My November 2006 Table

Tampa Doll

May the Harvest Angel bring many Blessings and a bountiful

Thanksgiving feast to all the children of the earth.th_HarvestAngelNovember20062.jpg(clickable)

Just as with some family Thanksgiving Day gatherings there

is never enough room at the main table th_fulllNovember2006Table.gif(clickable)

and a second table is needed for the over flow relatives lol

(hence the kids table)th_AuxiliaryNovember2006Table.gif (clickable)

I had to use the coffee table to accommodate all my November stuff.

November is John’s my (DH) favorite month as he loves big turkey dinners. hayss.gifHe even does a practice run early in the month

just to (his words lol) hone his cooking skills.

Another beautiful table, Mary Jo. I love that large doily! The Indians & Pilgrims are very cute. Love the tepee. The question is: Do you actually move all that stuff to eat dinner?

Gorgeous as always! The colors are so awesome....takes my breath away! I wish I could put out displays like that! I'm jealous!

:c9 ahh maryjo.. your things are always such a joy to gawk at for hours & hours!! I just luv everything!! :manyheart I especially luv the gorgeous angel!! WOW you are so lucky!! Someday when I'm like all grow'd up & stuff, & I have a house of my very own, I'm gonna have a table that I can display some of my things on I hope!! :clap

& when I do, I'll always think of you & John, when I lQQk at it, & remember how fun & talented you both are!! :yes

Very pretty. What is the history behind harvest and thanksgiving?

here the celebration of the November month is the Melbourne Cup - a horse race.:lol :lol :lol :lol

Thank you everyone for enjoying the tables. I had a good time over the years making these Indian and Pilgrims. I just found a pattern for a canoe.:scrachin Maybe next year.

I will try and answer some of the questions asked.

Yes, the tee pee is crocheted here is where I got the pattern;

http://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=89

I had a lot of fun making it.

Let me try and explain Harvest and Thanksgiving.

Harvest has to meanings. One is when you are picking something like corn, pumpkins, hey and such

The other is a celebration when everything is picked and you have a celebration to celebrate the end of the

Growing season.

Thanksgiving :tdance is a day of being thankful for all we have. It started with the pilgrims:pilgrim and the Indians, after a year of living in their new home (the pilgrims) and to thank the Indians for helping them thru the winter in Massachusetts. The pilgrims were from Europe and came here for freedom of religion. This is celebrated the 3rd Thursday of November every year, with family and lots of food. lol:lol

This is a quick and short version of what they both mean.

OMGoodness!!! This is the first time I have seen this and I had to just take a half hour and look. How absolutely amazing. I love it, I can't even imagine where to begin!!! Lovely and so fun is all I can say. I love to decorate for the holidays, so this is right up my ally. However, I have never been successful with doilies, so I am soooooo jealous!!! I am keeping your information in my favorites, so if I need inspiration I will just go to your photos. Again, amazing and lovely!!

Very beautiful and you must get that canoe made before next year, it would fit in so well with everything else. I look forward to seeing your tables when you post them.

Archived