granny Squarelovers and chatters

I shutter:wbrr every time I hear the word snow.  I mean it is cool looking on the internet and the TV, but I do remember what it was like to shovel and drive in.  

Hey our trash truck have written on the side.  Free Snow Removal.:rofl

Well off to shut down for the night.  Take care everyone.

• Like 1

Good morning!

Had to run the AC yesterday afternoon, now the heat's back on this morning. We missed the bad weather, just a little rain. While we have cool/cold nights the rest of the week, it's still 60's during the day, so no complaints from me.

DS was home yesterday, so no baby grand duties for me. Except for laundry, I was a couch potato. Hopefully I can get a little more done today, so off to get started.

Wow that storm is pretty big in the US from what I see on the news.  Hope everyone in it's path are ok and you aren't without power for long.

27 minutes ago, pineknott said:

Under the weather guys, amen down with pneumonia,pe ding on C-diff

Seen you message Tina but couldn't answer

Ok Lyn, I hope you feel better soon.  Big Hugs.

Well we survived the big storm.  Our area only got about 4 inches of snow before it turned into big rain.  The winds were crazy, got maybe two hours sleep last night.  Lost some branches out back but no real damage.

Have a great day everyone.

hello all  well back and neck are better lol  i am on the mend i think  how are all of you  we saw 3 hawks fkying yesreday and 7 last week i thinj=k the hunting id bad doen Oklahma way and chasinf them up here i hve never seen 7 jawks in a coey or herd or scjool or flock lol weird  huh 

their are 2 doves came back too, but thet are differnt than my dives were si not the same 2 i guess oh my more mcoffee pwease lol i am yawing already lol  

twell all i got today 60 degrees all week we are in top form!! 

enjoy the day, every day is a gift   katie and 

Good morning.  The sun is shinning and not a cloud in the sky.  2 more days of this chill and on Monday back to the heat.

Thought I would drop in and say Hi!  See how everyone is doing.

Well off to see what is going on in the world.

Have a great weekend.

Hi- Just checking in for a quick note. I had rain here yesterday early evening for a short while and my DD had snow for a bit, and she only lives about half a mile from me. Go figure! It was cold last night but we have had glorious blue skies and sunshine all day with 60°F for our high. 70's and low 80's are predicted for next week. 🤯

I'm hope all having health problems are recuperating and feeling much better.

Good morning.  Clouds this morning and down to 56 when I got up.

So is everyone ready for the eclipse tomorrow?  They were show this morning the next few years when we will have an eclipse.  In 2045 it will go right over the state of Florida.  I know I will not be around for that, but it is a goal for me.  I will be 95 if I last. lol

Ok have a great day everyone.

My friend called yesterday. She and her daughter and I'm not sure who else--4-year-old GD and SIL?-- are getting up early in the morning and driving to Hardy AR to see the eclipse and then driving home---do I want to go? Tempting--busy schedule this week that could? be rearranged; toothache has recurred but controlled pretty well by 24-hour use of ibuprofen (and antibiotics). But then reality peeks in--ibuprofen and antibiotics--what's the probability of continuing to have a travel reliable stomach. And we have 95% eclipse here--yeah, not full, but pretty close. Still thinking about it, but most likely I'll stay home.

I went to an arts festival yesterday--bought a big colorful basket from Ghana. 3 of the grands had paintings accepted in the school age contest--one won 1st place and one 2nd place in their grade categories. It was a really nice day to be outside.

DS got my mower issues resolved and I got the yard mowed for the first time. Planted some purslane in concrete pots in the front yard--it did well there last year. Today I'll get a cherry tomato and marigolds planted in a huge pot outside the side door. Then hopefully the 2 mosquito plants into pots from last year.

We seem to be at the end of 30's and 40's at night, so time to call and get the pool uncovered. The grands can't wait!

Good morning!

Nope, not going anywheres tomorrow. With the eclipse I’m sure the traffic is going to be horrible. Don’t want to be sitting anywheres for hours on end except my home. So wed will watch what we can right here.

Sorry for the gaps away from this site. Once again in the hospital. I got sent to the ER from the skilled Nursing center because they thought I had pneumonia and C-diff. But test at the hospital showed negative for both. I am still in the hospital because I had loose stool with blood due to ulcerative colitis problem. By the way how is Lea doing? 

Mona, sounds like a fun day at the festival and congratulations to the grandkids on their wins.

