Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

Hey ladies

The more I think on this, the more I think we will move this to a whole new thread.

We have a CAL Gang that seems to all follow from one CAL to another. If we want this fall one to work well, I think it'll be best to move it to a whole new thread, rather than have some people in the Quilt-along, some in the Sky CAL, and some in the Happy House,

all working on the same TYPE afghans, just in different areas .

I'll be in the NUT HOUSE if I have to keep up with all of them.

I already run from one to the other to the other all day long, so maybe if we could compile all this into one thread, it'd be easier .

Whatcha think ?

I think it might be a lot of fun to open it up to anyone who wants to try their hand at designing a pattern, then we'd all have a big selection to choose from .

We'd beg Cara to please contribute at least one, since she is Queen of Quilts.

Leslie also has designed some real beauties herself ,as has Linda .

Maybe we should keep theirs that they have already made in their areas-- but make this Fall one exclusively for Fall type designs .

That way, it'dd all be in one spot, instead of scattered across 87 CAL's .

Some days my knuckles are ground down to sawdust trying to keep up with the boards anyhow. this may make it a little easier to keep track if it's in one place .

I've already asked Cara ( several weeks ago ) if she'd be in charge of Happy House ,since they are all her designs anyhow, and she has done a wonderful job of it. I just jump in once in awhile to yak, but she does the rest--

Then if anyone makes one of Leslie or Linda's designs that are already out there, maybe they could be in charge if there are questions,etc about their patterns.

Then it'd free me up a little bit . I still have the Sky, the Smoke Signals and would SORTA have the Fall one, although all I'd do is start it, then we'd all kinda jump in from there and whoever DESIGNS a pattern would be the one to go to with questions, etc if you choose their design ..

does this sound ok to everyone ?

If so, I'll drop a new thread in here about the Fall one and anyone interested could begin running some ideas through their heads about designs .

How about if we make Sept 1st as the actual start date ?

Feel free to plan out some designs now, come in and YAK about it, but the start date to begin would be Sept 1st or anytime after .

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julie, starting a new CAL would be great for a fall quilt...but I'll be staying with the other 2 quilt CALs - need to finish the other designs I want to do, though I'm NOT saying if a design speaks to me I might not have to fall off the wagon and join you all after all:D

Yep, I too think a whole new Fall CAL would probably be the best thing :yes But we'll all still be in the other ones anyway :lol

I think the everyone trying their hand at designing is an excellent idea!! Heck they don't even have to show it if they don't like it. I think folks would be real surpised if they sat down with a piece of graph paper and some crayons :yes

So of course, I'm in :hook

Hey Donna- would LOVE your help -anything you wanna do is fine with me !!!

( Wanna run it for me ????? )

Judy and Cara- yea, that is totally fine to stay with the ones you are working on in the areas they are in. I don't want to close any of them down. They are all doing well, so it'd be great to leave them as is.

I just thought it'd be easier to have all the Fall-themed ones all in one spot, rather than scattered around .

Donna

Well, I'm not sure what I'm doing either. I just come in and YAK every day .

Mainly answer questions, or direct people to the info they need if they are needing help . Keeping the place hopping, which means jumping in and answering posts as frequently as you can.

I think a lot of times in groups I have been in before , if you are new and come in and post and get no response, you quickly lose interest because you don't think anyone CARES that you are new or wants to take the time to welcome you, so I guess the job of running it is kinda like the Walmart Greeter .

I'd be forever grateful if you wanted to do it . Then I could kinda step back a little.

I always think it is a blast getting these started and watching how quickly they grow, but there are days when it takes a LOT of time if you have several to keep up with .

If I start this one, I'd be very happy to turn it over to you- I already have it typed and ready to post, just waiting to hear back from a pm I sent out .

No problem. I like greeting people :lol I know what you mean. There are alot of groups that I've stopped visiting because it seemed clicky. The ville is definitely not like that. So once you get it started you can pass it over whenever you want.

Sounds great Donna

That way I will really only have 2 that need daily attention. Some of them seem to take on a life of their own after awhile, while others eventually die out .

So if I only had to do the Sky and Smoke one, that'd take a load off .

I actually think the Smoke one will be one that will go on and on and on ... kinda like the roundripple .. so many possibilities with that pattern .

So the Sky one will be the most work for me .

I'm going to work on some fall themes, but, it will be until the end of August until I can get back to post them. I'll be in North Dakota from this Fri until the end of the month.

That sounds fine to me Julie. What ever is the easiest all the way around. :)

I have a lot of ideas for quilts, I just don't have an easy way to get them to paper, I wish I had a good easy cheap program for it.

Howdy, just got home from three hours car drive and an all day flights from Boston to Los Angeles (Two stop-overs).

I have a quilt design that I put off as a WIP. I special ordered yarns and everything. Is there a good freeware where I can paint each squares in the grid and post it on the thread ?

I am willing to share my design. I need to experiment with few methods, like squares, etc. I am sure it will be ready for Sept. 1st, if no one else volunteers. In fact, I already plan to do another CAL for illusion knitting, only if anyone want to try it out. (Still working on a design for that CAL too - Should be ready after Labor Day)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived