do you know what this is???

AuntDebbie

doily1.jpg

as you can see it doesn't lay flat and it has a little loop in the center hole- almost as if it was made to hang it- do you know what it is? or what it is to be used as? Here is another picture:

doily2.jpg

this is in the hanging position from the loop at top.

thanks for the help.

I think it is a dishcloth, oddly enough. I have a book with one similar in it, and it's called the French dishcloth I think (don't quote me on the name, since I don't have it with me, I'm not sure) But it was a dishcloth; and you have it hanging the right way. :D Tina

looks like a Fox Network show: When Good Doilies Go Bad, Part 2 :devil

jk.... I think the dishcloth sounds reasonable, though looks kinda open in the stitch... might be good as some sort of kitchen appliance cover, or the tea cozy sounds good... it is s pretty thing :hook

• 1 month later...

:think I have to totally agree with the Dishcloth brigade.

They are great to use and each day, they can go in either the washing machine or dishwasher so they do not harbour bugs.

:think Great for wiping down benches etc.

Of course, there are no Crochet Police so you can actually use it for whatever you like, maybe even a nightcap.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

• 2 weeks later...
So people can't see the bits of plastic bread packets melted to the sides.

How is it that I am just finding this thread. It's cracking me up!:lol :lol :lol

Debbie, you're on to something, here! :rofl You know those "provide a caption for this photo" competitions? And folks come up with the funniest one-liners?

Well, how about a thread/forum for "Name this mystery object of the (month, day, week, whatever)" and see what our cracked, uhhh..., *creative* minds come up with? Who knows, maybe we'll discover the next great use for the whatever-it-turns-out-to-be....:D .

I'd offer to start such a thread, except I'm woefully short of finished objects... (not to mention, camera-less at the moment) - Oh, wait! I could compete in the UFO mystery game ("what is this object supposed to be when it is finished?")....

How is it that I am just finding this thread. It's cracking me up!:lol :lol :lol

Archived