Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

:rofl Oh, this is waaaaay too funny! I just pictured a milking barn, with each cow draped with its own afghan - here's one in a quiltghan, there's a scrapghan cow... Oh, look - it's Cara's busghan on Bessie's little calf!

:rofl

:rofl:rofl :rofl:rofl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rofl Oh, this is waaaaay too funny! I just pictured a milking barn, with each cow draped with its own afghan - here's one in a quiltghan, there's a scrapghan cow... Oh, look - it's Cara's busghan on Bessie's little calf!

:rofl

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl and the look from Arnold in the avatar while reading that makes it even more :haha:rofl :rofl

Leslie - wonderful designs, as always!!

Do you have all of them on a site with the details of the squares etc - just like the purple and green one you sent me?

...for future projects, of course:devil

Judy, I'm not that good with a computer. I wouldn't know where to begin. I've mentioned to Cara she is welcome to put them up on her site if she'd like. I can also e-mail the word documents to anyone who is interested. I haven't even added directions for the squares because I am using Cara's directions.

If anyone is interested in doing one in different colors, it's fairly easy to swap out colors in the program I use. If you give me an idea what colors you want I can change them to give a better idea how they will look.

Judy, I'm not that good with a computer. I wouldn't know where to begin. I've mentioned to Cara she is welcome to put them up on her site if she'd like. I can also e-mail the word documents to anyone who is interested. I haven't even added directions for the squares because I am using Cara's directions.

If anyone is interested in doing one in different colors, it's fairly easy to swap out colors in the program I use. If you give me an idea what colors you want I can change them to give a better idea how they will look.

I'll be using Cara's directions, too. If you could post the designs on her site that would be great!

Leslie - Two more great additions!! I will be honored to add your patterns to the line up. I so very behind on this month's update. I've just been so sick the last two weeks and now DHs on vacation which ruins my days :lol I'm going to seriously concentrate on updating everything next week. :yes This month's update is gonna be huge, too. I have several gallery photos and patterns to add. It's actually kind of exciting :yes

Cara, I know what you mean about being sick.:sneeze:sick I have had sinus infections too. They are awful. Take care of yourself. :hug

It has been stinking:hot here. Thank God for the quilt ghans. I wouldn't be able to crochet if it wasn't for little squares.:whew I have to get the camera from Jacque. I have one of the center blocks done on the Kitty Quilt and am quite pleased with how it is coming out. I want to work on the top left block this evening.

I have a suggestion that speeds up the sewing together. I thread a couple of yarn needles with the different colors I am using. That way I don't have to keep changing. I'm pretty sure it is saving me some time. I followed advice and switched colors to match the squares. You are all right. It does look better.

Cara, I know what you mean about being sick.:sneeze:sick I have had sinus infections too. They are awful. Take care of yourself. :hug

It has been stinking:hot here. Thank God for the quilt ghans. I wouldn't be able to crochet if it wasn't for little squares.:whew I have to get the camera from Jacque. I have one of the center blocks done on the Kitty Quilt and am quite pleased with how it is coming out. I want to work on the top left block this evening.

I have a suggestion that speeds up the sewing together. I thread a couple of yarn needles with the different colors I am using. That way I don't have to keep changing. I'm pretty sure it is saving me some time. I followed advice and switched colors to match the squares. You are all right. It does look better.

Great progress on the Kitty Quilt!! :jumpyay

:lol I thought I was the only one that threaded several needles. Makes it much easier. I use the arm of my chair as a pincushion. Sure keeps the cat off that side :lol

I should have know you clever girls would know that trick. :lol I used to do that when I did a lot of counted cross stitch. I stick my threaded needles in the couch cushion next to me. ;) Fidget was quite indignant when he tried to lay down on them. :eek

I should have know you clever girls would know that trick. :lol I used to do that when I did a lot of counted cross stitch. I stick my threaded needles in the couch cushion next to me. ;) Fidget was quite indignant when he tried to lay down on them. :eek