Lyn, I'm sorry you're back in the hospital, hopefully you will be able to leave soon.

Mona watching from home seems like the wisest choice.  From what I hear you better already be in position now or very close because traffic will be bad and places you think you will be able to park and watch like parks are going to get crowded fast.

Lyn I hate to hear you are back in the hospital.

Mary Jo you never know.  I didnt know so many made it so far into their 90's until we moved here.

My great niece Andromeda will be a year old tomorrow, eclipse day.  Its 90% in this area. We met them at Funhouse Pizza today.  She had fun on the rides.  It didnt take her long to figure out that the nearby box (for a quarter) made it go.FullSizeR(8).thumb.jpg.7daa8228112db70ece84f26c631b798e.jpg

• Haha 1

Love the picture Brenda.  It is such fun to look at the world thru a child's eyes.  It is amazing and fun to watch the wonder.

Here it is 1 AM and I am still awake.  I was laying down, but they tell you not to stay there to long if you can't sleep.  Anyway, I get what my Dad us to call a square A$$ is I sit to long.

Well, off to check out the rest of the world.

Good morning.  Bright and shinny this morning.  They are talking some rain maybe later today.

It was about 2 before I was able to close my eyes and go to sleep.

I have been trying to get ahold of Lea, I do hope she is ok.

Well, off to check out the Ville.

Have a fun day

Hello everyone.  

Well, we have clouds today, but the maybe rain will be here tomorrow.

It is hump day, we use to call it when I worked. and the week is flying by.

I am making Pooh and Friends key chains.  I have one down and several to go.

Not much going on here.  Just another day in paradise.

Have a fun day.

Brenda, cute picture!

Lyn, hope you're out of the hospital.

Hope everyone else is doing well. We missed the actual eclipse here. Got to see about half of the covering up part between clouds then another thunderstorm moved in. The friend that went to AR said it was worth the trip but the traffic afterwards was horrible.

We're up to 5" of rain this week and the end isn't in sight yet. At least we have missed some of the worst of it. DS was home today so I didn't have the two grands. They are all coming by to have some cake when everyone is back home. I got him out before 7:30 this morning--we helped a neighbor get a tree cut up and moved off the back of their house. Luckily it was a small tree and didn't do much damage to the roof.

Thank you for the smile.  I love her watching the eclipse and in the car, she looks like she is having a great time.

We did not see the eclipse.  It was just a whisper here, but we got to see it on TV.

Have a fun night.

51 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Thank you for the smile.  I love her watching the eclipse and in the car, she looks like she is having a great time.

We did not see the eclipse.  It was just a whisper here, but we got to see it on TV.

Have a fun night.

We had a good view in the backyard. Wasnt sure how dark it would get as we were 90% here.  It was like early evening when it darkens a little bit.  It was more noticeably dark when you went in the house.  The temp drop was noticeable.   2017 we were at our old place for the total one.  The dawn to dusk light came on.  Bugs and birds got quiet.  Neighbor's rooster crowed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bgs said:

We had a good view in the backyard. Wasnt sure how dark it would get as we were 90% here.  It was like early evening when it darkens a little bit.  It was more noticeably dark when you went in the house.  The temp drop was noticeable.   2017 we were at our old place for the total one.  The dawn to dusk light came on.  Bugs and birds got quiet.  Neighbor's rooster crowed.

I found that the bugs and birds got quiet here also.  We had partial eclipse, still amazing to see.  If we were one province over in New Brunswick, we would have seen totality. 

• Like 1

No eclipse observed by me. I sat in my recliner with intent to read a little and promptly fell asleep so, I slept through the whole thing! LOL. My pest control techie was by yesterday and he showed me a photo his daughter took. She set a colander on the driveway and every hole on it showed the eclipse shadows on the concrete. I should have had him send me the photo. It was so interesting. Some say you can use a cheese grater also.

I had the tree in my back yard removed finally for fear of the limbs breaking off and causing damage to my house or fence or my neighbor's house. It sure looks bare out there now. Normally, I would never have a tree cut down, but this one was too scary.

Nothing much else going on here except an eye checkup tomorrow. The good news is my DD is taking me to lunch first. I do look forward to that.

That is funny about the colondar.  I would never of thought of that.

Lots of clouds today, waiting for the maybe rain.  I just saw what happened in LA and Northern Florida.  I do hope anyone in the path of this storm, please be careful.

Quite day today, but everyday is quite.

• Like 1