Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I have finished granny block 1. now onto granny block 2.

Im itching to start the star but Im saying to myself.. No you have to wait until you do allllll the blocks. buttttt......No buttttts finish the blocks.

hmmm Im talking to myself.

that is really beautiful. my colors are the same. for got to post it here. the part you finished is what iam on now.cant wait to get that part done.

I don't know about that. I was cheating the last time. I was bringing the ghan to work with me and crocheting anytime I was slow. LOL that isn't the case now. Work has turned into Work now. I haven't had five minutes to eat lunch lately. Well, off and running, have to go to the DMV ( department of motor vehicles) now. All americans will know what a pain that is. All have a good day. Pray for my return.:rofl

Tracey, I'm envisioning you surrounded by a protective white light as you enter the dark and deep environs of the DMV:D

Thanks ladies for all the compliments. :manyheart

I finally got my first corner border section done today. I had so much trouble with it! I think mostly I was too tired to think straight. ;) Anyhow, the number of skipped stitches and slipped stitches didn't work for me, so I figured out the count for that with some practice and much :frog. When I hit the final off-white row, I discovered that somehow my row was backwards to do the "join as you go" right side up! (10 rows, RS odds, WR Evens, doesn't work out when you need a right side row to join!) So I ended up pulling out my off-white rows and switched the starting point to the other side, and it worked out. I'm fairly pleased with the final result. Now I just need to do that 3 more times! :eek

G'night, Wendy:)

I'm in the final stretch of my hospital ghans - and have a new project for a baby ghan and bonnet. The dad will be deployed to Iraq the month befpre his daughter is due to be born...a cousin of a dear friend of mine. I've been given license to be creative:yay

So, the CAL's are asleep right now, but not forgotten:D

Hi Judi, your doing a great job with those afghans. I feel sorry for the guy that wont see his child being born. Judi your very good with these Im sure you will find something very special to make for their baby. Can we see pics when its done.

I feel sorry for the guy that wont see his child being born. Judi your very good with these Im sure you will find something very special to make for their baby. Can we see pics when its done.

Thanks, Wendy

I'll defintiely post a pic - I want to have it finished sometime in the middle of May - no later - so I can send it to my friend and she can send it to them herself.

I got an idea from one of my magazine patterns and also from another baby ghan I made...it's going to be a loose combination of both. I always need to look at patterns to give my imagination a kick-start.:yes

Wow, this thread has slowed down a good deal, I am saving it from page two. I guess there are not too many posting here as we did in the beginning. I am seeing the end of the baby ghan, so I am going to start making squares for the felted blue star. I need to make one to see if it will felt right. I am torn between finishing the ghan and starting work on the blue star.

Alrighty, I have all 4 corners done. I am conflicted on the border. I really want to use my main color for the edge, but don't have enough left:( . I do have enough left of the soft white I may just use it. Don't know yet. I think I need to tuck in ends. I also believe that I have done something wrong. I don't think my edging will be even. The spot on either side of and the half granny is lower then the rest of it.

Well, all 4 corners are done now! I've got a bunch of ends to weave in for the corner borders, and then I get to edge!! :yay

I haven't figured out exactly how I'll edge it. I'll run some ideas past my husband when he gets home.

The computer's been down, I've been sick, My grandchildren came to visit

Will you accept any of the above excuses for not being here for two weeks? Actually, they're all true, but non of them took up an entire two weeks. :lol :lol It's so good to catch up with all of you again! It was great to find you on page one. Wish I could say I've made progress on this ghan, but I guess I'll have to think up a few more excuses. I finished the afghan I was doing for another CAL, though. (Is that a good excuse, or what?) Now I'm back to granny squares and it's quite relaxing. :hook Marci

Archived