Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leslie, I'm like Julie! ....maybe I can make this version and not have to make bi-color squares~:)

Will you be making a larger graph (for the Purple, of course:D )

Oh Leslie I love your patterns especially the blue and yellow one. Do you have directions how to make the squares and how many of each is needed. I am a newbie to crocheting quilts and I am working on my first quilt now. :hook

Cheeria, for directions on how to do the squares go to Cara's website, Happy Yellow House. There is a link in her signature. She has been kind enough to put one of mine on her website.

I'll get around to making up a word document tomorrow with the number of squares and a larger pic. If anyone wants it I can attach it to an e-mail for them. If any of you want a preview with different colors, give me an idea what colors you want to use and I'll change the ones in the pattern. It's fairly easy to do in the program I use to make the charts.

:ty Leslie I went to Cara web site and printed out the instructions I need to make the squares. Yes Please e-mail me the word, after I finish my first quilt I will like to attempt making it. :hook I am finding that I am really enjoying making the little squares for a quilt. It relaxes me.

Leslie, that was really neat! Do you mind my asking what program it is that you use for making the grids? Another thing that seems like it'd be fun to do, is find some cross stitching patterns, and make those into quilt afghan patterns. That would be fun to play with a grid pattern with, and come up with something neat. In cross stitching too, there are not that many bi-colored squares lol. :)

Those are just so neat...

Victoria

Here's a variation on the Around the World, done as a block rather than a whole quilt.

AroundtheWorldBlocks-Variation.jpg

Another version using the same block.

AroundtheWorldBlocks.jpg

These should go fairly quickly. No half and half squares. :)

Leslie, I still need to decide between the diamonds version you sent me and this - if you can send me the details in a Word Doc for this bottom one, I'd appreciate it... I love the darker border - though the other purple version is gorgeous too!:eek Thanks so much!

I'm working on the word documents. I'll try to email as soon as I get them done.

The cross stitch program I am using to create the charts is Patternmaker Pro. It's an old version. I'm thinking of upgrading to the newer one. I just haven't felt like spending the $60 yet. :)

Here's a variation on the Around the World, done as a block rather than a whole quilt.

AroundtheWorldBlocks-Version1large.jpg

Another version using the same block.

AroundtheWorldBlocks-Version2large.jpg

These should go fairly quickly. No half and half squares. :)

Leslie wow I love it.:clap My caron brites yarn would look great with your version of the ATW.

Cheeria if you want the Word docs. you will have to send me an e-mail so I can attach them to a reply. I'm not sure how to link them to a thread.

Morning :cheer I sent you an e-mail. Thanks so much. Angel Hugs to you Leslie :manyheart

Thanks Wendy. Julie's idea might be fun. I'll have to play with the design to get a preview of many different colors.

Uh-oh!:eek

That is perdy, love it. :cheer:clap:cheer I really might stray & make another quilt ghan. This would be perfect because I wouldn't need to buy any new yarn. :yes It's not like i'm accomplishing anything at the sky CAL anyways besides yakking. :D

Leslie, I can see me having so many odds and ends after Christmas that I could probably make several scrap quilts!!

I tested it out on the pattern and it looks even better if you replace all of the off white with black.:hook

THAT would be striking!! I'm on board - put me down for 2008:lol

Leslie, I can see me having so many odds and ends after Christmas that I could probably make several scrap quilts!!

You and me both :lol

Wonderful as always Leslie. I'd really like to do it with a black background. I really like black :yes

Archived