Update 11/26 My Crochetville Wip Bag/second bag

Tampa Doll

I think I have really gone over the edge.:think I decided I needed a challenge. Not a new stitch or anything, but a graph challenge. So I decided to take the Crochetville logo and put it on a bag that can be used to carry wips. The logo was picked up and transferred to my trusty graph software. Wow what a challenge that was. Turned out unless I was making an afghan, I had to do it in thread. :eek

The pattern is by Lily, it is called a tote bag and it is made with sugar and cream cotton yarn and a size G hook. The pocket with the logo is made with size #10 thread and a size 7 hook.

Here is the result of my challenge. I hope you all like it.

th_CrochetvilleBaggif.gif (clickable)th_Cvillbagzoom.gif(clickable)th_CvillIIbagzoom.gif

John (DH/Tampa Guy) has decided that it is just the right size to carry his cigars in, like that is going to happen. lol:rofl

So be nice, but honest. What do you think? Is it time to put my hook down, take a step back? Have I gone over the edge? Yeah right.:laughroll

Wanted to see a bag with a blue pocket like the C'Ville background. Turned out just as nice. Made the straps white and the middle flower white to set everything off. Now I just have to decide if it is going out or staying like everthing else. DH likes the first one with the white pocket best.:lol The man is still dreaming:lol

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:eek That is amazing! I LOVE :bheart it! You are so talented Mary Jo! I would have no idea how to do that.

(I've thought about doing it with a Dora for my niece, but have no idea where to even get a Dora picture to graph and where do you even start from?!) :think

I love it, it's awesome! :clap:yay:cheer:clap:yay:cheer

Tina

:lol If you've gone 'over the edge' we must all be jumping off with you, since we love it! :yes

wow! that is gorgeous...i like the tote bag too - which i'll look for on the bernat site.

isn't it something what we crocheters come up with when we're bored!?:think:hook:yay:yarn:yes

put ur hook down and step back, u've got to be kidding right...that is fabulous...i'm still trying to figure out if i'm doin my color changes right on my graph and u've made a crochetville tote....

:nworthy

Thanks I am glad you all like the bag.:D

I made a mistake when I listed the pattern as being from Bernat. It is actually from Lily

http://www.sugarncream.com/patternbook.php?PBS=570817

Here is the name of the book and above is the web site.

Victorian Charm Book # 570817

I got mine from Joann's, I think I saw it in Michaels. The original pattern as you can see, does not have a graph it is called a tote.

Again thank you for the kudos, I am my own worst critic.

Off to see what else is going on.

:cheer Very nice Maryjo!! I luv it!

Hey, tell john, or... hmm... :think don't tell him... but I saw a crochet pattern for a humidifier for cigar humidor, online. I honestly don't remember where, but I did see one!! :lol

Just wonderful Mary Jo! It's not over the edge at all, in fact, it looks much better than that messenger bag I bought from the CafePress. I wish I had thought to make a bag like yours before the CGOA Conference instead of taking that purchased one. Now you can advertise the "ville every time you go out with your WIP! :D

Archived