Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

Hey everyone! :) I wanted to check in again. I've been keeping up some with the thread, just haven't had anything to say. I did want to update my status on the afghan I'm working on though. I have almost all the squares made, and just have a few 1/2 squares to do. I've joined about 1/2 the afghan (not quite 1/2, but almost) and I can't wait to post a picture soon! :)

I had a tip though... What if when you're doing the 1/2 squares (thus, you'd have to do it to all the squares, but the 1/2 ies are the ones I was thinking about) you do ch 2 in the corners. That way, the square looks even more 1/2, because you'd do one chain in one color, and the other chain in the other color? Make sense? I think I'll do that for my next afghan, if it makes any sense once I get going. I'm just a little picky, although the ch 1 in the corners gives it a less holey look. What do you guys think? Have you tried this before?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Victoria

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Victoria - when I do the quilt-ghans I just tug on the corners to make them look more square. I just like the more dense look of the ch 1 - though I see how ch 2 would look good, too.

Which pattern are you making?

Ok. Good tips! :) Judianne, I've made up my own pattern... It's based on a quilt (out of material) pattern that I saw online, and I just graphed it, and am working on it. I'm not sure how well I like it, but I usually feel that way when I'm nearly done with a project- just anxious to get it over with already lol.

Victoria

Want to share my flea market finds : three tunsian hooks! I am going to use them for the Magic Carpet blanket, my own quilt design. I don't know if this thread accepts tunsian technique. I am going to experiement with tunsian stitches when I get home later this week. If not, I can see if graph tunsian thread is more helpful for this crochet technique.

Victoria, we'll all love to see pictures of your finished ghan! Do you actually work on one project at a time? DH wishes I did:lol

Holy. Stinkin'. Cow. (With or without it's own 'ghan.)

I've been lurking off and on here and just popped in for the first time in several weeks. Leslie, you are gonna be the end of me. I love doing scrappies (easily bored) and you just posted some beauties. Stained glass panes is definitely on my WIM list to destash my brights, and I had a stroke of inspiration to use my greys, browns and beiges to make the kitty ghan. I even have some TLC Butter that looks just like my uncle's old cat! I think I'll use dk brown in place of the dk green, and sash it with barn red.

Good Grief. I'll be doing squares forever.

Hey Miss Julie

Just saw your post this morning,so jumped in to answer you. This area doesn't get a lot of action lately, but maybe it'll pick up soon.

Yes, Leslie's patterns are so pretty. I want to do one of them purple/green ones one of these days .

I keep getting sidetracked by other things. Maybe it'll be my fall/winter project .

I took a look at the prarie star pattern and am thinking I might give this a shot with thread instead of yarn ... I'll let you know if I do ... am wondering at the relative weight of the project and if it would make an interesting tablecloth ... meanwhile I am eagerly awaiting next week when I've finally been a member for 60 days and can join in on the groups

Julie, I still haven't done more than a few saltines for the purple and green quilt I'm making, so doing this together sounds like a great idea for the Fall.

:cheer Hi everyone, I have been following the newest post am I correct in understanding that we will all meet back here in the fall. I am okay with that for I have not worked on my quilt in a week instead I am working on other WIP so the fall will be okay for me. How will I know when this CAL is meeting back up again??? Maybe by then I will have more squares done. LOL :hook I am still working on Grandmother's garden quilt. Hugs to you all :hug

Cheeria

Just keep an eye out for the area to come to life again . I am thinking possibly next month sometimes, once school is back in and things settle down a little for everyone. Just keep watching, then I'll come in here and give out a holler when I think the time is good .

I've seen a few quilts in mags that I want to do for lapghans. I've also came up with a bedspread size one I'd like to do but haven't figured out what to make it in yet. hmmm at least I'll have time to think about it. :lol

Archived