Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright, then Tab

If you want 2 birthdays within 6 months of each other, here you go -- but when you get to my age, I think you'd like to spread them out and have one every OTHER year .

PRETEND

:birthday

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Thank you. :D

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble getting to Cara's "Happy Yellow House" website? I have been trying now for two days and can't get in. I'm in withdrawal! I visit there almost everyday just to see the pretties.

Brenda

I'm sorry y'all :( Our ISP is having an issue with a 3rd party leg in the web. Here I thought it just went from there to here. Didn't realize there were "switching stations" in between. They're working on it. At least they believe me now that it isn't coming up. Yesterday they told me since they could see it then it must be on my end :P I knew better than that :lol

Thanks for that Julie, I didnt know that was there.

----------

My birthday was last Tuesday, and I came in to work to find a nice PM from Julie wishing me a happy birthday. It was nice, because I wasn't in much of a birthday mood this year, but I still appreciated getting the good wishes.

Morning Renee ~

How's life treating you today ? Hope you will be able to jump in and join us in the Sky CAL ,or was it one of the others you said you might try to join ?

Sorry, I lose track sometimes ... anyhow, thanks for dropping by .It's always good hearing from you .

Well, thank you Tabby. Happy Unbirthday to you.

Julie, life's okay right now. I'm trying to get another job, and I interviewed at an office on campus, and they're very interested in me. The only problem: they're looking to fill the job asap, and one of my references is on vacation, so they've asked me to supply them the name of another reference. My most recent supervisor is also on vacation, so I contacted someone else to see if they'd be willing to fill in as a reference, and she's in a meeting, which at least means that she's not on vacation! I don't want this to get messed up just because of vacation schedules, so I'm a little on edge right now.

Summer here hasn't been too bad, although it's getting hot now. And I'll have some vacation days coming up in a week or so - although I'm not going anywhere, I'm chairing a literary SF/F convention here in Austin weekend after next. And I'm not getting much crochet done, but that's kind of normal for me during the summer.

Renee

Want my phone number ?

Tell me who I am supposed to be and I'll brag you up to make you sound like the best thing since sliced bread. I'll even see if they'll UP their starting salary for you .

This is probably a good idea because she'll yak so much that they'll hire you just to shut her up. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Love ya Julie. :devil:manyheart

:yay Morning everyone, just stopping by to tell you that I am still making squares but I am realizing before I move on to another color I need to start weaving in all the ends of the squares that I have made. :hook So that is where I am with my crochet quilt. :eek

:yay Morning everyone, just stopping by to tell you that I am still making squares but I am realizing before I move on to another color I need to start weaving in all the ends of the squares that I have made. :hook So that is where I am with my crochet quilt. :eek

Good idea! Voice of experience: You DON'T want to wait till you're ready to join them before you weave them in!

Which one are you doing? Colors? I'm on too many CALs - I lose track:blush

Renee

Want my phone number ?

Tell me who I am supposed to be and I'll brag you up to make you sound like the best thing since sliced bread. I'll even see if they'll UP their starting salary for you .

-----------

Julie, I got another friend of mine to stand in at the last minute as a reference. They contacted all my references on Tuesday, then I didn't hear anything so I was really worrying. Then yesterday morning, they called and asked me if I could come in and meet with the Director of the Institute on Monday, so I said sure (what was I gonna say, no thank you?). This will be my 3rd interview, and I'm thinking at this point it'll mostly just be a formality. I should know if they're going to offer me the job on Monday or Tuesday (and then I have vacation starting on Thursday).

Archived