Cable hat and scarf

Sarah

I found the hat pattern on another post awhile back and decided to take a crack at it. The free pattern can be found here on a website called Crochet Garden. The patterns are just beautiful!

cablehat.jpg

After I made the hat, I used the stitch pattern to create this scarf. I decided to try making a keyhole scarf and I think it came out pretty well.

Keyholescarf.jpg

keyholescarf2.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look! :yarn

very nice! i like the keyhole scarf idea, i've never seen that before.oh hold on yes i have! my daughter had one when she was tiny. i am such a dope!! nice work

I had printed off that pattern for myself last week but it looks hard. Was it? How long did it take you to make it, what kind of yarn did you use and what size hook? I wanna be a copy cat. HAHA :knit

Thanks

I am glad to see this pattern worked up and done again. I saw someone else's work on another forum, so I printed out the pattern for hats for Christmas. I like the pattern and am hoping it is not too hard to make. The scarf, though, did you just wing it, or use a pattern?

Thanks everyone!

To answer the questions: I was able to finish the hat in a weekend. The pattern is great because the stitches are repetitive, which made it easy for me. Also, there is a great illustration of how to do the cable stitches included in the pattern.

I don't have a pattern for the scarf, but I used the cable stitch from the hat as my guide. I really have to learn to start writting things down because I don't know if I can do exactly the same thing again...

I had problems and could not get past round 3. You should have 48 and I never did...despite ripping it out and starting the round over about 5 times. And still I never got 48 stitches. Sarah did you run into that???

Archived