Quilted Crochet Hook Case

Katchkan

I know this is not crocheted, but it is an essential for me. It is my crochet hook case. Actually it is a new one. My first one finally wore out after over 20 years of service. But the elastic was finally shot on it.

So I decided it was time to make myself a new one, and while I was at it I made a couple more as gifts. One goes to my sister, since hers is the same age as mine. I figured she might be needing a new one also. The last one goes to another person on my gift list.

I did revamp my design slightly to accommodate a few more sizes. When I made the original there wasn't a size 15 or 16 available. Then we also have the N and the O sizes that have become more accessible. Other than that I have alway found this to works really well for me.

It measures 4 inches wide by 8 inches when rolled up. And 8 inches by 15 inches when open. I have used this design for a long time and never lost anything out of it

Mine is fully loaded. They will have to fill their own. I couldn't afford to fill all of them at once.......... :eek

I have in mine all the steel hooks from size 00 to size 16. All the aluminum hooks sizes C- N. I have a space for a M hook, when I remember to pick one up.

I also have my scissors, small safety pins, a needle case (with a yarn needle, tapestry needle and an embroidery needle.) There is also a 6 inch ruler along with a cloth tape measure,, and finally a mechanical pencil. This has always given me just about anything I need when I am out and about.

th_Hookcase.jpgth_hookcasefront.jpgth_hookcasebs.jpg

th_Hookcaseopen.jpg

That is a very pretty crochet hook case :). I need to be more organized with my hooks. :hook

I'm glad you like it!

.:Yarny:.

very pretty. I need a case myself, but I need one that will accomodate several 14 inch cro-hooks. I suppose a pattern for knitting needle might work. hmm....do I really need another wip...lol

i need one i have my hooks in a pencil bag and i dont like them rolling around in there. i have to take my bag every where i would foirget my purse first...
DH told me I had to tattle on myself. I did that not too long ago. Had my crocheting but not my purse. We were 25 miles from home when we noticed. He likes to tease me about my priorities now. Be a long time living that one down.......:lol

really cool. my mom made me something like this for drafting tools when i was in college then made the crochet hook version for both of us....

I think you and Jimbo could have a little cottage industry if you combine your talents

I wish I was on your Christmas list!!! :) Love love love it!!!

Mine is quilted too, but its nothing like this baby! Several Christmas' ago, a friend gave me one of those travel-jewlery bags with the zippered compartments that rolls up and ties with a ribbon. Since I rarely travel anymore, I just use it for my hooks and notions.

That is GREAT!! I crocheted myself a case but everything kept falling out. Now I keep everything in a Max Factor small make-up bag. It's quite good and not to large but I have been surfing today looking for a rolling one. Yours is great!! I want one! I wish I as on your Christmas list too!!!

• 2 weeks later...
This case is so beautiful and exactly what I've been looking for. I broke down a bought myself an inexpensive case by Boye to get me by until I find a pattern and the time to make one of my own.

Since you don't already have a pattern for sale and if you aren't planning to put together a pattern to sell now that it's been suggested, would you be willing to post some basic measurements that we could use as a starting place to make one of our own? Even a couple of pictures with a tape measure strategically placed would be enough. Otherwise you can add me to the list of people that would love to buy a copy of the pattern should you ever get around to putting one together.

Give me a few days to see what I can come up with.

Archived