Red Shawl Story

cupcake

I know I am not a simple post it sort of person, so here is the story of the Red Shawl. I was cleaning out and discovered 20 balls of pure red wool which I bought about 20 :blush years ago. I was always going to make a jumper out of it for my daughter, but somehow never found a suitable pattern.

Any how, being inspired by some of the shawls here, I ventured into making on for myself. It is a flower motif out of a flower motif book I have, except I did them all in red and joined them up. I thought to show up the red I would photograph it in the great outdoors.

I took a day off work on Friday, and my 3 sons and I went for a picnic to Point Danger. This is one of my favourite places. We buy fish and chips, take a thermos and then go to the picnic shelter at the top lookout. I take my crochet, and they take a soccer ball. We go for a walk arround the point and then buy an icecream. The air is fresh, and the sun gets rid of the cob webs.

So here is the shawl on the back deck:

img73308dz.jpg

Here am I pondering out to the Pacific Ocean.

c56c5e1d0c4379116c6a5a0d5e74ae.jpgc573bce0c057583f2b94a6d137e319.jpg

Here am I posing against the beautiful coastline of Eastern Australia. It is hard life, but someone has to do it.

c5882e51c6a1a63f2c16d01a682a59.jpgc57041aefe9da1c65b76243c1a72c9.jpg

Here am I crocheting at the picnic shelter. I am working on the 200 block CAL. Just to prove how committed I am! mmmmm you can see that fish n' chips and icecream arround my middle!:blush

1c5672743fc78a147b752e9baf36b8.jpg

Here is number 1 son playing with his camera.

img72834dp.jpg

Here is number 2 son balancing on the picnic table.

img72800rn.jpg

and here is number 3 son guarding the soccer ball, and avoiding being photographed.

img72938wx.jpg

Funny how we are all different, and find different things relaxing.

And here is the beach to the north. You can see Surfers Paradise in the distance, which is near where I live.

img04073gi.jpg

It was pretty cool in the wind, and I must say the shawl was nice and snuggly. We had a great day out, and it felt good to be alive.

Thanks for looking.

Beautiful shawl cupcake. I love the motif. Even though it has taken 20 years, lol, it looks like it was well worth it!....I can relate to the story, sounds like something that happens in my house. It looks like you had a wonderful day, what better way is there to spend a day than with family in such a beautiful place!

Oh, thank you for those pictures, cupcake. It was relaxing for me just to see them! Your area reminds me very much of the east coast of Florida, where we presently reside. The red shawl is gorgeous. I've always looked good in red but don't have anything in that color. You've been an inspiration! :hook

That is such a beautiful shawl, you did a fantastic job!:yay You chose such a beautiful setting for the photos too, thanks for sharing.:manyheart

What a beautiful shawl, Cupcake. You did a fantastic job.

I'm glad you took us along on your mini-vacation. I so enjoyed the photos. I sure would love to go to Australia one day. My adult son went last summer for a class in comparative education and loved every minute of it. You live in a beautiful country.

Oh, and you can see ice cream around my middle when I crochet, too!

Thank you for sharing. Artemis

Your red wooly shawl is just beautiful and all those other adjectives that describe nothing short of fabulous! I loved your story and how you told it. Where you live looks like a dream world for me.:c9 I'm jealous :blush

Daisy.

That's it! I'm hopping in my Wonder Woman invisible jet and speeding my way to cupcake's beach immediately! What a beautiful beach! And the shawl ain't too shabby, neither!

Archived