:rofl :rofl

Fidget, what a great name for a cat! :yes

I stick my needle in the couch cushion too. I used to do it to the chair but hubby took his chair back and gave me the couch. Oh well I have more room to spread out now :lol

I love the name Fidget too :)

I think I may have to try the multiple needle trick :yes

Oh and Cara, I have a favor to ask of you. Do you know which quilt would look good with green and muave? And whatever colors look good with mauve :lol I talked to my aunt today and those were the two colors she said were her absolute favorites. I suppose it is good to write this sort of stuff down so I don't forget :yes Any help would be great. Oh and she like "rustic" type of stuff. lol She's from Alaska and loves that sort of thing. Do you think a moose quilt would be hard to design :think

He's Fidget because that's what he does. :devil He is the most lovable cat, but, he can't settle down for more than a few minutes. :hyper His brother is all white. He's Boo. He is totally the opposite. That's why Boo weighs 17 lbs. and Fidget weighs 11 lbs. I call Fidget "long cat" cause thats what he is. :yes

Hmmm....to me green and mauve are more "cottage-y" :think I saw a ghan once with a moose but can't remember where. Might be AA. I'm afraid anything I made with quilt blocks might be kinda cartoony unless I just did silhouette(s). The Log Cabin block is kinda rustic. That might work. I need to work on some more rustic type ghans :yes

LOL Well I can do cottage-y. Those are her favorite colors...I think I'm gonna check out your site again and look at what you have.:yes

Alright I just looked over there...I four that might work. I need help deciding though...The choices I have are Roundabout, Woven Blocks, Ohio Star Variant, and Windwalker. Any choices or other options would help too.

I have a suggestion that speeds up the sewing together. I thread a couple of yarn needles with the different colors I am using. That way I don't have to keep changing. I'm pretty sure it is saving me some time.

*DOH* :oops Why have I never thought of that?? :think I guess i'll be buying more yarn needles. <<<<<<< That would be a good idea anyways because you should see me when I lose it in the cushions. I tear the whole couch apart no matter who's sitting on it. :lol

Tabby, probably just as well you take the couch apart. DH has threatened dire things the first time he impales himself on one of my needles. :rofl:haha:laughroll

Leslie

May I say I am so proud of you for all your new designs you have created ! You ladies are all so impressive . What a lot of talent there is here. I like the one with the greens, tans and browns best .

Dare I start it now ?

Nope-- gotta get rid of the UGLY MUG AVATAR of Krystal's first, and cannot do THAT starting a NEW project, so it's back to my good old Woven Blocks, which really is gonna be pretty when done, but I have sweated bullets working on it, because I see that durned picture of ARNOLD floating through my head everytime I pick it up .

Good morning, Julie!

You're right - Leslie's designs are really something - between her and Cara we'll all be on the same CALs for years!!

I love the green and purple one - reminds me of the catmint perennial in my yard.

Judy

Yea, I agree with you on the purple and green, it is so pretty ! It was actually my favorite til I saw the green and brown one -- they are both equally pretty though .

It's almost hard to work on anything now that DOESN'T have little squares-- you get so used to making them, it's all you can do after awhile.

We may all be here til the cows come home, at this rate. :lol

AWWWWW, :scrachin:blush Julie, Judy, thanks. Now I'm embarassed. Judi, I am officially naming the grn/purple one the Catmint Quilt in your honor.

I'm going to get to work on some more. Maybe a race car in honor of the young man at the dirt track. I should do a fire truck in honor of my husband the retired fire fighter. Hmm, I also have an idea for another kitty quilt. Boo and Fidget at the window.

Just for fun, here is two variation of the same block I fiddled with last night. It was so stinking hot here, I assembled part of the top left block of the Kitty Quilt and decided it was too hot. :sweat So I worked on these.

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u169/LeslieG_photos/Quilt%20ideas/?action=view&current=NinePatchCrossrust-crm.jpg

Archived