Red Shawl Story

cupcake

Hi Cupcake,

We all agree that that is one beautiful shawl and appreciate your sharing your day with us. One question - what is the name of the book that you got the flower motif from? The motif seems to have a Star of David in it and I would love to make that too......:cheer

I loved the shawl and the picture of your #3 son made me laugh. That is exactly what my twelve year old son does when we try to take his picture!

Thanks for all your lovely comments. :manyheart I guess I could have taken a photo in the loungeroom, but the trip made it all the more enjoyable. I am pleased you enjoyed my shaggy dog story.

The motif I used is out of this book: 99 Floral Motifs. If you look at the cover it is the white flower with the green edging in the top right hand corner, except I did it in the one colour. I notice this book is about $11.40 US. Believe it or not, I forked out $24.75 Aus,:eek plus postage for my copy, about a month ago. Good thing I already had the wool! It is a great book tho, and the motifs are very versatile. I try not to think of what these books cost me as some of you will be aware, I recently parted with a larger sum of money for the 200 block book. Hence, while the views are great over here, we are a long long way away, and some things are astronomically expensive.

http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1665

As for my sons, I love them dearly. Despite having the same parents, and the same upbringing they are completely different personalities. From this I stick with the nature argument...:D The youngest one, who is camera shy, can do a basic chain in crochet, and used to do french knitting, till the hormones kicked in and now feels it is a bit sissy.

Archived