granny Squarelovers and chatters

3 hours ago, pineknott said:

Good morning, later start because of a rough nite,I'm very weepy today but I'm going to try to get through it 

:hug

7 hours ago, pineknott said:

Good morning, later start because of a rough nite,I'm very weepy today but I'm going to try to get through it 

Lyn, I wish I could give you a big hug :hugYou're in my prayers every day.

7 hours ago, pineknott said:

Lyn, I wish I could give you a big hug :hugYou're in my prayers every day.

We are having one whopper of a storm and it's still raining! We weren't supposed to have any until about Thursday and now rain, hail, lightning, thunder and snow on the big mountain. It rained so hard a few minutes ago, the street was flooded over the sidewalks and creeping up onto my front yard. Thank goodness where the house sits it's elevated and the water has drained from the yard. Whew!

I just heard thunder close by again so that's it for this evening. Bye!

Good morning.

What a day yesterday. Daughter went to her doctor appointment and was dilated to a 3,off to the hospital they sent her. They called me to come get the two older grandchildren. So i raced to to the hospital. They took her ack for emergency c-section. I picked up the children and went to their house to feed the fur babies. On the way i got a speeding ticket. I was following traffic, but oh well i got pulled over. I am in the negative right now barely had gas money. My day just kept getting better. Not a day you want to repeat that’s for sure. Son-in-law called and daughter lost a lot blood, heart rate down, low blood sugar. Needless to say we were very worried. Baby David needed to be breathing better so they kept him for like 6 hours before taking to daughter. Baby Xaden was kept for 4 hours. They continue to monitor them. They were born at 37 weeks. I just checked on her and she is doing a tad better and both babies are doing okay . Wow what eventful day,.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So sorry to hear bout you daughter and the babies.  I will put them on my prayer list.

Sun is shinning, but it is cold again, under 60.

Reni, send that rain over here.  We got about 5 - 10 minutes of rain the other night and no more till Friday.

Working on a hat for a doll.  I do not like working with 2 strands of size 10 thread.

Have a fun day.

Lyn, hope your day brightens up. Long term health issues can really get you down.

Sandra, hope mom and babies continue to improve.

Reni, glad you didn't have flooding. Sounds like you're getting the full spectrum of weather all at once.

I'm starting today out tired. I had the boys late yesterday afternoon, supposed to be for 2 hours, but the oldest GD got sick and ended up going to an after hours clinic, then the pharmacy was already closed. DIL thought one further away was open, but discovered the store open but not the pharmacy. She didn't get back to pick up the boys until 9:30. I made the 70 mile round trip this morning to pick up the prescriptions so she wouldn't have to get everyone out. Now two on antibiotics and two with snotty noses. Back timing that DS is working out of town.

Laundry and paperwork waiting on me to get it together.

Owlvamp, I hope your daughter and the babies continue to improve and will all be home soon. 

Mona, I hope everyone in your family is healthy very soon. 

Mary Jo, we had about 30 minutes of rain this morning in south Florida and the temps dropped to mid 60's for the morning but were in the mid 70s and sunny in the afternoon. 

It is 10 PM and I am getting ready to watch a Hockey game and perhaps go to sleep.

We are going to be chilly for the rest of the week.  70's during the day then 60's at night.  Guess our winter isn't over yet cshort.

cshort, hope you are doing ok with the Spring breakers.  I just heard they are leaving Miami and going to Ft. Lauderdale.  They do not like the curfew.

Well, it is time to get under the covers, get my cup of tea and just relax and go to sleep for the rest of the night.

Have a good one.

Today was dry, sunny and 67°F with beautiful fluffy clouds floating in and out this afternoon. Since it's still 2 weeks away for Easter, I know a good one is coming in. This is our most UN-predictable time of year for weather.

Sandra- That sounds like a very stressful day. I probably would have busted out crying with that policeman. I pray that your DD and babies will keep improving daily.

Lyn- It was explained to me by one of my surgeon's that being weepy is not unusual and a part of healing when a major health issue has occurred. He even warned my DH that I might get that way. You are still in my prayers every day. 

Mona- You sure had a full day. No wonder you're dragging a bit! Hang in there. Tomorrow is a new day.

Mary Jo- According to the weather map, it looks like you may have rain on Friday. Be careful what you ask for! LOL

A bucket of Cheers for all of you!

• Thanks 1

Itwas 50 degrees when I got up this morning.  It is suppose to get up to 71.  We shall see.

Mona, I am tired listening to what you had to do.  I do hope the little ones get better soon.  I remember that with my kids.  If one got sick, the others would follow.

Did not get to see my hockey game last night as it started at 10 PM.  They were out in Vegas.  I was out of it by 10.  Tomorrow night it will be 10:30, so I will miss that one, they are in San Jose.

Well, there is stirring in the bedroom, so I better start getting breakfast ready.

Alrighty, a pop in here,

things are going pretty well  Chris's last eye doc appt showed some improvement, we go back in April, my blood work came back good this round

Spent last  thursday and Friday with the Princess, took us all weekend to recover!

