mobius wrap

crochetobsession

I finally finished this. It's just one long rectangle joined with a half-twist in the back. (makes a mobius strip--a two sided piece that becomes one sided). All back loop sc. The yarn is Knit Picks Elegance (70% baby alpaca/30% silk) in Ash held together with J.&P. Coats silver metallic thread, size #10.

wrap_front.jpg

Here are the blog links for details:

http://crochetobsession.mycrochetblog.com/?p=34

http://crochetobsession.mycrochetblog.com/?p=32

Fantastic!

and if it wears on one side you can always turn it inside out! hehe

Mobius strips have always fascinated me. Thanks for posting it!

That is too cute. My daughter loves it.

Would you mind telling me how you joined it at the end? I can't even tell where it's joined. You did a beautiful job! :cheer

Thanks to you all! I just slip-stitched it up, but I went back over the seam with another line of slip stitch and matched it on the other side of the bobble row. So one of the raised rows is the seam, and the other is a match to it. (I didn't end up doing 3 rows of bobbles, just the one in the middle).

Hope that kinda makes sense.

That is really pretty and you picked the right yarns for it. It can go dressy or casual. Like the others here, I've been eyeing up the pattern and have been planning to make it myself. You did a wonderful job.:yay

This is very pretty. I'd love to make something like this, and it sounds like it would work up quickly, too. How does it wear? I mean, do you have any difficulties keeping it from slipping off or anything like that? thanks.

• 1 year later...

Hi! It's been a year and a half since you posted your lovely creation. I just wanted to thank you for keeping your pictures and instructions available for us newbies who just joined crochetville.

Archived