Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i need some help on the assemblying the squares to the star. mine keep buckling in the senter. i have the 23 sc aroung, but i cant get it to stop buckling. PLEASE HELP. thanks nana:bang

OK, I finally got my camera software fixed!! Here's the picture for as of last Friday. Still looks the same since I'm just doing the next round of 9-patches still! Unfortunately, the blues aren't coming out with as much contrast as they should.

Blue_Star_031607.jpg

Blue_Star_031607_Top.jpg

i dont want to quot. did you have problems with your squares buckling?

:scrachin Nana, I found a hint somewhere that said to use a bigger hook to do that round so I went up a size and it did smooth out considerably. Also try and be real relaxed so you don't tighten up the stitches.

This pattern is a real test of patience isn't it.

i dont want to quot. did you have problems with your squares buckling?

Nothing wrong with quoting things you want to comment or ask questions about. That's why the feature is there I think! :)

Honestly, I'm not sure what you mean by "buckling". My squares lie reasonably flat, but I must admit, at the moment they actually look a bit more diamond-shaped than square when I lay the whole piece out flat on the floor.

Thank you all for the nice comments on my blue star. :manyheart I just finished the last of the 16 9-patches last night and am working on the wedges today. That last wedge row to join the patches is a bit convoluted to try to read and do without losing my place! After I get the wedges all attached to the star itself, I guess I'll be doing the half-grannies, and the last four 9-patches! :hook

Nana,

mine did this too... right where the square meets the inside of the star... I laid it on a carpet and stretched it a little, and it went flat. As I've added more things around it, the weight of that has pulled it flat now.

See if yours will lay flat with a little help... then you'll know it will tame once you've added more rounds to it.

thank all of you ladies for your help. iam on the border now and so far everything is going good. sorry for so many guestions.cant wait to show what ive done so for. thanks again, nana

Is it just me, or are the instructions in the book for joining the wedge units to the star really wrong? :eek I wound up spending quite a bit of time working on making up my own round to get them attached so that it lays flat and looks ok. I'm on the 'edging' round after that now.

Hi Ladys,

I was away for a couple of days, but have returned to finish up the baby ghan. Then I can start on the second Star, can't wait to be done with this one, but it is coming out soo cute. I will try to remember to take what pieces that are done to work tomorrow and post pictures.

I'm having a bit of trouble with stitch count. I'm doing the edging (right after the wedge units attached), but I'm not 100% sure how many scs I'm supposed to have. Can someone that's done this tell me how many in total goes into a repeat?

Lady,

you want EXACTLY 28 stitches from corner to corner, I'm pretty sure. If you look at the instructions for the next round, where you do the 3dc, ch1 you can figure it out easily exactly how many you need. I just look at the next row, and draw it on paper. Then count how many stitches you need, and put that many in the sc border of the blocks... does this make sense :think

I messed that one up as it was very unclear. I would up with too many.

Nana how did you go?

How is everyone going. I think we need pictures even if its blocks.

I have been busy with the other cals but am slowly doing the blocks. Its so easy to forget how much of a pain they are. You just want to get going with the project.

Is it just me, or are the instructions in the book for joining the wedge units to the star really wrong? :eek I wound up spending quite a bit of time working on making up my own round to get them attached so that it lays flat and looks ok. I'm on the 'edging' round after that now.

Lady. I had no problems joining the wedge units to the star. Did not notice that any of the instructions were missing or anything. I have found typos that are the wrong count of how many times to do something, but, if you pay close attention you can figure this out. At least I was able to.

I am working on joining the second corner granny.

I can't wait to see everyone's afghans.

Archived