hook case idea! lol

I bought a m&m minis tube, holiday edition recently for my son, and when he finished it i didnt want to trow away the handy tube, so i found a use for it. its my new hook cady, i use it when i have to take my crochet work with me, i just put in my hooks and toss it in my purse. it works good..:hook00003z0f

I bought a m&m minis tube, holiday edition recently for my son, and when he finished it i didnt want to trow away the handy tube, so i found a use for it. its my new hook cady, i use it when i have to take my crochet work with me, i just put in my hooks and toss it in my purse. it works good..:hook00003z0f

I think I feel a craving for M&M's coming on :yes

This is too funny....I went to New York City a few weeks ago and I bought a box of Godiva chocolate truffles to have with my dessert at Thanksgiving. After the chocolate was gone I was looking at the box thinking to myself....this would make a great hook holder! So, my hooks smell like chocolate too!

Oh, I can hear me now:

"I need to get some m&m's...for the case. Not, I repeat,not for the chocolate. Riiiiiiiiiight..."

Okay - I am reading this at work at lunch with no chocolate available anywhere in this company. Not fair. I can't even go out and get any because it is SNOWING so much!

Maybe on the way home from work I can slide into the drug store parking lot and park the car in what I think is a parking spot and then trudge thru the snow to get in the store. I think it will be all worth it as there is no chocolate at home either!

Great idea about the M&M tubes. I am using one of the new Altoid Gum tins to put my plastic needles for weaving the ends of crochet yarn in. Stores them just great.

I have those to keep my thread hooks in and to carry my hooks with me on the go. I want to make crocheted cozy for them some day to make them look prettier.

I picked more at Michael's recently so I have plenty of backups. The chocolate is long gone;)

:lol oh you guys make me laugh, im glad you like the idea, i need to buy another one for backup of course, :hook ,

i have a bunch of the regular size tubes, they are smaller, i need to find use for them too, like stitch marker holders, ect. :lol

great idea for hook storage, and chocolate is always a good thing. Any ideas for large hooks or long knitting needles?

I have several cro-hooks and a few cable tunisian hooks that are all much bigger than a minis tube.

silly me, and here I was using toothbrush holders as travel hook cases! :oops now how come I didn't think to by M&M minis??? Chocolate scented hooks sure sounds great! :drool of course it would cause problems, as I would start to mysteriously gain weight...

hmmm, that gives me an idea...chocolate scented crochet hooks...hmmm...:badidea

For longer hooks, perhaps a metal canister with a lid that is designed to hold spaghetti? I just traveled over to the Target site and saw some possibilities. And sometimes one of the many "Lillian Vernon"-type catalogs will offer metal storage tins for fireplace matches. Or, how about one of the many decorative tins you see available now for holiday goodies? Even the Office Depot has a selection of beautiful tins for sale now.

great ideas hooked2, maybe by next year they can bring out a much longer minis tube:D

i didnt think of using toothbrush holders for a case, but i do like the tube better, specially cause of the scent. :manyheart

my son loves those minis m&m so im always buying him some.

Hmmm, I wonder if my steel hooks would fit! my bamboos have a lovely case thanks to cat3crazy, but my poor thread hooks have nothing...maybe I'll just have to go find some mini's for DS and DD on my next grocery trip! yummy...and one for DH and one for me...wait...that's 4 cases...oh well, I can always use them for something! :D

Archived