How many free online patterns have you collected?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have two large binders full of patterns and am going to have to purchase another binder if I copy anymore. Don't ask me when I will have the time to make all of them that I copy, if I retire now ( I'm only 53) I would have to crochet everyday and still wouldn't get to all the patterns I have!

Wendyb532

I'm too busy collecting them to count.......:lol:lol:lol

I have 3 binders and a couple of "big" piles that I've printed. Now as for the ones I saved (and need to burn to CD - before I use up all the available memory on the computer) and I can't even imagine. I do have them organized by type of pattern (baby, doll, pig, bear, horse, etc). It does come in handy and a reference source when someone is looking for a specific pattern - I can look at my saved copy (I always copy the URL to my patterns for future reference) and share the link....

Pat

I don't have too too many yet, I tend to only search for patterns when I have something specific in mind. But I had a tendancy to just bookmark patterns that I liked. Unfortunatly I had found a great Christmas stocking pattern a few months ago online, and when I went to print it off last week, it had been removed! So now I'm learning that all patterns I like get saved to my harddrive (on Word documents with the picture) and only the ones I actually use get printed and put into a binder.

Burning patterns to a cd... what a great idea!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for letting me know that I'm not the only one who has a ton of patterns. :pig I have 4 or 5 binders for crochet, several for quilting and a few for knitting and other crafts! It's almost (I can quit anytime, yea) become an obsession.:hook I print every thing out (go through ink cartridges like crazy) and also burn the patterns onto CD's. I currently have a stack (about an inch high) that are ready to be put into binders and there's even a few more next to the printer! :yes

i thought i was the only one with this problem, but i guess its not a problem after all hehehe! i print something if i like it and think that i might need it.. i didnt print something the other day and now i am sorry because i cant find the way back..so i guess i will just keep printing.

I haven't a clue how many I actually have. I save everything to my hard drive in their very own Crochet folder with sub folders for all the catagoriies. Thank God I have a 100 gig harddrive:laughroll

I don't print anything aout till I'm ready to make it.

• 1 month later...

I'm very picky when it comes to patterns (so I don't have as many as some people do), I don't print them out, only if i'm going to make it, (don't have a place to store them) so I keep them on my memory disk from school but now it's starting to take all my space, I need more memory!!

• 2 weeks later...

WOW... its cool that so many people print patterns and then put into binders! I just add them to my internet favorites with each having a folder.. example: I have a pattern folder and subfolders named hats, scarfs, blankets and so on.. I also have some patterns sorted with respect to the yearn used.. Hello OCD!!!

• 3 weeks later...
WOW... its cool that so many people print patterns and then put into binders! I just add them to my internet favorites with each having a folder.. example: I have a pattern folder and subfolders named hats, scarfs, blankets and so on.. I also have some patterns sorted with respect to the yearn used.. Hello OCD!!!

This is EXACTLY what I do. I do print out the ones that I make though. So, I don't have that many patterns actually printed, but I have no idea how many I actually have in my favorites. It's an insane amount though, I'm sure.

I have a 1" binder full and have started a second binder. I was saving them to my internet favorites, but it never fails that when I get around to making a saved favorite that I will get the error, "page not found." SO, to prevent that, I now print out the patterns that I'm pretty sure I will make in the near future.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived