Marci

Marci, hanging around the 'ville is so nice :c9 - and something we do just for us - that there should be no sense of urgency about finishing our WIPs unless we want to work fast. I think I need to remind myself to slow down and enjoy the process...:)

badly my worse news that

as much as i loved this afghan i can`t do it :(

first:

yarn really not enough

second:

i wanna make it for my apartment (latley decisions) and i don`t know the color yet

so i should decide which color to paint the wall of the living room and buy the yarn

third:

i have a lot of wips and the casa with the 200crochet blocks took my life

i`ll bust my yarn so my hubby will buy new ones for this afghan :love :cheer:devil

Marci~ Judianne is so right. Coming to the Ville is such a great pleasure. I love to go to the show and tell forums and see all the beautiful patterns people have created. Crocheting isn't relaxing if it turns into a race. Like trying to meet the deadline at christmastime to get that one last piece done for a friend. I really hate that, but seem to do it every year.

Thanks for posting the errata on this pattern. I've emailed Herrschners to suggest they add an errata page (a list of known pattern errors discovered after publishing) on their website.

Thanks for posting the errata on this pattern. I've emailed Herrschners to suggest they add an errata page (a list of known pattern errors discovered after publishing) on their website.

:idea

Let us know when (if!) they respond. Sometimes they - and other publishers - are a bit touchy about having mistakes pointed out. It's more than obvious that a lot of publishers don't have their patterns tested before publishing!! Grrrrr:thumbdown :irk

HI Marci, Im glad your doing the blue star. Yes Im doing another one. Im onto granny block 2, its going slow as Im trying to do the spring mystery cal, crinoline lady cal, the happy house rail fence, the happy house amish, and the happy house casablanca. Talk about wips.

You mean there ARE other things in life than crocheting? My mind seems to be occupied by crocheting, all other things are interruptions :lol:rofl

You are so right Krystal. Some days all I want to do is stay home and crochet all day.

I come home from work have tea then settle down to crocheting. In the morning the first thing I do is come in here and check out the posts. Its a crochetville addiction.

You are so right Krystal. Some days all I want to do is stay home and crochet all day.

I come home from work have tea then settle down to crocheting. In the morning the first thing I do is come in here and check out the posts. Its a crochetville addiction.

i can`t drink tea or coffee but i`m exactly as you :D

settle down to crochet and watch t.v

but these days sooooooooo busy

it is crochet ville addiction :rofl

Athba it feels like that is all Im doing at the moment is making lots and lots of little squares.

Sorry you cant do this one at the moment. Im sure we will all be here for awhile yet. It is hard to pick colors, I always have that problem but when you want to match it to your room thats even harder.

you are right wendy

i should choose the color of my room first :(

and must find yarn

actully good and nice yarns are not available so if i wanted to make this afghan i should order the yarns from amazon

Diane - I ALWAYS edge in a darker color. A light border looks funny to me. I'd wait and buy more of the MC, too.

OK.. This is what I am gonna do. I have lots of ends to tuck in. Don't know when I will be able to get a skein of the yarn I need. I am gonna keep coming here to see how everyone else is doing. I am stuck on this thread!!!!!!LOL

Well, technically I'm done! At least to where the pattern would have stopped. :D

The blanket just barely reaches to the edges of our queen sized guest bed, so we've decided to add on two rounds of each of the blues so that it will just overhang the bed a bit. So, two rounds country blue, two rounds windsor, two rounds navy, and I'm done! Do you think that'll look ok?

I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed with the final result of mine. The pieces didn't go together as nicely as they could have as far as fit. Some of my squares are pulled wider on some sides, and squished up on other sides. The first eight squares are kind of diamond shaped. Is this normal, or did I just have some sort of tension/gauge issues? I noticed after being done that the off-white is quite a bit thinner than my other colors... which annoys me, because I bought all the same brand of yarn to try to avoid that sort of problem!

Krystal - what a GREAT idea for Athba!!

And Lady, the edging will give it a nice thick border and balance it - IMO.

I know what you mean about the same brand of yarn being thinner - a REAL PAIN!!!!:(

But from the normal vantage point, that and any other problems you see with the ghan won't be visible to anyone else. Trust me on that! Been there...done that...in one way or another:yes !

You should feel a great sense of accomplishment!:hug:yay

Hi Dianne, your so close to finishing. You must be proud of what you have done. I like mine so much Im too scared to use it, in case the cats wreck it. isnt that silly.

Not silly at all. I am now thinking that when I get mine done I will be giving it away. I know that I have said from the beginning that this would be my afghan, but I don't know anylonger. I know a gal whose living room it would fit into beautifully.

Archived