Roses in Bloom

HookingitinAz

This is a centerpiece I made for my sister's birthday in April. It's an old Coat's Thread Company pattern from 1944. My Mom had an Old Time Crochet magazine that showed one someone had made. She wrote to the company but it no longer had the pattern. I found it on the internet a couple of years ago and finally decided to make it. The original called for size 30 thead but I wanted it larger so I used a size 10 in white with a size 7 hook.

Hpim0309.jpg

That came out very nice! I love thread patterns with roses in them. I made a similar pattern for my mother years ago. My son is using it now.

I must have that same issue of Old Time Crochet, because I remember that doily someone had sent a picture of in. It is gorgeous. It's filet, right? What a lot of work, but the end result is beautiful!

Tina

Beautiful! Maybe one day with a TON more practice I'll be able to work my way up to something like this!

I love the flowers and are those dragonflies in the center?

You did a beautiful job!! I love it!! I think that would make an absolutely gorgeous afghan in sport or worsted weight yarns! .. Is the pattern still available online?

Archived