Can you look at another poncho?

crochetfun

Well, this was the first poncho I ever made, it is based on the Lionbrand Homespun pattern, done in Patons Decor, it is an eggplant colour. I just found it, had to take a picture... Too bad the poncho fashion was so short-lived, I enjoyed making them.poncho.jpg

In or out, I don't care. If it looks good wear it. And yours looks great!!! I was wearing mine around last fall before they were popular, and I will continue after the craze dies down....so be it. LOL

Your poncho is great!!!:manyheart

I so admire my DD. She doesn't care what's in or out of "fashion". If she likes something, she wears it ( unless everyone else is wearing it, then she won't touch it) She has her own funky style, and her friends are always telling her that she's the only one who could pull that off.

You should wear your poncho all you want!:)

Thanks everyone:)

To answer your questions:

The pattern can be found here:

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-poncho.html

and no, it's not a picture of me (I only wish to be so young...:)) - it is my daughter.

dogymom: my DD has the same "hangup" - she won't wear things when everyone else is.

That is an ADORABLE poncho... don't be a slave to fashion... it's not out unless you SAY it's out... and I, for one, think it looks adorable on you!

THE PONCHO MUST LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares what's 'in'?? Wear what you like and what you feel comfortable in. And good job with the poncho it looks soo much better than the one on the lionbrand site.:clap

Looks fabulous and you are a great model...

As for out, I never thought they ever went out! but then I still wear my beads, and burn incence and listen to bob dylan and.....

Thanks for your kind comments. :)

I am not anti-poncho. I still have my first one from the seventies. (just for memories)

They have totally disappeared from stores just as fast as they came in. We do not see anyone wearing them at all...

Shrugs have completely taken over.

I prefer shawls personally but that is an individual choice. I did not wear ponchos when they were in a year ago, but made them for friends.

No one has asked for one in a long time.

I presume there are local differences. Crochetville has members all over the world after all.

Your poncho looks great... great job... I must agree also... ponchos are not out b/c I am now getting requests for toddler ponchos for the easter holiday:c9 ...

Archived