Aurora Doily in 4 Colors

The Shrone

aurora4-thumb.jpgaurora3-thumb.jpgaurora2-thumb.jpg

All images are clickable

This doily is called Aurora and in from PK's Doilies With Charm. I wanted to see if I could incorporate 4 colors into a doily. The doily measures 14 inches in diameter and was made using Coats & Clark Opera size 20 in sage, tapestry rose, and antique rose. The ecru is DMC Cebelia.

Aurora means "dawn" or "morning" and these colors remind me of the sun rising. I didn't knowingly pick colors to reflect this, it just came to me as I was blocking the doily that it does look fitting to its name.

~ Lori

Very pretty! I love it!

My daughters middle name is Aurora...with her first name, Keely, which means beautiful in Irish, her full name means Beautiful Dawn :D

I will have to see if I can find that book and make this doily for her

Your work is an inspiration to me! I'm attempting a doily because of you..... It's actually going pretty well and it's fun, too. Not really a sit in front of the TV and chat sort of project though, I must say.

Your work is an inspiration to me! I'm attempting a doily because of you..... It's actually going pretty well and it's fun, too. Not really a sit in front of the TV and chat sort of project though, I must say.

I can hardly wait to see what you are working on! :yay

~ Lori

Archived