Granddaughter’s ponchos

Tampa Doll

Well, it got cool here for a while. Cool enough to do some crocheting with yarn.

So out came the books. What to make? :scrachin

I then thought of my three granddaughters.

Ended up buying a book called Ponchos for Kids.

Found one that was perfect for Elizabeth I made it with Homespun (Lion Brand) Harvest color.

It came out beautiful with the gold accent. It looks like autumn leaves in color:autumn

The other two are MommaChelle’s Holiday Red Poncho. My girls like pink and purple, :shrug so out came the fiesta yarn.

They are the mirror image of each other.

Elizabeth age 8 th_w_textElizabethsShaw2006.jpg (clickable)

Sydney Age 6 th_w_textSydneysShaw2006.jpg(clickable)

Madison age 4 th_w_textMadisonsShaw2006.jpg(clickable)

ooooh pretties!! I really like Elizabeths. It reminds me of the "fall" we never get (eucalypts aren't deciduous... :()

They're lovely girls with lovely shawls :) I usually tend to quite like pink the best but I must say, I do think the Autumn colours of Elizabeth's shawl are just beautiful.

-- Michelle

Those are very pretty! They're all really nice. I like the fall colors in the first one and I like the fur on the bottom of the other two. I've been wanting to make something with that stuff but I know its hard to see the stitches. I'll try it sooner or later!

Good job! :cheer

Those are some pretty little girls! They are sure to love those beautiful ponchos. The Homespun poncho is really fabulous with those beautiful colors. It looks looks like the woods around our campsite now. Girls always love purple and pink. My GDs are the same way. I always have to keep a lot of those two colors on hand.:)

They are beautiful. I like them all and how the hats match. They will be lucky girls to receive such pretty ponchos.

They are all three, beautiful girls and beautiful ponchos! :c9 They are going to love their ponchos/hats! :manyheart

I bet a cold spell is nice in Florida for a change... or no? I went to visit my mom in Florida in the middle of July a couple years ago. :sweat (We stayed inside unless we were at the beach- then I wanted to go back inside, it was tooo HOT!)

Anyway very nice work Mary Jo! :hook

Tina

those are very awesome ponchos! did you like the book? i have been thinking about getting it (if its the one im thinking)...but i dont know! not to go against the grain...but i love the pink one. i dont know if its the yarn or the pattern, or what, but it just seems to sparkle! beautiful work to compliment three beautiful girls!

OK. I've got to get out the fall colors.

yeah.. this is what I need.. another project! LOL

They are all very pretty! And the ponchos are cute too!

Archived