Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's been an incredibly busy summer so far. The trip to ND went great. The week long rescue class here was great. And, Jacque's charity concert went off without a hitch. :yay

So i've finally gotten around to coming up with a couple more ideas. These are variations of things I've seen around.

?action=view&current=Starandflower.jpg

?action=view&current=ChainandStarvar.2.jpg

It's great to be back. I'm swamped in stuff to do now. I am doing an ATW and wraps for the Football Charity Challenge. I've also been working on shrugs for friends. I have to get back to my squares. Liz has me under the gun. :devil I need to get my Kitty Quilt finished. She is going to get one of my ideas done before I am. :blush

• 1 month later...

It took a while, but I have finally finished my Prairie Star! :clap

th_HPIM0669.jpg

I made this for my Mom and while the timeframe changed from when I was going to give it to her (birthday, Mother's Day, when I get the dang thing done...), I think she will enjoy getting this for Christmas. She lives in Arizona and I live in Georgia, so we don't get to spend very many holidays together anymore. My Grandma, Aunt and Uncle and cousins are all there though. So I hope when she opens it it will feel like a warm hug from me that everyone can oogle over.

My Grandma was the one who got me into crocheting. She has made me many afghans over the years. She is the next person on my afghan list to get one. She doesn't crochet anymore (she's into quilting now), but she is always making things for other people. When she gets something handmade given TO her, she always gets so excited. I need to find a another good quiltghan pattern to make her one to, so she can have a gift that combines crocheting and quilting.

When I started this back in February, I had just "retaught" myself Crocheting. I knew the basic chain stitch, and the SC, but had never done a lot with them, let alone finish anything, so the "Advanced Experience & Patience required" rating was a little daunting at first. Last Thanksgiving, I was so depressed, to keep my mind off of everything, I decided to go to Wal-Mart the day after Thanksgiving and I bought myself "I Taught Myself to Crochet" and "I Taught Myself to Knit" kits. The knit kit is still unopened. I am afraid to open it because if I do, then won't it just double the things I will want to make? Needless to say, crocheting really has been excellent therapy over the last year. I'm sure it is waaaaay cheaper than going to see a Therapist (although my yarn/thread stash may say otherwise), and I didn't need to go on anti-depressent drugs, which was a big fear.

Sorry for the long post...my fingers just wouldn't quit typing!

P.S. - Don't hate me cuz I resurrected this CAL! :devil

Brenda your PS is beautiful. You have done what I did. I just finished the Amish bedspread which I started in march and was supposed to be for my mum for her birthday in August has now just been finished in time to give to her for xmas. You cant rush these things. Well done.

Leslie your patterns arent showing for me, not sure why but Im sure they look great.

Brenda your PS is beautiful. You have done what I did. I just finished the Amish bedspread which I started in march and was supposed to be for my mum for her birthday in August has now just been finished in time to give to her for xmas. You cant rush these things. Well done.

Leslie your patterns arent showing for me, not sure why but Im sure they look great.

Brenda, that's beautiful!!:clap:clap

...and "when it gets done" is also my current mantra:lol:lol:lol

Crocheting is really a wonderful tranqulizer, IMO, too!!:hook

Tena, there are SO many beautiful quilt patterns! A nice one is the baby one made with squares (or saltines, as we knicknamed them - you'll see why when you make your first one:lol)

Thank you all for the wonderful comments!:hug

I actually have ANOTHER Prairie Star I keep at my office to work on at lunch that is for my bed. I am doing it for myself, so there is no timeline on it. I couldn't help myself.

Brenda- wow, I love your PS.. it's beautiful. What color is your next one in, the same ,or different ?

Different...Dark Orchid, Fiesta Orchid, Fiesta Lt. Blue, Lt. Sage, Aran, and Watercolor. So mostly purple with some blue and green added in for contrast. I am a big fan of purples, and those colors go with my room decor, such as it is. :D

Archived