A Wall hanging and a cro-tat doily

dennymare

I have been playing with a couple of patterns from Ferosah's web site and here are the end results. They are free patterns that you can get on her site at: http://www.ferosah.com

The unicorn was done with a size 6 hook and size 10 thread. The Crochet tatted doily was done with size 10 thread and size 6 cro-tat hook.

Hope you like them

Mary

th_DSCN0690.jpg

th_DSCN0686.jpg

they look great!! i'm not much of a person for filet but i've had Ferosah's site bookmarked since long before finding Crochetville as I love the fairy!! I've never cro-tatted but I do regular tatting. do you know of a site that has good cro-tat instructions? I'd like to see how it differs. the only thing i can think of is that it is more like needle tatting than shuttle tatting? no idea!

I'm a shuttle tatter as well as a crocheter and just had a quick go at the cro-tat instructions on Ferosah's website (they're very good) and while its fun, it was kind of weird trying to use a crochet hook to get the double stiches and picots etc! I kept trying to use my crochet hook like a shuttle :oops .

Dennymare, I applaude you :applause. Your items are lovely ( I especially like the doily), they must have taken ages!

I'm a shuttle tatter as well as a crocheter and just had a quick go at the cro-tat instructions on Ferosah's website (they're very good) and while its fun, it was kind of weird trying to use a crochet hook to get the double stiches and picots etc! I kept trying to use my crochet hook like a shuttle :oops .

Dennymare, I applaude you :applause. Your items are lovely ( I especially like the doily), they must have taken ages!

lol that would be interesting to see :lol i think cro-tat hooks are different? well, that's the impression i get!! i don't know if I could make myself learn cro-tat after teaching myself tatting only a few months ago. i'd probably just use the shuttle and if it didn't work then it simply didn't work, and i'd go back to regular tatting patterns. now if they werent so coverted I might actually have some... lol

WOW!!!! I love them both!!!! (I collect Unicorns, so I have to try that Unicorn filet piece :hook )

Thank you for the link, I will HAVE to check that out.

I can tat using both shuttle and needle tatting and I was curious about cro-tatting!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :manyheart

(edit: I'm gonna cry now cuz for some reason my laptop won't let me download any of the free patterns and I do have Adobe reader 7, so PDF files should be NO problem.....

Edit 2: All fixed, my browser was going all wonkie...)

mary, those are awesome, girl you have some major talent there. i love how they turned out so well, course knowing it was you making them i can see how they would be so beautiful great job my friend:manyheart :manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

Archived