I go back to work tomorrow through Sat. off Sunday, then work Mon through Wed.

Been packing up half the house to take to the thrift store, between MJ,s encouragement and one of the sweetest down to earth letters from Brenda, I think we are going to look into selling and moving closer to one of the boys...we also need to be closer to my inlaws, none of us are getting any younger.  At my age do I really need every back issue of crochet world?  This will be a process, might take a few months to a year, but country living isn't as fun as it us to be...

Lyn, hang in there... Sandra, hope all is well in baby world

HUgs~ Lea

• Like 1

Glad to hear that Chris's eye exam showed some improvement.  Good news on the blood work also.

I do know what you mean about the Crochet Worlds.  My subscription is up this year.  Trying to find if I can just get a digital.  Do not need the hard copy.

We did not even make it up to 70 today.  Try again tomorrow.

Have a fun day.

• Like 1

Mary Jo, I'm far enough inland that we don't feel too much of an impact from the spring breakers.

Lea, that is good news for you and hubby.

It was 60 degrees when I left for work this morning and we hit 77 this afternoon. I think we have rain coming at the end of the week.

I hope you are all doing well.

• Like 1

It was 71°F today with a breeze and the same for tomorrow. Little white clouds were scattered around by the wind making for interesting subjects floating in the sky. When my grandkids were little, they used to call them lamby-clouds.

I'm looking for a different square to make for the kitty project. I'm not fond of the open look on granny squares for this project. It shows too much of the box through instead of the squares being the focal point. I'll find something.

I hope everyone is having a good day, especially those that had a hard day yesterday. :hug

• Like 1

Good morning.  It was 60 when I got up this morning.  I am waiting for the cleaning girls to come.

Looks like the PGA tour is this weekend up at Innisbrook golf club, up the street from us.  That means all weekend we will see busses going into and out of the parking lot at the middle school up the street.  They park at the school, get on a bus and then are taken to the golf club.  It is facinating to watch the busses come out of the street behind our house.  It is suppose to start raining tonight and go into tomorrow and maybe Saturday.  Should be fun to watch how they handle that.  This storm was just in Texas and is picking up more water in the Gulf. So if you or your spose are watching a golf tournament, it is up the street from me.

That is about the end of excitement for me.

Have a fun day.

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 1

Lea, glad y'all got some positive health news for a change! Downsizing is a hard task. Someone asked last weekend what I was going to do with all of DH's stuff. He was a big time collector with a lot of different areas of interest. I laughed and said at this point I've about decided to ignore the issue and let my sons deal with it when I'm gone.

Sandra, hope the little ones are doing good and mom too.

Lyn, thinking about you.

Reni, there are SO many square possibilities; picking just the right one may be hard.

We're having some warm sunny days--so nice! Hopefully Monday's freeze was the last cold spell that always seems to come around Easter. I'm ready to move potted plants outside.

• Like 1

Glad to hear some good news about y'all.

I'm trying to find the thank you thread for days now,I'm just going to post it here Fgm from MA. And NC thank you for my cards,there are a highlight of my day 

• Like 1

Well, we got some rain this morning around 2 AM. We are waiting for the next round.

The busses are running this morning to the Golf Course.  I wonder if they mind getting their feet wet, guess not.

The Lightning won again, now on to LA and then Anaheim, before they come home.  Have to tape the games, as they are on to late to watch.

Almost done my outfit. Working on the purse, but first I have to turn the table and tree over to Easter.  I hate 2 holidays in the same month.

Well, off to do my changing.

Have a fun day.

• Like 1

haha that is a job huh  where do you store it all when its not on display?? lol Got a ghan seamed up done his am, feeling accomplised for today lol  good thing caus my back is not great today lol  itd telling me Time Out missy, or you're gonna be in a world of hurt lol and i font thinkk its kidding around either    

so the rest of this day, im in for some book listening, and some yarn ball winding or sorting perhas or amazon  bowsing lol Spring has arrived finally but you would not know that by these overcast days you know  oh well huh always tomorrow huh  l 

• Like 1

Katy- Be careful with that back of yours. Been there done that and it's not a pretty adventure.

Mary Jo- I record pretty much everything I watch on TV. I get so tired of all the commercials and 99% of the commercials are products I'm not even interested in. I am just one that really appreciates your holiday trees. You do such a fantastic job.

Lyn- I too find it a little confusing trying to find the FGM folder. If it will help, here's a LINK to the 2024 FGM Folder. I hope you are feeling better!

• Like 2

Still have clouds, but not much rain.

Up early this morning, now I am getting sleepy.  Time for a nap.  Yeah Right.

Quite day today.

Have fun.

• Like 1

I've been a couch potato today. It's sunny but in the 50's today. I finally finished collecting and photocopying and got everything to the accountant Friday. Then picked up my new glasses. Of course the two were in opposites directions from home. I'll be going back next week with the glasses. Not sure if the problem is the prescription or the placement of the progressive bifocals in the lens.

• Like 1